Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ray Clemence RIP

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Blimey I had him younger than that. It must be me getting older.
I'm 59 and it's a reminder to me that our time on this earth is very limited.

Once this pandemic is under control I'm sure there will be a surge in tourism, entertainment and hospitality.

RIP Ray.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

Once this pandemic is under control I'm sure there will be a surge in tourism, entertainment and hospitality.

RIP Ray.

along with a good few, if fortunate enough financially, will decide to retire early and actually enjoy the things they’ve spent a lifetime planning to save for and do.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It gets even more close to home when it's your own generation that are popping off. Sad day, great keeper. RIP.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I am absolutely gutted. My second team is Barnet and Ray was the manager there from January 1994 to August 1996. He brought through some brilliant players like Dougie Freedman, Linvoy Primus, Maik Taylor amongst others. I was lucky enough to meet Ray on a few occasions and he was a very warm man, who had the strongest handshake (being a goalkeeper) imaginable, almost cutting off my blood supply!

I knew Ray was going downhill fast and it had occurred to me in these difficult times that he may not be strong enough to survive. This morning was just a flesh wound, this feels like a dagger through the heart right now. Ray, at least you are at peace now mate and thanks for your kindness towards me and every Bees follower during your time managing Barnet.

Rest in peace, Ray, you'll forever have a place in my heart. Once a Bee, always a Bee. ♡

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A very good keeper (other than than howler at Hampden Park)

If it wasn't for the rotation with Shilton would have won far more caps with England.

RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I am absolutely gutted. My second team is Barnet and Ray was the manager there from January 1994 to August 1996. He brought through some brilliant players like Dougie Freedman, Linvoy Primus, Maik Taylor amongst others. I was lucky enough to meet Ray on a few occasions and he was a very warm man, who had the strongest handshake (being a goalkeeper) imaginable, almost cutting off my blood supply!

I knew Ray was going downhill fast and it had occurred to me in these difficult times that he may not be strong enough to survive. This morning was just a flesh wound, this feels like a dagger through the heart right now. Ray, at least you are at peace now mate and thanks for your kindness towards me and every Bees follower during your time managing Barnet.

Rest in peace, Ray, you'll forever have a place in my heart. Once a Bee, always a Bee. ♡

That's a wonderful tribute.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

RIP Ray.

Totally agree, much loved cousins of mine were taken by C in their early 50’s. Enjoy life, don’t put off attainable dreams.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2020 is giving 2016 a run for its money re the touch of The Grim Reaper.

RIP Ray Clemence, England's keeper when I was a boy, a legend for Liverpool, decent for Spurs too.

It has to be said that England were truly blessed with keepers in the 70s and early 80s. Clemence, Shilts, Corrigan would all walk into thos England team now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In the top 3 England keepers of all time. We've had nothing like that standard for years

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Always looked forward to the battle between Clemence and Shilton to see who got the shirt, a real gentleman RIP

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Remember going to see us play Spurs the team with Archibald and Crooks up front (they were brilliant) and always thought the difference between a top goalkeeper and the rest was marginal,after watching Clemence I realised it was massive,great keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here