Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
What are you on about? I’ve challenged a commentator who has subsequently confirmed they miswrote their post, inbetween all you’ve done is begun insulting me because you’re running high on emotion and typing so furiously that I’ve simply become the target of your bile and abuse online because you can’t get at the real live agitators. You’re as bad as them, judging and acting like a hot head when I’m advocating calmness and taking a step back on all sides. Look a little closer to home before judging and labelling these “scumbags” as you have. I’m struggling to see much difference between you and them frankly because in just a few posts you’ve dished out lots of hate and abuse to me simply for trying to debate reasonably and state calling every Reform voter as scum doesn’t exactly help matters regardless if that’s your opinion.
Laughable. :)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I've forgotten what was good about our nationality 🤷‍♂️

30% of the country voted to shoot all of us and our kids and grandkids in the foot, and 20% think it's a good idea to have a poundshop Hilter in charge.
That's a hell of a lot of village idiots.

And those idiots are being assisted by many many infirm of thinking, sharing social media posts about our poor pensioners losing their winter fuel allowance to pay for the "boat people", plus that we need to wake the lion to save our children, whatever the hell that means.
Those thoughts being echoed, it would appear, by one of our moderators on here.

So yes, I'm ashamed too.
Bloody ashamed.
So because you’re an Afghan refugee fleeing from tyranny and religious fanatics, by your train of thought, you should be ashamed to be Afghan? Bloody ashamed too?

Nope, I’d simply disassociate and hope one day the Taliban rule is ended. In the meantime I’d be very proud of my country, and go about my values and beliefs in my own small way as we all do largely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Time for the Army me thinks with adjusted rules of engagement
I wouldn’t have an issue with the army rounding up this lot. Amongst many things, what they are doing is cowardly and bullying. They also know the police are limited with how they can deal with this; it’s also not fair they have to tackle this lot with just a helmet and a shield. Get the army in.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Chairs have been hurled at police and windows smashed as anti-immigration rioters broke into a hotel in Rotherham.

Objects including pieces of wood and chairs have been thrown at the Holiday Inn Express hotel and at police officers who are lined up in front of the building.

At least one injured officer in riot gear was carried away by colleagues."

Mod edit - image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What are you on about? I’ve challenged a commentator who has subsequently confirmed they miswrote their post, inbetween all you’ve done is begun insulting me because you’re running high on emotion and typing so furiously that I’ve simply become the target of your bile and abuse online because you can’t get at the real live agitators. You’re as bad as them, judging and acting like a hot head when I’m advocating calmness and taking a step back on all sides. Look a little closer to home before judging and labelling these “scumbags” as you have. I’m struggling to see much difference between you and them frankly because in just a few posts you’ve dished out lots of hate and abuse to me simply for trying to debate reasonably and state calling every Reform voter as scum doesn’t exactly help matters regardless if that’s your opinion.
Normally the grammar Police on the board are falling over themselves to mention any error I have made in the past, yet apparently this practice is now illegal 🤷

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
A Voter for Reform has either
a) to be thick as mince or
b) a complete bstd

So calling them scum is probably a bit over the top. But here's the thing.

20% of our population - well 20% of the turnout at the election voted for Reform.

That's a hell of a lot of thickos and / or bstds.... so logically a lot of them will be pondlife.

And you say all sides should take a step back? are you equating anti rascists with the rascists? All as bad as each other? That's a dangerous road to go down isn't it?
And who exactly is going to make the Reform voters on the streets take a step back?
Our Police are taking the brunt of it, the rest of us are either keyboard warriors of keeping our heads down.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn’t have an issue with the army rounding up this lot. Amongst many things, what they are doing is cowardly and bullying. They also know the police are limited with how they can deal with this; it’s also not fair they have to tackle this lot with just a helmet and a shield. Get the army in.
I guess my only concern with the Army is self control, i’ve been watching the fabulous Sky Documentary Tricky Dick about Richard Nixon’s tenure as POTUS and that Kent State University riot shootings by the National Guard wasn’t good

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Chairs have been hurled at police and windows smashed as anti-immigration rioters broke into a hotel in Rotherham.

Objects including pieces of wood and chairs have been thrown at the Holiday Inn Express hotel and at police officers who are lined up in front of the building.

At least one injured officer in riot gear was carried away by colleagues."

