Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR - Points Deduction

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Murray won't be going there then!

But why the he'll haven't they sorted this out by now. Another FA farce.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
While QPR are absolutely guilty and deserve a hefty punishement Im not sure the current manager and players hsould be the ones to be punished.

I would rather a massive fine on the club (say 8 or 9 million) and /or a transfer ban for a year which, although it will safeguard promotion would almost certainly send them straight back down.

However, this news is breaking in the Sun so there is probably just as much chance QPR being rewarded as there is theyll be punished.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BOLLOCKS don't do it

I really,really , REALLY don't want to go to Loftus Pissing Road next season :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is absurd and a complete farce. If they committed an offense why wasnt it dealt with some time ago why wait until they know how many points to deduct to make sure they dont get automatic promotion. If they take enough points they could make sure they miss out on the play offs and even more absurd take enough so they get relegated.

While QPR are absolutely guilty and deserve a hefty punishement Im not sure the current manager and players hsould be the ones to be punished.

I would rather a massive fine on the club (say 8 or 9 million) and /or a transfer ban for a year which, although it will safeguard promotion would almost certainly send them straight back down.

However, this news is breaking in the Sun so there is probably just as much chance QPR being rewarded as there is theyll be punished.

Maybe it's got a little something to do with their manager, he's been pretty outspoken and may have stepped on toes enough in the past - going back to Sheffield United days, and when palace were amusingly denied goals. Bwaaahahaha! ....sorry, couldn't help laughing again to remember that :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They will never deduct points from them, Tevez and Mascharano got West Ham a fine and a telling off they won't be taking points off them as they would appeal and it would get very messy about who is ment to be playing in the playoffs

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They will never deduct points from them, Tevez and Mascharano got West Ham a fine and a telling off they won't be taking points off them as they would appeal and it would get very messy about who is ment to be playing in the playoffs

Its a new rule since then.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Rather than strip them of promotion, why don't they just make them start the season in the Premiership with minus points?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

The Sun , despite newspaper snobbery from some, does have among the best football news.A lot of the "quality" papers sports journalists have worked at The Sun sometime during their careers. I wouldnt put money on it being too far from the truth.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Wouldn't Norwich be more likely to look for better players than Bennett if they are promoted.

If he goes he goes thats football, we have to have a good enough squad to win without Bennet and Murray. They`re good but should not be indespensible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I agree legal action will obviously follow as their owners have the money to do this and as such the play offs and possibly even preparation for next season could be put on hold. I would expect their owners to get an injuction stopping the FL from promoting any team and in affect staging the play offs until a court case appeal has been heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here