Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quirky anatomical facts about yourself

Dec 24, 2010
Speaking of deafness, I've got that type where you can't hear anything else while there's prominent background noise (if that makes sense). It's pointless anyone I'm with talking to me in nightclubs unless they scream right in my ear.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am missing a knuckle on my right hand.

TIP: when someone smashes a cricket ball at you try and avoid letting it hit you on the hand

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
My hips click and grind when I walk. I also have dodgy lungs and have had numerous pneumothoraxes and an operation on my left lung.
Hubby has an inactive thyroid, from birth, has to take pills all his life or he'll go into a coma etc.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have hypermobility syndrome so I can make my knees, arms and thumbs bend and twist in weird directions.

So does my girlfriend - hypermobility has its uses !

However, she's not fond of the scars on her wrists where she had them 'tightened' and doesn't fancy the same op on her knees which might have to happen if they get much worse...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Speaking of deafness, I've got that type where you can't hear anything else while there's prominent background noise (if that makes sense). It's pointless anyone I'm with talking to me in nightclubs unless they scream right in my ear.

Indeed - I don't normally have any hearing issues, but I struggle when there is a background noise e.g. pubs etc. I think there is a specific medical problem that covers it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
ummmm....I'm right-handed for writing and cricket but left-handed for cutlery amd scalpels and left-footed for football.

I'm like that, left hand writing, right hand mouse, right hand teeth cleaning ( never try to clean your teeth with the wrong hand). Footer, ambi-foot-derous, golf mostly left, but it helps sometimes to use a RH club. And for some reason when I go clay pigeon shooting I decide what way round to shoot each target based on how I think I'll do it best. Oh, and I type on my iPhone both handed.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
My hips click and grind when I walk. I also have dodgy lungs and have had numerous pneumothoraxes and an operation on my left lung.
Hubby has an inactive thyroid, from birth, has to take pills all his life or he'll go into a coma etc.

Did you first meet in a Doctor's surgery?

Indeed - I don't normally have any hearing issues, but I struggle when there is a background noise e.g. pubs etc. I think there is a specific medical problem that covers it.

There definitely is, a friend of mine has an Iphone hearing test app and it showed for sure I've got the partial deafness whenever there's ambient noise. I really do hate it, it's so annoying when in a pub or supermarket and I'm either going What? WHAT? Every 5 mins or nodding along to every question that's asked which makes me feel a rude berk. Had ears syringed but made no difference :(

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Hahaha excellent. Right for me as well, since I was 8.

The whole 'manoeuvring for position so they don't get your deaf side' situation has become a fine art over the years.

I used to work with a chap who was deaf in one ear, but he didn't tell anybody?
If you sat next to him on his wrong side and spoke, he would turn his head a full 90 degrees and lean towards you ... obviously so he could hear better, but we didn't know that?
It was most disconcerting before we found out about the deafness?
The first time he did it to me, I genuinely thought .. "f***, he's going to kiss me!!"
I leant so far back, I nearly fell off the chair!

It was quite funny being in meeting rooms with him and sitting on the opposite side of the table, watching him do it to others!
So many people warned him that he'd get a slap if he tried it again, he finally had to tell us what the problem was?

Why he originally wanted to keep it secret I don't quite understand? It's hardly the most embarrassing problem to have?

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I am unable to close my left eye , whilst simultaneously keeping my right eye open- they both close , leaving me effectively blind:wink:
I walked into my teacher at infant school and had this problem ever since, my sister loves to mock it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here