Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Don't be a knob - it really doesn't become you.
When you/anyone feels under attack, you do what you need to.
Innocent people (yes, 'people') have come under attack....do you deny the right to defend yourself?
You’re saying exactly what the far right are. It’s completely fine to call out both ‘sides’.

The racists on the right are undoubtedly causing most of then trouble but we must also condemn gangs of thugs going round with machetes and attacking individuals also.

We need a de-escalation but from your posts it appears that an eye for an eye is what you want.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You’re saying exactly what the far right are. It’s completely fine to call out both ‘sides’.

The racists on the right are undoubtedly causing most of then trouble but we must also condemn gangs of thugs going round with machetes and attacking individuals also.

We need a de-escalation but from your posts it appears that an eye for an eye is what you want.
If that's what you see/read, then you are a simpleton.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s not an England match.
Hold on, I saw lots of folks with red crosses chanting 'Engerland'

On a more serious note, it does rather seem that a lot of those folk are pleased the opposition has turned up. Probably a few businesses and car owners too.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
So people fighting the police and attacking war memorials, mosques, citizens advice and anybody else who gets in their way are 'British'

People who try to stop them aren't all 'British'

I really think you've said enough. Might be best if you log off
They aren’t all British? Have you lost the plot?

The protests/riots are literally about immigration. If one side are British nationalists what do you think the counter protesters are?

It’s not offensive in any way at all to describe someone as ‘not British’. And like I said. Some in the counter protests will of course be British. Born and raised in Britain. What I said is they are not ALL British. Jesus wept.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
They aren’t all British? Have you lost the plot?

The protests/riots are literally about immigration. If one side are British nationalists what do you think the counter protesters are?

It’s not offensive in any way at all to describe someone as ‘not British’. And like I said. Some in the counter protests will of course be British. Born and raised in Britain. What I said is they are not ALL British. Jesus wept.
You are simply a rabble-rouser.
And ignored.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Certainly isn't , it looks more like the start of a civil war ( hope I'm wrong though as always)
You are, indeed, wrong.

Most people are at home watching the Olympics or Ant and Dec. They have no interest in either extreme.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They’re not all British though are they? Or are you just saying that as classic whataboutery to put yourself on some moral pedestal? Granted there will be British people among them, absolutely! But they are not ‘British counter protesters’ because they’re not all British. So they’re counter protesters in my posts. Hope that helps.
I would be reasonably confident that some percentage of protesters in any given event were originally from somewhere else, regardless of whatever cause they're claiming to support.

I might struggle to describe what exactly I view as "British values", but I know the people you've described as "British protesters" don't represent anything I'd recognise as that.

I'm also intrigued by what you imagine whataboutary or a moral pedestal to be, because nothing I've said is the former and I definitely don't put myself on the latter. I'll happily admit to being a MASSIVE **** when it suits me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not even sure who the 2 sides are, if it’s the EDL/far right violent protests/riots one side, what is the other?

I know im on a side, the one against xenophobic racist extremist violence. It’s not limited to white British thugs either.
The post I quoted seems to suggest its author believes this is (white) British v (brown) non British.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Funny really, I'm sure an argument could be made for the exact opposite of this given all the covid misinformation that was absolutely rife on social media.
I should leave him to it. I wonder how that Ivermectin worked out or maybe he tried Trump's idea, bleach?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Certainly isn't , it looks more like the start of a civil war ( hope I'm wrong though as always)
It really isn't. The overwhelming majority of folk would want nothing to do with it.

Tomorrow I need to do the housework, go to my village cricket match and I have a little walk planned for the evening. I also need to arrange my league ladders for the coming season as well as my Fantasy Team. I don't think I could do this civil war thing full time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here