Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Stewards Are Clueless Scum...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Day started off well, a couple of jars in The Springbok with the usual crowd before moving onto the ground where we went in the lower tier for the first 20 minutes although in an isle as our allocated seats were gone...

After 20 minutes we were asked by stewards to move up to the top tier which we did with no fuss after a grumble or two... On the way up to the top tier we were havin a sing song then all of a sudden Rougvie was pulled over by some stewards for a chat...

Someone had made a racial comment towards a steward and he was the accused according to the stewards, however it wasn't him that had said it and that is 100% certain, it was a case of mistaken identity, Hampshire Seagull & Artois actually saw the person who did make the comment but the stewards were not gonna budge, even a policeman was pleading with the stewards saying you've got the wrong man and still they wouldn't listen...

In the end Rougvie was ejected from the ground for doing absolutely nothing wrong and myself, Artois & Hampshire Seagull almost followed him for trying to tell the stewards they got the wrong man, infact one steward literally told us to f*** off...

What an absolute bunch of clueless twats!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It was fecking chaos up there.

And while I know that being stuck in a tea queue that looked like lasting until our next visit on 17 January is hardly in the same category of grief as Rougvie suffered, it's more evidence of the shambolic organisation.

When asked why it was impossible to serve a lower tier stand full of people with something as simple as hot drinks, a bolshy Met copper said "you people didn't tell them how many were coming". Like it was a dinner party rather than a footy match where tickets were available on the gate!

Despite our failure to send a proper RSVP, this didn't seem to have affected the plentiful supply of coppers and stewards provided, mind...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There certainly wasn't enough food for a hungry lunch-time contingent.

"Can I have a cornish pastie?" I ask, really desiring the cheeseburger that isn't even on the menu!

"No, we've run out," says the attendant "we've only got beef & onion or balti pies."

"I'll have a beef & onion pie then." I reply, appreciating that'll be able to get a decent 1/2 pound cheeseburger and cup of tea at Withdean on Friday.

:glare:

Last edited:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I remember the Gold Range stewards at the Goldstone, ( I think Bellotti brought them in to supplement our regular ones.) They were dreadful, totally without understanding of the situation we were in at the time, whereas our own, being lmostly local, were, in the main, fairly reasonable. I asked one of the stewards at QPR where I could get a programme - he retorted gruffly "No, have you got a ticket?" I felt like replying: "Of course I have, or I wouldn't be in here would I? "Fortunately I found a more civil one further on, who pointed me in the right direction! The police outside the ground, were, we found, quite amiable and pleasant.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Part of the problem was that so many people came into the ground late on (presumably staying i the pubs for as long as they could). We were there earlier and had no problem being served. When so many people pile in at once it is no wonder that there will be a long queue for refreshments. As it was not all ticket no-one would have known how many would travel and I don't suppose they expected so many away suppporters for an LDV match. Hardly their fault.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
they should really be able to cope, if they had given it pay on the day. to say that it wasnt their fault isnt strictly true.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
ben andrews girlfriend said:
they should really be able to cope, if they had given it pay on the day. to say that it wasnt their fault isnt strictly true.

We've often had this problem before at other grounds. They generally said they hadn't expected so many to travel, even though we regularly took large away support.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
After our game at Loftus Road last year, QPR officials told the after-match press conference that one of their stewards had been taken to hospital having been stabbed by a Cardiff fan inside the ground. It was front page news here.

The following day, QPR issued a statement confirming that nobody had been stabbed at all. What had actually happened was that one of their catering staff had been taken to hospital after cutting his own stomach whilst preparing food in one of their kitchens!

That's how organised QPR are......

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Fran Hagarty said:
We've often had this problem before at other grounds. They generally said they hadn't expected so many to travel, even though we regularly took large away support.

That excuse is wearing a bit thin though, given that we've regularly been taking large crowds to away games for the last several seasons. It doesn't take a lot of brainpower to work out that the nearer to Brighton your ground is the more likely a couple of thousand Brighton fans turning up is!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
One thing we know about Rougvie on NSC is that he is not a racist. And the witnesses can be trusted.

I hope nothing more is made of this ridiculous incident.
It was mentioned by a steward that he'll get banned for life for something he didn't do, thats fair isn't it?

There are plenty of witnesses tho including a policeman (Rougvie has his number) that have said he's the wrong man so i'm sure it will all be ok, i should bloody hope so...

:censored:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Surely a copper's word carries more wait than some monkey in an orange bib?

Well, if the boot was on the other foot I bet it would!

As for catering, it was the half-time chaos that I was referring to. By half time they'd ought to have got a sneaky suspicion that the numbers were a little on the under-estimated side.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
just got home. disgraceful treatment by the stewards today. HOW they can mistake rougvie (bald head black fleece) for the person who made the comments (bright green and orange hawaiian shirt and shorts) is absolutely ludicrous.

every thing else seems rather minor compared to his shocking treatment but the no food, being herded all over the shop and general rudeness of the entire steward staff do spring to mind..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw that bloke in hawaiian kit - what was actually said ?

Or the gist if too offensive for the net.

As for Rougvie being thrown out, why didn't the policemen pull rank for goodness sake.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
We got into the ground about 12:30, asked one of the stewards (oriental chap) is it sit where you like or sit in your allocated seat? He looks at me with a blank expression. Again, i said, since its pay on the day is it sit where you like or in your allocated seat. The answer, Yes............ Gave up and found our seats anyway.

Must say the police outside the ground were very good.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Grizz said:
We got into the ground about 12:30, asked one of the stewards (oriental chap) is it sit where you like or sit in your allocated seat? He looks at me with a blank expression. Again, i said, since its pay on the day is it sit where you like or in your allocated seat. The answer, Yes............ Gave up and found our seats anyway.

Must say the police outside the ground were very good.

Same thing here with the oriental chap as we were in the ground at opening time of the gates. We filed along a row and the woman leading our group had trouble getting through to the steward when asking if we could sit where we liked. I was thinking perhaps it was her South African accent that threw him, but I doubt it.

Funnily enough, despite being in the front row I saw no aggravation at all with any stewards.

On the subject of the police they seemed ok and outside when asking a police-horse if our driver was a wanker it nodded it's head rather furiously. Must have been a clever horse. Also there was one rather cute looking dark haired WPC at the game today. I clocked her on the way out and she appeared to be giving me the eye...You cannot blame her, she was not made of wood and her eyes aren't painted on. After passing her we waited close to the exit into the road as one of our party was having a piss, she then walked pass and again stared at me with her cute smile. Can't wait to go back for the league game.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here