Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quirky anatomical facts about yourself

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have a distorted sense of smell and think my farts are fragrant, yet they manage to clear the room if there are others in it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My right ear can't hold 'in ear' headphones.
It doesn't have anything to hook into.

Last edited:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I can have a wank whilst reading NSC.

And the girls say us blokes can't multi task.............

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My right eye can't hold 'in ear' headphones.
It doesn't have anything to hook into.

May I suggest not trying to put your earphones into your eye to start with?

My anatomical quirk is self inflicted - I have a prominent mark on the inside of my right leg, just above the knee, as a remnant of where I apparently used to chew my own leg as a child.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
May I suggest not trying to put your earphones into your eye to start with?

haha good point, best do some amending.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I can touch the end of my nose with my tongue.
I can touch the end of his nose with my tongue

I'm deaf in one ear.

What?
I'm also deaf on one side. Right for me, which side you deaf in? I discovered a while back when a friend of mine lost the hearing in her right ear that 2 people deaf in the same ear walking down the street make a kind of subconscious double-helix as they try to get on the correct side every few steps.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I do indeed have a superflous 3rd nipple.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I can touch the end of his nose with my tongue

I'm also deaf on one side. Right for me, which side you deaf in? I discovered a while back when a friend of mine lost the hearing in her right ear that 2 people deaf in the same ear walking down the street make a kind of subconscious double-helix as they try to get on the correct side every few steps.

Hahaha excellent. Right for me as well, since I was 8.

The whole 'manoeuvring for position so they don't get your deaf side' situation has become a fine art over the years.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
harsh dude. I was born with mine so I don't know what I'm missing. I've always thought I'm quite lucky in that respect; it's difficult to think of something as a hinderance when you've never known a better way anyway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having broken a few fingers, some of them now point sideways. When giving blood once the guy testing my blood for iron levels went to take a sample then pulled his hands away fearing he had hurt my fingers, thinking there was something wrong, before realising they naturally bent that way.

I can click my jaw, a lot. Sometimes it clicks while I eat.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I have a double jointed tongue.

Once someone stood on on my toe in a pair of stillettos and the toenail went black and fell off. A week later the corresponding toenail on the other foot fell off.

Occasionally I see something eg a picture of apples, or a photo of a man smoking a cigar and can physically smell it at the same time - to the extent that I turn round and wonder who's walked in with a basket of apples or smoking a cigar.

It's nothing spooky - just brain wiring.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you stone deaf in the one ear, Hiney and Dominoid?

I believe it is an afliction of Bill Clinton, so you are in good company. If you are using the phone, are you alien to everything else that is going on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here