Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for you Brighton fans

If Brighton are promoted to the Championship do you want Palace to be relegated?

• Yes I still want them relegated

Votes: 149 51.9%
  • No it would be good to play them next season

Votes: 138 48.1%

• Total voters

Feb 14, 2010
Yes but how many awayfans at these games????
You been to the withdean?:laugh:

Of course he has not been to withdean, he supports palace, now what were the excuses again...something like there were leaves on the railway line, or rail works or maybe they had just had no bottle

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We're bottom and still have 10 thousand season ticket holders. Our last attendances were 15 and 16 thousand. Millwall was more like 19 thousand but that's to be expected. Palace fans have fallen off the radar - you are right there. There was a time when we got 40-50 thousand- demonstrating our potential. If we do well we will get 20k plus, whereas if you do well - well what are you getting now? This is about as good as it gets for you.

And 7000 of those tickets are free entrance this year, that is why you cannot buy players to get you out of the mess you are in.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
And what will you average if you are relegated?
Depends how we are doing.If we were where you are I think 15000.People go to watch winning teams no matter what division.(apart from you lot)
Mid table about 12000 as we always sell around 9000 season tickets before january when the prices go up.

Yes but how many awayfans at these games????
You been to the withdean?:laugh:

Its old news as we've had 30k+ many times so whats your point?:p
If anything you sound a bitter old fool who is now becoming jealous of us,we move into a superb stadium and don't even need an average crowd to break even like many clubs.

Our finances will be second to none in the championship or league 1:p

Perhaps you can be a new Man City?:thumbsup:

My point is we will always have more fans than you.
You sound like you're not too sure about the Championship.
I'm not that old by the way and not that bitter, I'm having a great time on your forum. Thanks.:clap2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Depends how we are doing.If we were where you are I think 15000.People go to watch winning teams no matter what division.(apart from you lot)
Mid table about 12000 as we always sell around 9000 season tickets before january when the prices go up.
You actually think you would get 12k at the withdean as a mid-table team in league 1:laugh::laugh:
You get 13k for some games now in the championship in a far superior stadium.
HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Perhaps you can be a new Man City?:thumbsup:

My point is we will always have more fans than you.
You sound like you're not too sure about the Championship.
I'm not that old by the way and not that bitter, I'm having a great time on your forum. Thanks.:clap2:
Considering this is one of the busiest forums around im sure you are:wink:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So you would rather the owners had not honoured the tickets sold by Jordan.
Good owners who will get it right.

No I think you have good sensible owners now, but I think the palace fans will have to lower their expectations of future success and this will have a great effect on future gates.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Anyway enough of this question and answer session.It's been nice and to the sensible fans enjoy your new stadium .especially those of you who go to games at the withdean.:wave:
I only came on here as our board is infested by some of your simpletons so it seemed only right i should come on here:lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

You're deluded!

So you think you'd only lose about 4000 of your gate if you were mid table league one side? The likes of Yeovil and Rochdale etc wont bring more than a couple of hundred. If you were a mid table league one side you wouldn't muster 9000+ season ticket holders on the back of a relegation, you'd be lucky to get 12000 for 3 or 4 games.

Don't forget, when you get relegated you will lose your better players.... Davids *snigger*

Feb 14, 2010
Anyway enough of this question and answer session.It's been nice and to the sensible fans enjoy your new stadium .especially those of you who go to games at the withdean.:wave:
I only came on here as our board is infested by some of your simpletons so it seemed only right i should come on here:lolol:

hope to see you at Falmer one day, rail works allowing of course - you might get us in the cup

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep they had a fair few bad years
1986 5 2 27 att 6787
1985 15 2 37 att 6446

Have we ever had crowds that small for 2nd tier football bar withdean????

Our lowest ever 2nd tier average was 7991 :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If we do well we will get 20k plus, whereas if you do well - well what are you getting now? This is about as good as it gets for you.

Strange. 2007/8 you finished 5th in the Championship and qualified for the playoffs. You averaged 16,000. Is that not doing well on the itch?

You have only averaged over 20,000 twice in the past 30 seasons.

Feb 14, 2010
I remember that. I also remember 2-3000 Brighton gates not that long ago. Our average then was more like 8000-9000, very poor for us. Seemingly, good attendances for you.

Brighton have never got 2000 crowds. jog on, and learn how to buy a train ticket

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I remember that. I also remember 2-3000 Brighton gates not that long ago. Our average then was more like 8000-9000, very poor for us. Seemingly, good attendances for you.
Yeah for a 4th division season sharing at gillingham's ground in which is a 150 mile round trip.:p
Two years at gillingham and at the foot of the football league
Yes small and for obvious reasons:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here