Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions you always wanted answered

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Listening to SCR this afternoon I noticed they have a spot where you can ring up and ask a question that youve always wanted answered. They then get their listeners to ring up and answer the question. Well I thought it was a good idea and thought it might be interesting to try it on here. (Mind you, I'm probably gonna be wrong!)

First question.......Where does the expression "Eat your heart out" originate from? As in eat your heart out CKR when you score a great goal.

Last edited:

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Hope this helps:

Meaning: Intended to make one feel bitterness or pain as they long for something out of reach.

Origin: Heart is also defined as the central, core, or inner most part of an object (or person). To eat the heart out is to remove the core or most important part, a part that will surely be missed. The phrase is probably a shortened way of saying "This will eat your heart out".

Alternatively,

Adapted from the 16th century "eat one's own heart", meaning to suffer from silent grief or vexation. It also has roots in the Biblical phrase, "to eat one’s own flesh", used to describe an indolent person.

Last edited:

1066gull

Daily Mail do the same thing in there letters section.

No I am not a tranvestite, my Mum reads it and I do know it is very feminine. I prefer The Times or Daily Telegraph.....

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten, but hot dog buns only come in packages of just eight?

Jul 20, 2003
shaolinpunk said:
Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten, but hot dog buns only come in packages of just eight?

because veggie sausages come in sixes

it's a sneeky way of getting people to be nice to f***ing EVIL vegetarians in an attempt to make their buffets balance

I blame Linda McCartney

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
1066Seagull said:

No I am not a tranvestite, my Mum reads it and I do know it is very feminine. I prefer The Times or Daily Telegraph.....

The Daily Mail is for Transvestites? Learn something every day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1066Seagull said:

I will have to tread carefully with my boss. He is reading his at the moment. Or should I say her?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
No it's for fascists and morons. I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

I second that. Oh and where is it you can get these penis extension operations and how do they do it?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Cheers Barrel. I can't wait to get that extra inch to make it 12".

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
shaolinpunk said:

I thought it was 6 and 8 mate. Or it is in father of the Bride anyway as Steve Martin gets banged up for that very argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here