Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Yes, I know that Edmund Burke never actually said that :facepalm: , it was me that said it there
uparrow.jpg

How many times, over the years have posters on here moaned about stupid little feral tossers doing whatever they want ? Tomorrow is your chance to actually do something about it and stop them running freely around your hometown wrecking the place, shouting racist chants and intimidating people.

See you tomorrow night, Queensbury House, Queens Road, 7.30 Then we can have a nice peaceful quiet night in Brighton :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Eric Arthur Blair's 1984 is coming our way very soon.

In what way?

Still waiting for clarification on this Mr Bard. What is the Orwellian future you foresee?

I've just been on Twitter and have seen a few people mentioning 1984. The general theme seems to be that the government investigating rioters, arsonists and looters is Orwellian.

Like this guy:

I have a feeling some of these "patriots" haven't actually read the novel :lolol:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
You think the rioters are upset because of a failure of minorities to integrate?

You think the rioters want brown people to integrate?

You think the rioters want brown people?

Where did you get that from my post?! ‘Brown people’ - really?!

My point is that we have, for hundreds of years, been a society of many nationalities, creeds and yes colours. On the whole we have reason to be proud of how people are accepted for who they are rather than because they might be ‘different’. However, for various reasons we are going through a period that is the opposite. THAT is what we need to address.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've just been on Twitter and have seen a few people mentioning 1984. The general theme seems to be that the government investigating rioters, arsonists and looters is Orwellian.

Like this guy:

I have a feeling some of these "patriots" haven't actually read the novel :lolol:

The irony being that they probably don't understand, or have never read, the novel. For, as I think I mentioned earlier, they are very much unwitting subjects.

'The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge-hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp'

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Like this guy:

The Right are usually very keen on tougher law-and-order - except when it applies to them obviously!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Like this guy:

I have a feeling many of these "patriots" can't actually read :lolol:

Corrected the last line for you :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The irony being that they probably don't understand, or have never read, the novel. For, as I think I mentioned earlier, they are very much unwitting subjects.

'The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge-hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp'
Yes, but by the looks of his X profile, he knows his 1930s history all too well.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Yes, I know that Edmund Burke never actually said that :facepalm: , it was me that said it there View attachment 186633

How many times, over the years have posters on here moaned about stupid little feral tossers doing whatever they want ? Tomorrow is your chance to actually do something about it and stop them running freely around your hometown wrecking the place, shouting racist chants and intimidating people.

See you tomorrow night, Queensbury House, Queens Road, 7.30 Then we can have a nice peaceful quiet night in Brighton :thumbsup:
Agree with the sentiment but what are you going to do apart from fan the flames and give the police another dymanic that they need to manage. Let the police handle it and lock the racist thugs up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Like this guy:

I have a feeling some of these "patriots" haven't actually read

Edited for accuracy.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Managing a shop in town have been put on high alert for a potential Brighton riot tomorrow starting on queens road

Sorry if already posted , can’t keep up with this thread

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yes, I know that Edmund Burke never actually said that :facepalm: , it was me that said it there View attachment 186633

Are there actually going to be any far right tossers there? I predict there will be a load of the other side and nobody to defend the place from. What do you do then? Refurbish the immigration solicitor’s office?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really pleased that one of our perma bores has delivered a very solid century of posts on this thread despite a wobble last night. Yes 100 posts on one subject
Much fascination here at the stable that you would arrive here with just a single post to tell us that someone else had reached their century. I declare you the Bill Frindall of NSC. Come join us in the cricket threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here