Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Will you be filming and wearing that hat?
I was hoping to but they are now shutting and boarding up the office so I will WFH. Hopefully they burn the place down and I can get us out of our insanely expensive lease.

The ‘something happening now’ bit was apparently bollocks.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Typhoo put the T in BriTain, Tommy put the **** in sCUNThorpe
John Francombe used that many moons ago on The Morning Line.
The 'advert' teaser question was racecourses with parts of the body in (Chester etc) and after the break the mischievous Francombe proffered 'I didn't know there was a racecourse in Scunthorpe'.
Naughty boy on a Saturday am.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Seeing as this thread is all about shits, i guess this is the thread for this, I was just towards the end of an incredibly messy poo at home and my mobile rang with an important call i was waiting for, i finished up and legged it downstairs to answer, fast forward 3 hours and my wife has just got home and went upstairs, it was then my afternoon slumbering in my command chair was disturbed with a shriek followed by some choice language, i hadn’t flush my mess away 😮😮😮😮 She’s still going on about it it, it might be separate beds tonight

Meanwhile in other news i met Fabian’s GF this lunchtime 👍

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The definition of unrest includes disturbance, agitation and turmoil.
You’ve basically just contradicted yourself there,
Glad you noted that - I read it and thought "Am I being particularly dense today?"!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brighton …. it wouldn’t surprise me if nothing happens whatsoever. A very one sided crowd.

It’s being really talked up. As with BBC pre event hype for Brits in these Olympics, the bigger the hype, the lesser the event.

This is a very unique part of the UK … wealth, employment, things to do, inclusiveness, two huge uni’s, no history of Asian v White or similar aggro in districts.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What’s the difference. Thuggery resulting in unrest.
Unrest resulting in thuggery, surely? Marches and protests which soon lead to violence and vandalism, fuelled by alcohol and toxic masculinity, I'd imagine.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
12% thinking the unrest is justified is disturbingly high. Mind you, YouGov methodology has always been suspect.
As 14% voted for Reform UK (sadly), I wonder if this explains the 'disturbingly high' number who believe that the unrest is justified.

I wonder how many of these people also think that the Just Stop Oil would-be protesters deserved to be banged-up for 5 years - presumably they think it is perfectly OK, even patriotic, to 'protest' against immigrants, but not against Climate Change?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think this will all fizzle out soon hopefully. Once the perps get caught and stiff sentences handed out, people will start thinking again as well as the main culprits already starting to be being taken off the streets.
And the footie starts again, and the weather turn cooler and wetter!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seeing as this thread is all about shits, i guess this is the thread for this, I was just towards the end of an incredibly messy poo at home and my mobile rang with an important call i was waiting for, i finished up and legged it downstairs to answer, fast forward 3 hours and my wife has just got home and went upstairs, it was then my afternoon slumbering in my command chair was disturbed with a shriek followed by some choice language, i hadn’t flush my mess away 😮😮😮😮 She’s still going on about it it, it might be separate beds tonight

I was going to say we needed a pic but couldn’t risk the confusion 😬

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What X? Ive been on it for about 4 months, click on following and its fine but click on For You and its like a global Jurassic Park. Tik tok seems to be similar. Just use Facebook as a Diary now.

And then there is here lol.
And if you follow the 'right' accounts you can come on NSC telling everyone where the feral scum are planning the next riot ???

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I hope you at least finished the paperwork before taking the call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here