Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
To be clear, and there's no way I can express how strongly I feel about this, the people you describe as "British protesters" do not represent me, do not represent the British people, and do not represent any sort of coherent view that anybody with a functioning brain could get behind.
When did I say they did? They’re British and they’re protesters. So I called them British protesters. ‘Do not represent the British people’ … well clearly that’s wrong. They don’t represent ALL of the British people, including me to be clear! But they do represent a portion of the British people. And until people like yourself and, more importantly, the countries leaders get that into their head we will not resolve these riots.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
When did I say they did? They’re British and they’re protesters. So I called them British protesters. ‘Do not represent the British people’ … well clearly that’s wrong. They don’t represent ALL of the British people, including me to be clear! But they do represent a portion of the British people. And until people like yourself and, more importantly, the countries leaders get that into their head we will not resolve these riots.
Are the counter protesters not British then?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So why are "counter protests" not described as British, when the people involved are also British people?

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m in the exact same camp it seems as @Napper . I do not represent or advocate either group at all! And I’m not arguing the case in favour of the British protesters or the counter protests.

I’m arguing the case of having equality of reporting in the media, equality in the way that it is policed on both sides during and after the event, and I’m providing balance to a thread that is heavily in favour of one side

All of this has been triggered by a terrible crime that occurred in Southport.

The criminal responsible has been caught and charged and remains in police custody. No vigilante action required.

Using this horrible crime as a pretext, a really nasty underbelly of society have been encouraged to “come out and save their country” by *checks notes* threatening mosques, breaking police station windows, burning down Citizen Advice Bureaus and attempting to loot a phone shop.

There aren’t “sides” in this in the traditional sense. If there are now gangs of young Muslim men roaming the streets armed, it’s because they’ve heard of what’s happened elsewhere, have organized and are thinking “you’re not going to burn down my mosque without a fight.”

It’s as inevitable as night following day.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It does help in these situations to burn down your own town and attack police men and women.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
So why are "counter protests" not described as British, when the people involved are also British people?
They’re not all British though are they? Or are you just saying that as classic whataboutery to put yourself on some moral pedestal? Granted there will be British people among them, absolutely! But they are not ‘British counter protesters’ because they’re not all British. So they’re counter protesters in my posts. Hope that helps.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

weapons , easy to find if looking - media wont report though

shouting allah akbar , thats in stoke , plenty more of both sides out looking for it.

It is awful and the police should certainly clamp down. I'll assume that this is also @BevBHA's source since he hasn't given one.

I couldn't find it on my Google search, but that maybe that's because it (and it's linked sites) 'Exposing Fighters - Daily dark corner news' appear to be fairly new and have only published two videos, this one and one defending Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

But I guess if you have the right contacts (y)

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It is awful and the police should certainly clamp down. I'll assume that this is also @BevBHA's source since he hasn't given one.

I couldn't find it on my Google search, but that maybe that's because it (and it's linked sites) 'Exposing Fighters - Daily dark corner news' appear to be fairly new and have only published two videos, this one and one defending Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

But I guess if you have the right contacts (y)
Can you see the machetes? Maybe you will argue it’s AI produced.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So the fact plummeting living standards have lead to a rise in violent crime can be attributed to immigration not the case that rich (mostly) white men have taken all the money, shows how powerful the manipulation of ideas is. The Tories, Reform and even sections of the Labour leadership have constantly pointed the finger at some of the most vulnerable in society as they wash ashore. Britain's immigrants not only contribute to the wider society, both culturally and through work and tax contribution, they actually keep our schools, hospitals and care homes running. It is bollox about Muslims changing the British way, societies always evolve or we'd still be burning witches and dancing round maypoles. Most Muslims believe in kindness, fare pay, unionised workplaces, a fully funded health service and education, that people should be able to live free from violence and abuse. Whilst coming from a Jewish family and married into a Muslim one I find this hatred of the other f***ing vile. Violent zenobia is being legitimised and these scumbags claim to be protecting the British way of life - is that one of mindless violence and hatred. The fact that the unbelievably tragic deaths of children is being used to unleash black shirt terror on families is just mind blowing. Britain is looking more like Germany of the 1930s with every news story and bullshit YouTube clip I see. Do people not remember the terror that black and Asian community has to live through in the 70s and 80s? I'm flying out of the country tomorrow morning for a fortnight and you lot better sort this shit out before I get back.
Where you going Russia

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
They’re not all British though are they? Or are you just saying that as classic whataboutery to put yourself on some moral pedestal? Granted there will be British people among them, absolutely! But they are not ‘British counter protesters’ because they’re not all British. So they’re counter protesters in my posts. Hope that helps.
They were waving Palestinian flags in Leeds earlier today so probably not British

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Flip your post the other way. If someone on here said ‘good on them’ to the white British men using machetes against the Muslim community. I think what you said is absolutely disgusting.
Don't be a knob - it really doesn't become you.
When you/anyone feels under attack, you do what you need to.
Innocent people (yes, 'people') have come under attack....do you deny the right to defend yourself?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So people fighting the police and attacking war memorials, mosques, citizens advice and anybody else who gets in their way are 'British'

People who try to stop them aren't all 'British'

I really think you've said enough. Might be best if you log off

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
So people fighting the police and attacking war memorials, mosques, citizens advice and anybody else who gets in their way are 'British'

People who try to stop them aren't all 'British'

I really think you've said enough. Might be best if you log off
I was thinking of another word than 'log', but that's neither here nor there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m in the exact same camp it seems as @Napper . I do not represent or advocate either group at all! And I’m not arguing the case in favour of the British protesters or the counter protests.

I’m arguing the case of having equality of reporting in the media, equality in the way that it is policed on both sides during and after the event, and I’m providing balance to a thread that is heavily in favour of one side
It’s not an England match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

weapons , easy to find if looking - media wont report though

shouting allah akbar , thats in stoke , plenty more of both sides out looking for it.

Is there such a thing as Muslim Defence League?
I’ve seen photos of a coach firm advertisements used in X photos accused of bussing in members. False accusations, as it happens, so like many things on X at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here