Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quadrophenia (1979) - ITV1 - 11.30pm

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was the first time I saw it last night. At the end with all the cliffs, is that beachy head or is that actually in brighton?

Definitely Beachy Head. First time I have managed to watch the whole thing through.

Thoroughly enjoyable! Leslie Ash :love:

Edit: Just found this - Film locations for Quadrophenia

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unlikely to be for a while now. Usually they show the premiere and then repeat it a week or so later for those that missed it. They don't stick on ona third time for a while and if they did, it would be on Sky movies.

I think your sarcasometer is on the blink squire.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What do you mean?

Well, I could be wrong. But I thought Mr Drawers remark...

On the subject of fillums can anybody advise when Slumdog Millionaire is next aired on Channel 4:wink: Ive missed it twice now in just over a week...:shrug:

...was possibly alluding to the fact that Channel 4 are somewhat doing this film to DEATH in airing it twice in a week. I mean I know Sky Movies do this all the time obviously, but they are dedicated movie channels. For a terrestrial channel to show the same flick a couple of times in a week (not to mention C4 +1) does strike of overkilll somewhat.

Especially as its not even that good anyway.

SeagullSi

Jan 10, 2010

...was possibly alluding to the fact that Channel 4 are somewhat doing this film to DEATH in airing it twice in a week. I mean I know Sky Movies do this all the time obviously, but they are dedicated movie channels. For a terrestrial channel to show the same flick a couple of times in a week (not to mention C4 +1) does strike of overkilll somewhat.

Im a bit slow so you may be right :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

At weekends, the rival tribes fled south from London to the Coast Mods on their scooters, Rockers on motorbikes. In the faded seaside town of Brighton, the rival gangs congregate by the Palace Pier, in front of the now-closed Heart and Hand – then one of Brighton’s most famous gay bars.

???

Was there another pub called the Heart & Hand, in addition to the one in North Road?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
At weekends, the rival tribes fled south from London to the Coast Mods on their scooters, Rockers on motorbikes. In the faded seaside town of Brighton, the rival gangs congregate by the Palace Pier, in front of the now-closed Heart and Hand – then one of Brighton’s most famous gay bars.

???

Was there another pub called the Heart & Hand, in addition to the one in North Road?

I'm almost sure there was a Heart in Hand either in east street (seafront end) or very near it.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Oh dear, another correction required. This film was BRILLIANT. Normally I expect films that have been praised top the skies to be overrated, but this wasn't.

It did help (a) that I like watching any film involving railways

and (b) I could get some - if not all - of the questions myself. But to play "Who Wants" without any guaranteed winnings, by not having mid-breaks? That's tough.

By the way how many rupees to a £ now?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

???

The heart in hand in the film was called 'the new heart and hand' and i think it is now varisty, which before that was the prodigal, before that i dont know, maybe someone else can help you out from there. the other heart and hand is in kemp town.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

???

wasn't there a hand in hand? near east street bottom of? isn't it the prodigal?
and it was never a gay bar was it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh dear, another correction required. This film was BRILLIANT. Normally I expect films that have been praised top the skies to be overrated, but this wasn't.

Well, its not a correction, its an opinion.
I thought Slumdog was ok, but it was a long way short of warranting the cries of 'genius' that heralded it at the time. I was quite underwhelmed.

But anyway, thats for another thread.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The heart in hand in the film was called 'the new heart and hand' and i think it is now varisty, which before that was the prodigal, before that i dont know, maybe someone else can help you out from there. the other heart and hand is in kemp town.

I know the place you mean. It seemed to be a café bar they smashed up, rather than 'pub' bar.

I think the one in Kemp Town is the Hand In Hand.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I know the place you mean. It seemed to be a café bar they smashed up, rather than 'pub' bar.

I think the one in Kemp Town is the Hand In Hand.

Most probabaly right about the Hand in Hand, the cafe they smashed up is now the pitcher and Piano isnt it?:shrug:

D

Deleted User X18H

The vast majority of the main actors in that film (mostly unknowns, and most were teenagers and early 20s at the time) went on to have (relatively) successful acting careers after that.

At least three of them went on to feature in director Franc Roddam's next project - Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Timothy Spall, Michael Elphick and......??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here