Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Kier Starmer is to blame for this. His speech was so badly judged. No recognition at all of the reasonable worries a lot of people have, just an attack on their right to protest. Seems more bothered about defending the perpetrators than our children.
Bullshit. Your mate Farage and far-right Reform people like you are responsible for this.

You disgust me.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You’re the one that somehow thought @Deadly Danson was talking about the victims
He wrote that. Now I’m wrong for challenging what he subsequently alludes he mis-wrote?

Words matter. Get them right. Or have your racist opinions challenged. There are / have been lots of racists on NSC over many years and for all I know about the poster he might have racist / fascist opinions which I reserve the right to call out as I did. If you make a mistake, don’t make up for it by having a go at someone else for your own inadequacies. Own it, correct it, crickey maybe even thank that person for pointing out your faux pas, and boy what a faux pas given the subject matter. And then move on. However, this is NSC so I completely understand such civility is beyond many. Which is why I don’t hang out here very often these days.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If there is disorder at every Brighton away game . Are all Brighton fans thugs ?
Yes, yes we are!

hark now hear, the Brighton sing…..etc etc

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Kier Starmer is to blame for this. His speech was so badly judged. No recognition at all of the reasonable worries a lot of people have, just an attack on their right to protest. Seems more bothered about defending the perpetrators than our children.
One of the best things about NSC is that we’re all allowed to voice our opinions (even Palace fans), but I’m slightly nervous that a moderator is (apparently seriously) blaming Keir Starmer for what’s happening!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
He wrote that. Now I’m wrong for challenging what he subsequently alludes he mis-wrote?

Words matter. Get them right. Or have your racist opinions challenged. There are / have been lots of racists on NSC over many years and for all I know about the poster he might have racist / fascist opinions which I reserve the right to call out as I did. If you make a mistake, don’t make up for it by having a go at someone else for your own inadequacies. Own it, correct it, crickey maybe even thank that person for pointing out your faux pas, and boy what a faux pas given the subject matter. And then move on. However, this is NSC so I completely understand such civility is beyond many. Which is why I don’t hang out here very often these days.
TFFT.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree with this bit in bold.
However, I would say 'disappoints' rather than 'disgust'.
Nah, his comment didn’t surprise or dissapoint me. He’s been a far-right apologist across this board for several years. Just been subtle about it but outed himself somewhat with that comment.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There's just so much hate about. It's depressing. It's really bloody depressing.
Amen to this and sadly so. Every time I take this line myself I get told to cheer up. However when I stick my head above the parapet it’s quickly apparent hate’s close cousin - anger - is abundant too. As this thread evidently shows. Time to give NSC another wide berth perhaps, seems the polemics have taken over and we all know who follows them! Bon chance :drink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BBC news at the Rotherham 'protests' showing a guy in an Albion shirt smirking away. You're not one of us mate.
Hopefully the club can ID him and keep him out.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Amen to this and sadly so. Every time I take this line myself I get told to cheer up. However when I stick my head above the parapet it’s quickly apparent hate’s close cousin - anger - is abundant too. As this thread evidently shows. Time to give NSC another wide berth perhaps, seems the polemics have taken over and we all know who follows them! Bon chance :drink:
Don't be bullied off NSC mate.

You bring much more to the table than a lot on here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You misunderstood what he wrote imo, it was blindingly obvious. Off you flounce, no need for an announcement 👋

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Haven't seen the clip but are you sure it's not a Wednesday top?
1000011967.jpg

Hope it's OK to post this but I don't think it was a Brighton top?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here