Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question about supporting Fans United ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If say in 12 months time MK Dons were having the same sort of problems as Plymouth and their supporters asked for the assistance we are giving to Plymouth would all the people organising this green stuff and travel to Home Park be equally willing to do it for MK Dons ?

Think you know the answer to that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Good question Ernest

in my view, no i couldn't see myself having sympathy or supporting MK Dons if they were in that situation. Fans Utd is about standing up against the corporate asset stripping or poor governance of football clubs and protecting them for their local communities.

It is precisely because MK Dons actively sought to take a football club away from its core base and driven by a type of corporate greed that I couldnt do it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don't know which is why I'm asking

There wouldn't be many football supporters nationwide who would be sympathetic to their cause should they fall on hard times. I for one would not at all be bothered in the least if MK Dons folded. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would LOVE for MK Dons to go out of business, then reform at the level they should rightly have started at in the first place. :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'd go further than that. I'd like to seem them replaced by Wimbledon.

who no bugger goes and watches anyway...which is why they got to the situation in the first place

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What Hans said, that would be justice.

Fans united for 'MK Dons' would be like going on strike in support of scabs.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
professional club handed on a plate to a town who didnt even appear to have a competitive non-league outfit - who've now accumulated approx 10 years history as MK Dons

v

Genuine football club with 125 years history of climbing and falling through the football pyramid, supported by local residents along the way.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
who no bugger goes and watches anyway...which is why they got to the situation in the first place

So, that's a good reason to take the football club away from those fans, and plant their league position in a locality 100 miles away, is it?

xLostprophet

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Having been there on away games, I'd find it ironic to even call it "fans united". From what I've seen MK Dons never have f**k all support in that building site of a stadium anyway!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not yet, no. Nor can I imagine too many Milton Keynes fans getting that upset about it if they do get into trouble and go bust, there would be a reason for it and its not like they tried that hard to save Wolverton or Bletchley when those MK based clubs went bust in the not too distant past.

But perhaps one day, when I'm 85, and MK have properly become part of the football fabric. They're not claiming to be Wimbledon any more; all the trophies and honours have been handed back to the London Borough of Merton (which still can't find a home for Wimbledon); they've got supporters associations and a community football scheme that's one of the best. Small change perhaps, but a start.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So, that's a good reason to take the football club away from those fans, and plant their league position in a locality 100 miles away, is it?

yup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here