Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radiohead: Genius prog rock innovators or self absorbed pretentious sixth formers

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Personally There There is one of my all time favourite songs but they do take themselves very seriously

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Most consistent band of the last 20 years, (along with Pearl Jam IMO) and some truly wonderful songs.

Personally There There is one of my all time favourite songs but they do take themselves very seriously

indeed,although not a massive fan of Pablo Honey or Bends, this is one band I think gets better with every album. This has been done before on here and they'll get slagged off wholesale, but it'll be by those who have never heard 'Sail Me To The Moon' 'Dollars and Cents' or 'Weird Fishes'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very consistent and some brilliant tracks. I like the fact they experiment with their music, unlike say Oasis who continued the same tired sound. After their first two brilliant albums, it was f***ing tedious.

I agree with AP and EP above. Very good band, very consistent.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They are OK.

I like some, cant stand others.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're not prog rock. They're a very, very good band who have influenced (directly or indirectly) thousands of new bands.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You've never seen South Park's Scott Tenorman must die episode then, featuring the band.

Oh, and I'm in the 'they are brilliant' camp. I don't always get what they are on about and a lot of their stuff does need some patience but it's worth it, in my opinion.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Started well and make some amazing albums but then went so far up their own arse it was unbelievable.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Genius and impossible to pigeon hole. Music with beauty and depth. Anyone who doesnt get it should be instantly put against a wall.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good band.

(Not sure about the Pearl Jam love-up further up this thread mind).

The Bends is one of my favourite albums. Well, top 30 anyway.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kid A is an extremely beautiful album. Takes roughly 2 months listening to properly "get it".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How did they go up their own arse though? They made music that was appreciated by millions of people, and broke new ground.

If they made an album that was needlessly "clever" to the detriment of the quality of the album I would agree with you, but the general consensus is that they haven't done that once yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here