Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question about supporting Fans United ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm sure you could have easily found plenty of people to say the same thing about Brighton in the 90s.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sure you could have easily found plenty of people to say the same thing about Brighton in the 90s.

....and they did. the difference being we fought a very strong campaign and didn't give up hope

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
....and they did. the difference being we fought a very strong campaign and didn't give up hope
and were lucky enough to have a consortium of relative wealth there to save us (and that Hereford couldn't shoot).

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Like it or not, MK Dons does now have a new fan base: and Wimbledon has a new team. If Fans United is about supporting fans, why not support the fans of MK Dons? The tribulations of the past is not their fault, and as far as they're concerned, MK Dons is their team. By supporting their fans you wouldn't necessarily be supporting the club's management structure, far from it.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Fans United happens in part because supporters want to prevent things happening like the destruction of Wimbledon and the theft of their league place, and subsequent franchising. So no, I'd never join any such movement for Milton Keynes. Clear enough, Ernest?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Their average gates were 17,000 just one season before the move was finally confirmed. That's about 5,000 more than Huddersfield Town right now.

If Huddersfield ever find themselves in the shit financially, it's good to know you won't be bothering us on NSC with your on-line begging bucket. :thumbsup:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Like it or not, MK Dons does now have a new fan base: and Wimbledon has a new team. If Fans United is about supporting fans, why not support the fans of MK Dons? The tribulations of the past is not their fault, and as far as they're concerned, MK Dons is their team. By supporting their fans you wouldn't necessarily be supporting the club's management structure, far from it.

I agree - It's not the new fans fault. How could i not support the plight of a young football fan, say 12 years old, who would be facing the prospect the team that he has supported since has was a nipper going out of business?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
MK Dons is one mans punt at making a name and fortune for himself

V

Plymouth which is a football club which has been in the very fabric of the community.

I have nothing against MK Dons fans they just want to watch some football but they way the club was set up, nah dont want anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
MAYBE it should be HYPOCRITES United and not FANS United ? I thought we were ALL football supporters no MATTER what team we supported which is the AIM of Fans UNITED but is OBVIOUSLY not the CASE.

So REALLY this Fans United for Plymouth is just ANOTHER right on TRENDY thing to DO ? Hope it FALLS flat on its ARSE now

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
MAYBE it should be HYPOCRITES United and not FANS United ? I thought we were ALL football supporters no MATTER what team we supported which is the AIM of Fans UNITED but is OBVIOUSLY not the CASE.

So REALLY this Fans United for Plymouth is just ANOTHER right on TRENDY thing to DO ? Hope it FALLS flat on its ARSE now

Ernest - can I ask a few questions? I'd like an honest answer.

What's with the shit-stirring with the Fans Re-United? Are you bored and fancy rattling a few cages?

You're dreaming up hypothetical situations and using the responses of about a dozen people as justification to get all hot and bothered about it. If this Fans Re-United isn't your bag then fine. Just let it go and do whatever it is that you do. Your snidey little swipes from the sidelines ain't going to stop this campaign.

Tell you what let's make a pact shall we? You stop worrying about the entirely fictitious premise of MK Dons being in financial trouble and in return I won't sleep with your fictitious girlfriend. Deal?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
These are our views we are entitled to them, shame you feel that you would like to see it fall on its arse. BY the WAY nice USE of CAPITALS for EXTRA effect

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

what has always surprised me is that you must clearly have an element of intellect to create and maintain this persona of being a complete and uttet twat and it is obviously hard work because you slip in and out of your WUM character from time to time (but admittedly not often). In this case you have created a thread predicated on deliberately aggravating people who are acting in line with their belief set to actually do some good for others - people with whom I suspect you might secretly agree, and you have maintained an act of wide-eyed innocence for all of a page and a half before it became too much for you and you had to jump in with the usual somewhat predictable and uniformly dull drivel - for heaven's sake you even had to be reminded to drop in the odd word in capitals (not up to your usual standard though).

How can I put this kindly Ernest? You are slipping! Just not up to the old standards.
Maybe it's time for you to find a new, less tired and tiresome, persona. This one has after all been going on for a long time and what humour and originality it ever possessed has, I'm afraid, long gone.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
who no bugger goes and watches anyway...which is why they got to the situation in the first place

Not sure what your point is but their home crowds this season have averaged 4,424 which is 94% of their capacity and puts them 10th in the division and would have them 16th in League One. Granted that's not amazing, but its respectable for the level they're at. I don't think 7k attendances really justifies MK being in the league, you gotta earn that right.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
who no bugger goes and watches anyway...which is why they got to the situation in the first place

Their support should have had nothing whatsoever to do with their re-location. If they were no more than a league 2 club or even a Southern League outfit then that`s where they would have eventually ended up back at.
Not in Milton Keynes ffs.
Some clubs can be propped up for a while by a rich benefactor but eventually they drop back and that is no reason to move them to try and keep the attendances up.
Wigan might re-locate soon then.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest - can I ask a few questions? I'd like an honest answer.

