Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism from fans - Racism from manager. Oh then they complain about homophobic chants

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Poyet, up there with De Canio with his views.

Poor old "Gas" Poyet is getting national coverage over his racist comments, so much so that Nick Griffiths has been on the phone to him, asking if he would like to stand at the next election for the BNP.

He would though have to moderate his views a tad though, apparently.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Make sure you dont fall off that high horse youve rode in on.:facepalm:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was a Chesterfield fan :shrug:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He's an Oxford fan who only ever comes on here to slag us off. No idea why. We haven't played Oxford for years.

Oww, I thought Spires = Cheatersfield! Oxford never crossed my mind!! Did they get promoted back into the football league? Or are they still in the what's it called these days? Conference thing, you know, the amateurs one. Serious question!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
dreaming spires, were you the 'anonymous tv fan' that reported this 'fact' to the FA?

Here's the facts
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Albion Praised by Kick It Out

Club Statement

Kick It Out has praised Brighton & Hove Albion for their handling of an erroneous allegation of racist abuse against the club's supporters.

Seagulls supporters were wrongfully accused of directing anti-Welsh abuse at Liverpool forward Craig Bellamy, but a full inquiry by the club, Kick It Out and The Football Association concluded the accusations to be totally false.

Fans of the club were heard chanting 'Seasiders' during the Carling Cup tie, but one member of the public misheard the chant while watching on television and reported Albion to The FA, as well as alerting the media.

Paul Elliott, ambassador for Kick It Out, which starts its One Game, One Community week of action tomorrow, said, "Brighton & Hove Albion and their supporters have an exemplary record with regard to tackling discrimination, and it is a great shame that their reputation has been tarnished by these unfounded allegations.

"Brighton have always been hugely supportive of our campaign and we praise their community work across the piste, particularly in tackling homophobia, and for the way they have approached and dealt with this matter."

Albion managing director Ken Brown added, "It is very sad that the club's reputation and that of its supporters have been tarnished in this way.

"It has been our belief ever since this allegation was made, that it was totally unfounded, as neither Brighton & Hove Albion or our supporters accept racism, and the club has an exemplary record and zero tolerance policy on any such behaviour.

"However, this anonymous allegation from a member of the public who watched the match on television was taken seriously by our operations team and they investigated fully - including reviewing the full TV match footage.

"They found that it is quite clear there was no racial abuse of Craig Bellamy or any other Liverpool player. It appears the popular and innocent chant of 'Seasiders' was misheard by the viewer, who sadly instead of assisting the club in the investigation, chose instead to alert the media."

While an FA spokesman confirmed, "The FA can confirm Brighton & Hove Albion have no case to answer, following a complaint regarding alleged abusive chanting in their fixture against Liverpool in the Carling Cup last month.

"The complainant and Kick It Out have been informed that the allegations were erroneous, and both the club and The FA have reviewed footage of the match and conclude the supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion did not direct any abusive chanting to any individual player.

"The FA wish to thank the club for proactively co-operating on this matter. The FA, Kick It Out and Brighton and Hove Albion do not condone any form of discrimination or abuse."

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
First you throw racist abuse at Craig Bellamy for being Welsh, then there is widespread coverage of bha fans complaining about homophobic chants at your games, now poyet comes out with his most recent rant about it being perfectly acceptable to call black people negroes in his eyes.

Well you may get all the luck going your way when you play on the pitch but you need to decide which way you want things off the pitch, before you gain a reputation of being the racist champions of the football league.
cool story bro, needs more dragons

mikeyross

Jun 22, 2011
Poyet, up there with De Canio with his views.

Poor old "Gas" Poyet is getting national coverage over his racist comments, so much so that Nick Griffiths has been on the phone to him, asking if he would like to stand at the next election for the BNP.

He would though have to moderate his views a tad though, apparently.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Dunno why Nick Griffiths would be calling Gus with such an offer ....

Seriously bad for us if Nick Griffin were to do so, however.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It stinks of hypocrisy given the amount of abuse Firoz Kassam was given and I heard racist songs sung by your fans at Underhill about your chairman in the past.

Glass houses.....???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ahem

Getting back to main topic of conversation today.........

Yes, i thought DS was Chesterfield as well.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ahem

Getting back to main topic of conversation today.........

Yes, i thought DS was Chesterfield as well.

Am I the only who doesn't give a flying f*ck...He could be Cheaterfield, an Oxford (or as I call them Swindon reserves & Reading rejects), Palace or bloody Adelaide United...he's still a cock either way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here