Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting Smoking Thread

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I'm still on the 10motives e-cig but all the bad shit smell/taste/breathing has sorted itself out and fags and the need of has gone.

If anyone is not sure if they can give up, give the e-cigs a go.

They have been shockingly good for me.

I bought one and put it in a cupboard just in case I needed it. I gave it away to a mate last week.........unused:)

I smoked 20 a day, and had for many years, but managed to stop cold turkey. I've got a friend who gave up over 5 years ago and is still addicted to nicotine gum!!

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I bought one and put it in a cupboard just in case I needed it. I gave it away to a mate last week.........unused:)

I smoked 20 a day, and had for many years, but managed to stop cold turkey. I've got a friend who gave up over 5 years ago and is still addicted to nicotine gum!!

That is very cool, but i think i'll stick to what is working for me. I have been feeling great and i don't feel like a proper fag and for me thats great too

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm still on the 10motives e-cig but all the bad shit smell/taste/breathing has sorted itself out and fags and the need of has gone.

If anyone is not sure if they can give up, give the e-cigs a go.

They have been shockingly good for me.

Same here, i use my vaping machine....trying Caramel and Expresso liquid next, had a taste today.........nice. Over 5 months since i last had tobacco, i started off as a Serious Vapist, now use it less and less. Nearly 40 years a smoker.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I have sinned.

This thread encouraged me to give up, and I've now been smoke free for 10 days - time stood still on the first day, but I found it less stressful to use one of those e-cigarettes, and then went cold turkey for a couple of days - af when I get the cravings I've been chewing the old nicotine gum / lozenges - they really do work, and have gone from about 10-15 a day (and feeling like windmilling my colleagues because I couldn't chain smoke at work) to not feeling like one at all. It can be done, but the first month is the hardest so i've been told. Having seen the colour of some of the debris coming out of me, i'm glad i've finally managed to abstain - have another go - the hardest battle is the mental one

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
now gone 3 weeks.....after the first 4 days one is in the clear :) .....but still get the odd pang after a meal, or with a friend that smokes.

but more oxygen means more energy.......and i like it :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I gave up a year and two months ago had this awful feeling it was going to kill me so I just stopped and never looked back, that was me 28 years a smoker. So many benefits I actually feel like my life has started over again health wise.

Keep going it so worth it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I think these story's are amazing. I have been off them now for 5 months and i am not going to lie but sometimes i still could murder one. But that passes in a few moments.

I hope everyone; Cars, FOOTSKI, JamesAndTheGiantHead, hybrid_x, Adders1, Soulman, Petunia and everyone else i haven't mentioned are successful and strong.

:smile:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think these story's are amazing. I have been off them now for 5 months and i am not going to lie but sometimes i still could murder one. But that passes in a few moments.

Been having huge cravings at random times of the day (also gave up 5 months ago), I'm convinced its my mind playing tricks in me because I know I don't want one :)

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Same here, i use my vaping machine....trying Caramel and Expresso liquid next, had a taste today.........nice. Over 5 months since i last had tobacco, i started off as a Serious Vapist, now use it less and less. Nearly 40 years a smoker.

You sir are a star. GOOD WORK........ 5 months clear after 40 years is mad you must be feeling frigging great :bowdown:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Congrats to all that have given up and good luck to those who are in the early stages of giving up, it is not easy but the rewards later are so worth it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You sir are a star. GOOD WORK........ 5 months clear after 40 years is mad you must be feeling frigging great :bowdown:

Thanks FOOTSKI. I do feel very good as it happens.
Can i just say to other posters that are trying to give up after being addicted for many years, firstly i admire those that can give it up by cold turkey, gum or patches etc, i tried them all and failed miserably.
So if anyone is in the same situation, then i hope this info helps.
Those e cigs that look like ciggies are an expensive way of doing it, i believe that one of these costs about a fiver and gives the equivalent of 20 cigs.
The initial layout for a decent vaping machine, with two batteries, 10ml of liquid and charger ranges from £35 - £60, it sounds expensive eh!. Once you get the kit it is just the liquid and cartomiser that need to be brought.
Now i started off buying cartomisers/atomisers with the wicks in them, but have moved onto just buying replacement wicks and replacing them myself.
To give you an example, a replacement cartomiser/atomiser costs about £4-95, they need to be replaced about every six weeks, by replacing the wicks myself (very easy indeed) the wicks cost £1-95. So it costs me about £4 a week now, the liquid costs about £13 for 30ml, and that lasts me about a month.
Ok, if you are still awake :)
You can get the liquids in different strengths and flavours, now i smoked Golden Virginia, so started off on medium strength, they do numerous flavours like B&H, Marlborough, Old Holborn etc.
So i started on this, and never missed or craved a rollie.
So you can then move on, if you still need the nicotine you can get Apple, Blueberry, Coffee...in fact loads of different flavours, which contain nicotine without the tar and shit.
Now i am at the stage where if i want to relax with a pint, but miss just that relaxing (smoke) actually vape...you know the throat hit, then i can vape a flavour that does NOT contain nicotine.
I am not remotely tempted to try tobacco again, no cravings at all.
I have found the decent sites now and buy my liquid and replacement wicks etc from different sites, that was a learning curve in itself.
Feel free to contact me if needed, or you may spot me using it in the NS concourse, because it does not look like a ciggy, i have had no trouble, a few quick tokes and i'm set up for the start and second half of the game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm jumping on the bandwagon now. It's going to be difficult as I have a fair amount of spare time (looking for work) before my job starts in September.

I do need to give up. I don't want to cause anymore irreversible damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here