Kings Head : Cuckfield,

The Albion : in Lygon street Melbourne.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember the liverpool arms, had a friend in HH and we would meet in there.

As your on the train at HH is the Derelict building to the right the Liverpool arms or has age clouded my memory.

cheapest pub in the heath run by old Jim. inn coope i think. :clap2: other side of the station was the Hayworth hotel that gone , however the one i miss the most was the north Star Ditchling always had good ales and guest beers.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
maytree portslade shoreham rd

Me too.This pub rocked.Worked there when Scriney owned it.Had a bottle and jug,saloon,private and public bar.I was made to take proper toilet rolls out of the public bar bogs because,according to the landlord,his customers stole them.The bar billiards table was a killer,what with the odd angles built into it and all.And you could come out of the pub and go straight to the chippy,Sadlers,I believe.

Point of order; the pub was in West Hove,a good 300 yards from Portslade.

Sad to see the horrid little houses built on a site where three generations of wombats went to drink.

D

Deleted User X18H

Me too.This pub rocked.Worked there when Scriney owned it.Had a bottle and jug,saloon,private and public bar.I was made to take proper toilet rolls out of the public bar bogs because,according to the landlord,his customers stole them.The bar billiards table was a killer,what with the odd angles built into it and all.And you could come out of the pub and go straight to the chippy,Sadlers,I believe.

Point of order; the pub was in West Hove,a good 300 yards from Portslade.

Sad to see the horrid little houses built on a site where three generations of wombats went to drink.

Bottom of the Knoll Estate end of opposite Stapley Road .

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
All of them, they don't really do pubs here, they are so far away and few in number.Beer belly has gone now! shouldn't complain but miss the atmosphere of a good old british boozer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What I remember about the Windsor is that they used to have the dart board next to the door for the gents. Very easy to catch a stray arrer on the way back out.

:lolol:
That's true - I remember that now.

The thing about The Windsor that sticks in my mind was that it had The Velvet Underground on the jukebox. Must have been one of the only pubs in Britain to claim that.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Just remebered The Belvedere - First pub i ever got a drink in.

Back then as a 15 y/old who was working next door in the 'Miami Dolphins' chippie (between it and the Fortune Of War) it seemed a proper hard rockers boozer; quite different to what it became in many guises afterwards.

At least as the Shark Bar, it got in The Sun as the bar having served most pints in one (Bank Holiday) day.
Couldn't even say what it's called now..(?)

:lolol:
That's true - I remember that now.

The thing about The Windsor that sticks in my mind was that it had The Velvet Underground on the jukebox. Must have been one of the only pubs in Britain to claim that.

How long ago was this ? A good girl-friend used to work the bar there - 'Hicky' Around early/mid nineties. Tall, thin & blonde.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
all of them in Shoreham over the past 16 years, some shit some great, all sadly missed at the annual "Shoreham Pub Crawl" day during the Xmas period.

Have done the xmas pub crawl quite a number of times, including the minutes silence by the site of the old Kings Head.

I do remember the Kings head, from passing by it every friday night on my way to the scouts, but I don't think I ever drank in there (maybe once). In my mind it was a dark, smokey place, a bit like an old Dickensian Inn, but my memory has probably been modified over the years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How long ago was this ? A good girl-friend used to work the bar there - 'Hicky' Around early/mid nineties. Tall, thin & blonde.

Oh, this would have been 1977,78, 79ish. Used to drink in the place a fair bit then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here