What's with the shit-stirring with the Fans Re-United? Are you bored and fancy rattling a few cages?

You're dreaming up hypothetical situations and using the responses of about a dozen people as justification to get all hot and bothered about it. If this Fans Re-United isn't your bag then fine. Just let it go and do whatever it is that you do. Your snidey little swipes from the sidelines ain't going to stop this campaign.

Tell you what let's make a pact shall we? You stop worrying about the entirely fictitious premise of MK Dons being in financial trouble and in return I won't sleep with your fictitious girlfriend. Deal?

Can I ask you a question as well ? Exactly how many people attended your meeting the other night, 50 ? 100 ? 100+ ? I just am sceptical over all this nonsense about helping Plymouth fans when they have hardly done much themselves to assist the cause. Our Fans United was a culmination of a 2 year campaign we waged ourselves against the board, the FA and anyone else in the way. Fans United on it's own meant nothing, it didn't win the war and was just a small cog in the wheel.

Sorry if you weren't there in the 90's and so only look through rose tinted specs about it but until I read about pitch invasions at Home Park, walkouts, boycotts, going round the chairmans house and demonstrating, we even had guys sent to the prison in the war and all I see now is a bunch of couldn't care less bumpkins with no fight in them and a few self publicists on here trying to get on the TV etc.

Hope you don't mind my honesty and sorry about the lack of capitals.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can I ask you a question as well ? Exactly how many people attended your meeting the other night, 50 ? 100 ? 100+ ? I just am sceptical over all this nonsense about helping Plymouth fans when they have hardly done much themselves to assist the cause. Our Fans United was a culmination of a 2 year campaign we waged ourselves against the board, the FA and anyone else in the way. Fans United on it's own meant nothing, it didn't win the war and was just a small cog in the wheel.

Sorry if you weren't there in the 90's and so only look through rose tinted specs about it but until I read about pitch invasions at Home Park, walkouts, boycotts, going round the chairmans house and demonstrating, we even had guys sent to the prison in the war and all I see now is a bunch of couldn't care less bumpkins with no fight in them and a few self publicists on here trying to get on the TV etc.

I don't mind your honesty one bit. I welcome it. You know what they say about treasuring rare things.

I was there in the 90s as well as you and remember it very well. It's why I'm choosing to help because up until Fans United I honestly didn't think anyone else cared about Brighton's troubles.

Self-publicising? I can assure you, the only time I would ever want my name in the papers is when Mila Jovovich sells her story about how much of a beast I am in bed. Until then I really have no interest in being famous. We've got over 400 people saying they will attend on Facebook and 1400 followers on twitter. And that's in the space of a few days. Time will tell if this falls on its arse. If it does then what have we lost?

There are Argyle fans struggling to get their voices heard. Argyle staff - playing and non-playing haven't been paid in months and there's very good and committed people down in Plymouth doing everything they can to save their club. If this Fans Re-United and Go Green Campaign can help raise the rest of the town from their apathy then it can only be a good thing. However, I really don't know if this campaign is too little, too late but in a few year's time I can say that I tried to do my bit to repay the kindness shown by other fans all those years back. What will you have? A vague memory of a few sarcastic comments on an internet messageboard that gave you a semi.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
A war you call it, Ernest? A war during the latter stages of which, once we'd at least wrested control of the club back and got them to Brighton, while we were fighting for planning permission for our stadium you persisted with your PIPE DREAM/DICK TIGHT/insert tired joke in capitals here persona and seemed not the slightest bit interested in, at least not publicly.

So don't go highlighting the difference between our plight and Plymouth's when you spent much of the time affecting not to give a shit in the first place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really don't know if this campaign is too little, too late but in a few year's time I can say that I tried to do my bit to repay the kindness shown by other fans all those years back. What will you have? A vague memory of a few sarcastic comments on an internet messageboard that gave you a semi.

Bravo :clap:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

I don't disagree with you that our campaign was probably the most hard fought and bitterly won by any group of football supporters I can think of - Charlton probably compares.

And I also think that by comparison, Plymouth fans do appear to be stuggling.

But I still believe there is value in using our historical context and television appearance to help where we can.

It is definitely for Argyle to take the reigns and run with it afterwards though - I currently think they have much to do on this front, especially uniting behind a single banner.

I do however feel part of my protest is this.... 15 years on and this is proof that important community clubs are still being failed by the authorities who are supposed to protect our national game. When will the FA start to govern in a more effective way?

I was there (often at the frontline, or when banned often incognito!) during the war years but will never forget the hope that little victories gave to me and others - like Rochdale fans singing Archer Out and protecting me from arrest, after an appalingly bad attempt at getting to Bellotti from the away end. If I can give something back, then I choose to do what I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here