Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Crisis - Weekend Plans

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
England shorts I do believe, not that I was concentrating on that area of his anatomy for long.

Dandyman

In London village.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was, but now I'm not.

Could it have been this chap ?

churchill_dog.gif

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Just to report that sadly only 11 of the following 12 were succesfully saved on Saturday;

1. Nelson
2. Battle of Trafalguar
3. Evening Star
4. Wagon and Horses
5. Basketmakers
6. Dover Castle (football)
7. Sir Charles Napier
8. Hand and Hand
9. Bugle
10.Engineer
11. Prestonville
12. Cobblers

Sadly the Hand and Hand received no saving, however an unscheduled 2 hour saving session took place in the Sir Charles Napier.

Did you do your bit?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Only the Yeoman and the Gardens were saved this weekend. Must do better.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I did very POORLY this weekend. The Parkview, Polar East and the Concorde were saved on Friday followed by a long session of saving in the Duke of Wellington (where I won a t shirt for picking the Derby winner) and then the Fiddlers Elbow for the evening.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I did very POORLY this weekend. The Parkview, Polar East and the Concorde were saved on Friday followed by a long session of saving in the Duke of Wellington (where I won a t shirt for picking the Derby winner) and then the Fiddlers Elbow for the evening.

The Parkview was the Pub I saved regularly when I lived in Herbert Road. You would have ben a twinkel in your papa's eye in those days.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
The Parkview was the Pub I saved regularly when I lived in Herbert Road. You would have ben a twinkel in your papa's eye in those days.

It's shit and full of haircuts nowadays.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The types of haircut you see on people wearing polo shirts with stuff stitched on that doesn't really need to be there and those who wear t shirts in support of backwater USA 'soccer' teams.

And jeans with designer rips.

And loafers.

Tossers, basically.

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Just to report that sadly only 11 of the following 12 were succesfully saved on Saturday;

1. Nelson
2. Battle of Trafalguar
3. Evening Star
4. Wagon and Horses
5. Basketmakers
6. Dover Castle (football)
7. Sir Charles Napier
8. Hand and Hand
9. Bugle
10.Engineer
11. Prestonville
12. Cobblers

Sadly the Hand and Hand received no saving, however an unscheduled 2 hour saving session took place in the Sir Charles Napier.

Did you do your bit?

In addition to the above the Elephant & Castle in Lewes was also saved late(r) in the evening. Sadly, our attempts to save the Brewers Arms was rebuffed by the bar staff on the ludicrous grounds of our alleged intoxication.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I think we saved "The Quadrant" in Manchester on Saturday. Various quantities of ale, but mainly cider where downed to save the pub so as to not have to go back to Manchetser for an England game for a while! 5 people from Sussex downing drinks as if the place was in serious danger of not being saved!

Its a great pub, tucked out the way, but only a 20 minute walk to Old Trafford. Didnt wait longer than 2 minutes to be served all day. Great stuff.

Ps Note to self - take sun cream and not a rain coat next time I go to Manchester!

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

I saved the Tattenham Corner on Saturday and helped out the Neville briefly yesterday afternoon..................blimey it's a bit rough now innit.

Oh and I shall be doing my best to ensure the Crown and Anchor stays afloat Saturday after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here