Mod edit - image removed
You were told yesterday to credit your sources. You’ve compounded that by using an image that belongs to someone else, something @Bozza has frequently advised against as it can cost the site large sums of money. Have a break.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Laughable. :)
No at all. Since joining this thread, you’ve demonstrably shown you’re angry, unable to read posts clearly and abusive (the latter two likely to be as a consequence of the former). In your shoes, I’d have put the shovel down, stopped digging and written a quick apology. However, I also recognise your chimp is still out in the exercise yard and needs more time so that’s beyond your abilities currently. Therefore I’ll stick you on ignore, so’s not to further feed him. Have a good evening. :thumbsup:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This also doesn’t help. Why feel ashamed because some people with the same passport, club shirt or even post code act differently? You’re negatively tagging all that’s good about our nationality because a tiny minority act and see the world differently. But have nothing to do with you or I, so why feel shame about being English because of them? You’ve no control over or connection to them whatsoever. So don’t bring nationality into it, because it just becomes another label otherwise that gets weaponised. We all know every village has an idiot, they’re just getting together currently to jointly express idiocy. Things will soon calm down when they’ve exercised their chimps and grow tired. Which includes being batoned hopefully.
Trying to work out whether you are deliberately being a WUM or genuinely can’t see the extreme biases in your choice of language and comments. The far right and anti-immigration groups that are engaging in violent disorder are just acting ‘differently’ and ‘just getting together to express idiocy’? What a deliberately understated description of events - Why don’t you call it what it is - rioting and gratuitous violent behaviour and engaging in serious criminal civil disorder?

As for telling those voicing national shame at this violence they are ‘weaponising nationality’? FFS “Nationality” has been weaponised by the far right for decades. The whole essence of the far right’s argument is that ‘British’ means ‘White’ and born here - that combination. Even the softer hard right talk in terms of ‘taking back our Country’, ’’Britain for the British’ and ‘protecting national identity and culture’ etc. It’s all about nationality and how it is defined.

Your deliberate use of ambivalent language to describe what’s going on ignores the very obvious far right forces at play here. It also minimises opportunistic looting, dismisses millions of pounds of criminal damage to community infrastructure, makes light of gratuitous violence and terrorising behaviour and it is cavalier to the point of absurdity.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
From the Office of National statistics in 2018 (most recent I could find with definitive data). Size of UK households by ethnicity:

Including the 3 categories of 5, 6 and 7 or more. So the blow figures represent percentages by each ethnicity with 5 or more in the household.

White 11.66%
Mixed/multiple 20.96%
Indian 21.96%
Pakistani/Bangladeshi 60.82%
Chinese 15.41%
Black 30.90%
Other 32.78%

Let’s play a game.

What culturally do white British people do when dealing with elderly. Is it a) put them in a care home or organising care visits or b) look after them in the family home?

No play the same game for Asian families.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If there is disorder at every Brighton away game . Are all Brighton fans thugs ?
Obviously not. But those involved will be. What point are you trying to make?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No doubt the first of many

I wonder how many tourists head to Rotherham for their annual’s 😂 And i’m certain @Herr Tubthumper has spread the word to his German colleagues not to go to Stoke on Trent
IMG_1624.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess my only concern with the Army is self control, i’ve been watching the fabulous Sky Documentary Tricky Dick about Richard Nixon’s tenure as POTUS and that Kent State University riot shootings by the National Guard wasn’t good
Maybe leave the guns at home then. I just think the army are better trained and equipped for this than the police. Trying to break into a Holiday Inn and then a load of soldiers arrive ……..

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Trying to work out whether you are deliberately being a WUM or genuinely can’t see the extreme biases in your choice of language and comments. The far right and anti-immigration groups that are engaging in violent disorder are just acting ‘differently’ and ‘just getting together to express idiocy’? What a deliberately understated description of events - Why don’t you call it what it is - rioting and gratuitous violent behaviour and engaging in serious criminal civil disorder?

As for telling those voicing national shame at this violence they are ‘weaponising nationality’? FFS “Nationality” has been weaponised by the far right for decades. The whole essence of the far right’s argument is that ‘British’ means ‘White’ and born here - that combination. Even the softer hard left talk in terms of ‘taking back our Country’, ’’Britain for the British’ and ‘protecting national identity and culture’ etc. It’s all about nationality and how it is defined.

Your deliberate use of ambivalent language to describe what’s going on ignores the very obvious far right forces at play here. It also minimises opportunistic looting, dismisses millions of pounds of criminal damage to community infrastructure, makes light of gratuitous violence and terrorising behaviour and it is cavalier to the point of absurdity.
It's stupidity or a wind-up. Luckily, he now has me on 'ignore'. How will I cope? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here