Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quadrophenia (1979) - ITV1 - 11.30pm

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The life of a rebellious teenager in Sixties London is changed for ever after he and his fellow mods clash with rockers on Brighton beach. Drama, starring Phil Daniels, Leslie Ash, Sting, Toyah Willcox, Mark Wingett, Michael Elphick and Ray Winstone.

:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superb film, one of a few rare ones filmed in our home town.

Others include Brighton Rock, Mona Lisa and some scary trashy horror film with Pamela Stephenson I think.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Cracking film, was going to have an early night, but now....

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Fans of The Who might like to know that they are the turn on the half time show at this year's Superbowl. Which is also on TV late on a Sunday night.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I've still never seen this so I reckon tonight is the night.

A second outing for Phil Daniels this evening too

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
another great film, shawshank has been on lately aswell

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
never seen it before..... but just saw Ray Winstone's knob.... followed by Phil Daniels..... someone could have warned me!!! :rant:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
A very dated film. It was a load of wank the first time around and you would all think the same if it wasn't filmed in Brighton

Personally I would not care where it was filmed, for many of us on here, around the mid 40s to mid 50s age group, it is an era of what we all remember, enhanced a bit for film purposes I grant you, but thats what film makers do.

Brilliant film and brilliant music in my opinion.

Dandyman

In London village.
Tends to make me laugh. It's NOT a "Mod Film" - The French made those - it's full of howlers from "My Generation" getting played a year before it was released and the film on release at the Brighton cinema, asks us to believe in Sting as the "Ace Face" and fails to make the point that no proper Modernist would do anything so vulgar as ruin his clothes by fighting with some greasy Rocker oik.

Apart from that, I quite like it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Tends to make me laugh. It's NOT a "Mod Film" - The French made those - it's full of howlers from "My Generation" getting played a year before it was released and the film on release at the Brighton cinema, asks us to believe in Sting as the "Ace Face" and fails to make the point that no proper Modernist would do anything so vulgar as ruin his clothes by fighting with some greasy Rocker oik.

Apart from that, I quite like it.

I might be missing something here ? but the single "My Generation" was released in 1965 and the film "Quadrophenia" was released in 1979, the single was re-released a few times after that, but it was most definatly released well prior to the film coming out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here