Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Uncle Buck said:

It would cut out the middle man, certainly.

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Uncle Buck said:
Well you are coming from the backward shire of Lewes.

Or possibly Londonshire.

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Uncle Buck said:
London Village?

Just a small village near Tottenham.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Uncle Buck, best of luck with your saving attempts this weekend.

I will be in saving action in a variety of locations in the coming days and should be able to join you on sunday to give some CPR in Tunbridge Wells.

On Friday I will be parachuting into one of gods most wretched cities to give emergency aid: Liverpool. Following a night carrying out surgery there, and somehow managing to stay awake through the night as only a Junior Doctor can (tee hee), I will catching the first train back to London on saturday morning where I may do some early morning surgery in the London Bridge area (where from the helpful souls on this message board, I have established that some pubs exist).

Its then onto Derby for The Derby to assist with the aid effort there. Who knows which towns or cities will be receiving assistance later in the day, but sunday should see me back in theatre on the Kent and Sussex border. Liver and Gout allowing.

Toodle pip.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Uncle Buck said:
Whose capital is Highbury and Islington.

Gentlemen (and I use the word in its loosest possible sense) please: let's have a little decorum on this board for once.

You're all a bunch of beardy-weirdy tickers and freaks, Ale Trail my arse, don't think I know you're usually to be found hanging round the Bluebell Railway and the Lavender Line, cooing ecstatically over some clapped-out boiler working itself up to a reluctant head of steam... I'm sorry, I seem to have strayed onto a "stag night in Prague" thread, sorry: anyway, I SHALL however be attending the Nelse at 11, in my capacity as UN Ambassador to the Dangerously Inebriated, in order to ensure fair play and a minimum of spillage. And also because that's where I slope off to anyhow on a Saturday when there's no footie - just because it's heavily saved on a regular basis doesn't mean we can get complacent, you know.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

Seagull's Return said:
Gentlemen (and I use the word in its loosest possible sense) please: let's have a little decorum on this board for once.

You're all a bunch of beardy-weirdy tickers and freaks, Ale Trail my arse, don't think I know you're usually to be found hanging round the Bluebell Railway and the Lavender Line, cooing ecstatically over some clapped-out boiler working itself up to a reluctant head of steam... I'm sorry, I seem to have strayed onto a "stag night in Prague" thread, sorry: anyway, I SHALL however be attending the Nelse at 11, in my capacity as UN Ambassador to the Dangerously Inebriated, in order to ensure fair play and a minimum of spillage. And also because that's where I slope off to anyhow on a Saturday when there's no footie - just because it's heavily saved on a regular basis doesn't mean we can get complacent, you know.

Good to have you on board old boy.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tubby Mondays said:

I will be in saving action in a variety of locations in the coming days and should be able to join you on sunday to give some CPR in Tunbridge Wells.

On Friday I will be parachuting into one of gods most wretched cities to give emergency aid: Liverpool. Following a night carrying out surgery there, and somehow managing to stay awake through the night as only a Junior Doctor can (tee hee), I will catching the first train back to London on saturday morning where I may do some early morning surgery in the London Bridge area (where from the helpful souls on this message board, I have established that some pubs exist).

Its then onto Derby for The Derby to assist with the aid effort there. Who knows which towns or cities will be receiving assistance later in the day, but sunday should see me back in theatre on the Kent and Sussex border. Liver and Gout allowing.

Toodle pip.

I think the fact you are doing some national saving is superb.

My hat goes off to you sir.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Tubby Mondays said:

Toodle pip.

By gad, sir, I like the cut of your jib. Damn' fine example to the Youth of Today.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst on the subject I saw a mysteriously sober looking Admiral Canning on my way into work this morning. I nearly didn't recognise him! No glazed eyes, no rosey cheeks, by gosh he looked almost human.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
I believe the oldest ASBO in Worthing will be out doing some coaching work on Saturday....

I find it a tad embarrassing the way he wears his electronic tag outside his trousers, just to show off.

Anyhow, I'll see you all in the Nelse Saturday (no saving for me till then, I'm afraid: those trees don't fell themselves, you know). Mmmmm, Harveys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here