Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quirky anatomical facts about yourself

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have incredibly knobbly knees. And bizarrely long forearms, seriously. Plus, I have a bizarrely short trunk. :down:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Are you stone deaf in the one ear, Hiney and Dominoid?

I believe it is an afliction of Bill Clinton, so you are in good company. If you are using the phone, are you alien to everything else that is going on?

Yes and yes.

I'm now so used to it that whilst I would love to have the hearing in that ear back again, my live is so geared to the one ear deafness.

My bgiggest problem is in the pub or a crowd of people. I can hear people talking to me, but I sometimes can't work out the direction the noise is coming from. I then tend to spin around looking a bit ridiculous, until the source is identified!

The situation can also have advantages.

"Didn't you hear the baby crying all through the night Ian?"

"Sorry sweet, I must have had my good ear to the pillow"

:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes and yes.

I'm now so used to it that whilst I would love to have the hearing in that ear back again, my live is so geared to the one ear deafness.

My bgiggest problem is in the pub or a crowd of people. I can hear people talking to me, but I sometimes can't work out the direction the noise is coming from. I then tend to spin around looking a bit ridiculous, until the source is identified!

It is a f***ing pain in the arse, no?

I used to be able to interact and it was always expected of me to butt in with a joke or keep the conversation flowing. Nowadays, in a group conversation, I have to get people to re-run the joke so as not to be left out. :tantrum:

As you say, it does have its benefits... now and then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When standing up, in bare feet, I can point my big toes at 90 degrees straight up, and then I can walk about whilst still keeping them pointing upwards.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It is a f***ing pain in the arse, no?

I used to be able to interact and it was always expected of me to butt in with a joke or keep the conversation flowing. Nowadays, in a group conversation, I have to get people to re-run the joke so as not to be left out. :tantrum:

As you say, it does have its benefits... now and then.

It's a TOTAL pain in the arse.

You have to judge when to nod inanely, hoping that you've got the response right.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I can wiggle my ears incredibly fast

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yes and yes.

:)

I have a rather lame 20% deafness in my right ear. Some bones in it died, or something, and i can't pick up the higher-pitched notes of speech. In group situations i suffer from that same disjointed sense of listening. Group conversations where everyone is talking at once are impossible and i have to hope no one in them is actually talking to me and just saying things generally. Today at work this woman was talking toward my mild deafness about the jeremy-kyleness of some members of her family and how she struggles with their piggery and greed, whilst all i could really hear was a woman i have no time for to my left talking over her favourite scarf and how it had gone missing in a tapas bar at the weekend and that her boyfriend merely shrugged when she told him and maybe there's no much time left for the two of them. I didn't want to listen to the left woman, but couldn't ask her to quieten down in her chat with a friend or swap places with the right woman.
I am waffling. It's odd though, and quite tiring trying to piece the crumbs of things together.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
ummmm....I can't touch my toes without bending my knees....also...I'm right-handed for writing and cricket but left-handed for cutlery amd scalpels and left-footed for football.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can lick my elbow.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Occasionaly one of my pupils goes bigger than the other one, luckily it doesn't affect my eye-sight... yet.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i can get both fists up my bottom at once , my cousin Neville tried to put his fist in at the same time but ended up pushing me down the stairs,i rolled straight out the front door in front of about eleven children queuing at the mister whippy van.......no-one in the street will talk to me any more.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Are you sure?

:lol:

I find it strange how many people don't notice it. Very rarely has anyone commented on it, even my parents and brother took yonks to realise! I 'spose it means my eyes aren't much to look at :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here