Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions you always wanted answered

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
brightonfan_86 said:
When where Cricket Helmets introduced?

Graham Yallop became the first player to wear a helmet in a Test Match, in March 1978 against the West Indies at Bridgetown.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Cheeky Monkey said:
Why is the term 'a near miss' used for an accident that was narrowly avoided when it should surely be 'a near hit'?

Because it was near but it missed.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
s.stubbs said:
Why is orange jam called marmalade?

The rewason why it is called marmalade goes back to Mary Queen Of Scots. While she was living in France and married to a french man she became ill. Her husband decided to make her some orange conserve but called it Marmalade due to the fact that malade is french for "ill" I believe. It was orginally called Mary malade but was shortened to Marmalade.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
chez said:
The rewason why it is called marmalade goes back to Mary Queen Of Scots. While she was living in France and married to a french man she became ill. Her husband decided to make her some orange conserve but called it Marmalade due to the fact that malade is french for "ill" I believe. It was orginally called Mary malade but was shortened to Marmalade.

That's actually interesting and informative. Well done Chez, amazingly enough that is something I have wondered before.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Are your pubes always the same colour as your eyebrows?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
TrevorDove said:
Are your pubes always the same colour as your eyebrows?
Only if you're a contortionist

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How does the snow plough driver get to work ?

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
why, during the day, if you have all the windows shut and the central heating on does it make you feel drowzy.........but if you do it at night its always too hot to sleep?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here