Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Inquiry Poll - Which is your favourite wild creature?

Which is your favourite creature?

• bat

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • badger

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • otter

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • slow worm

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • water vole

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • peregrine falcon

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • black redstart

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

Those of us who were at Brighton Town Hall this morning will probably know the answer.

One of these furry, slithery or feathery creatures is helping the Albion's planning case for Falmer more than the others.

Which one do YOU love the most?

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I went for the black redstart.. souds birdy to me and I remember some old guy on the news a while back talking about rare birds around sheepcote.

black_redstart_1.jpg

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ratty is usually favourite.

But I will go for the Wryneck at Sheepcote Valley.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sussex.birder/Wryneck 270800.htm

Some of these animals are BAPs. Biological Action Plan species which means their places of residence are legally protected.

So if Bats start roosting in the stadium roof, the Albion would not be allowed to block up their entrance holes.

Last edited:

perseus said:
Ratty is usually favourite.

But I will go for the Wryneck at Sheepcote Valley.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sussex.birder/Wryneck 270800.htm

Some of these animals are BAPs. Biological Action Plan species which means their places of residence are legally protected.

So if Bats start roosting in the stadium roof, the Albion would not be allowed to block up their entrance holes.
Ahhh...

But, subject to meeting certain conditions, it's possible to get a licence from English Nature to disturb the habitat of some wild creatures.

The evidence we heard this morning is that it would be extremely unlikely that a licence would be granted in respect of just ONE of the creature in the poll.

As an Albion supporter, that's the one that I will henceforth love the most.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really like bats.
But I think I'll vote for the peregrine falcon, as they are a rare and endangered species...if there's any of THOSE bastards nesting at Sheepcote, then you can forget it as a possible site (quite apart from the multitude of other reasons).

I'm surprised the Lesser-Pointed Bluebird (soccerus rubbishicus) isn't in the list. Surely this rather flimsy feathered creature has been of invaluable help over the years in our rise to football's second tier, hence demonstrating the vital need for Falmer.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There is a Peregrine at Shoreham Harbour. I wonder what it eats?

I voted for Ratty though.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'm going for badger too.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Could you tell us which site the wild animals are at. I'd just like to know which one they are hindering. Please be Sheepcote.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the Bluebird is called Abertaffy :lolol:

Rangdo, I think it should be spelt Portes Ladda ?

Sheepcote (no sheep then) is a pig (no pigs either) of a place to get to. I really don't like this idea at all.

Last edited:

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
I walked in on the inquiry when this was all being discussed, I could not believe what they were talking about, had to stop myself from laughing. In terms of birds there was only one bird I had my eye on and that was the lovely Megan.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I know badgers can be moved because some were moved at Saltdean.

I have heard something about a wildlife group and birds at Sheepcote. I'm guessing the black redstart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here