Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Mr Blobby said:
I think we saved "The Quadrant" in Manchester on Saturday. Various quantities of ale, but mainly cider where downed to save the pub so as to not have to go back to Manchetser for an England game for a while! 5 people from Sussex downing drinks as if the place was in serious danger of not being saved!

Its a great pub, tucked out the way, but only a 20 minute walk to Old Trafford. Didnt wait longer than 2 minutes to be served all day. Great stuff.

Ps Note to self - take sun cream and not a rain coat next time I go to Manchester!

Where is the Quadrant?

I did my bit for foreign aid over the weekend and managed to save several drinking establishments in Belgium. My trusty weapon of choice was this delightful little filly:

Attachments

• kwak.jpg
    kwak.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 110

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Read his post again....

Ok Mr Pedant, where is the Quadrant specifically based in the area that is know as Manchester?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I did my bit for foreign aid over the weekend and managed to save several drinking establishments in Belgium. My trusty weapon of choice was this delightful little filly:

That's Kwak eh? A bugger to pour, I used to serve it when I worked in the Greys.

''Easy, easy, easy, oh BALLS''.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That's Kwak eh? A bugger to pour, I used to serve it when I worked in the Greys.

''Easy, easy, easy, oh BALLS''.

It is indeed. And a bugger to drink after you've had 5 or 6. I think it's about 8%. Trying to finish the last bit (I was drinking out of the larger ones, half litre I think) can be very tricky indeed. I have of course ordered 2 of those practical glasses on the internet this morning. :)

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
42-15200896.jpg

On the subject of foreign brews, a number of us are hope to enjoy some nice creamy heads from the likes of the young fraulein above, later this month.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I will be mostly saving the Pav Tav tonight. Considering they only demand £1.65 for a pint of Fosters it looks like it could be a long old salvage session.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Les Biehn said:
Ok Mr Pedant, where is the Quadrant specifically based in the area that is know as Manchester?

If you walk down Great Stone Road past Old Trafford cricket ground (opposite side of the ground to the Tram stop), go past B&Q, the road goes up over the Tram line and the Quadrant is on the left hand side as you reach the roundabout. There is a chip shop either side as well in case you need some food to soak up your beer!

Its part of the John Barras pub chain, and I think its probably classified as being in Stretford.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Blobby said:
If you walk down Great Stone Road past Old Trafford cricket ground (opposite side of the ground to the Tram stop), go past B&Q, the road goes up over the Tram line and the Quadrant is on the left hand side as you reach the roundabout. There is a chip shop either side as well in case you need some food to soak up your beer!

Its part of the John Barras pub chain, and I think its probably classified as being in Stretford.

Yeah but where EXACTLY is it?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
20 minutes from Old Trafford!!!!

Salford?

Do not ask me, I never get beyond Sinclairs Oyster Bar near Manchester Victoria station.

:clap: :clap: Sinclairs is the don:clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
It is dirt cheap and if you get sick of Sam Smiths you can always stumble into the Wellington.

Ingabrau Pils is the blizow!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Dandyman said:
In addition to the above the Elephant & Castle in Lewes was also saved late(r) in the evening. Sadly, our attempts to save the Brewers Arms was rebuffed by the bar staff on the ludicrous grounds of our alleged intoxication.

This is very true. It was quite clear that they didn't want us to save them - we can do without your kind of saving, thank you very much!!

You just can't help some people... :nono: :down:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck said:
I will be saving Tunbridge Wells on Sunday, when the Sussex Cricketing Bandwagon rolls into the sleepy provinicial town.

Not much saving got done though did it, unless the idea was to save Ice Cream vans, over-priced cold drinks stalls and a particularly ace Chinese restauarant...

:lolol: :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Carrot Cruncher said:
This is very true. It was quite clear that they didn't want us to save them - we can do without your kind of saving, thank you very much!!

You just can't help some people... :nono: :down:

We can only pray for the souls of the damned and hope they eventually seek the path of redemption and light. ;) :drink:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I worked for Topman in Manc and the staff had been banned because some cock jumped through, yes thats through, the second floor window and broke both his legs. Luckily it was before my time so I still :drink: :drink: :drink: in there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here