Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good on them, as far as I'm concerned (if true). Zero tolerance for racist thugs running rampant, and there's a hell of lot more of decent folk than these idiots.
Kick them to the kerb...immediately.
Dickhead

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
For anyone interested, non-EU immigration in 2023 was around 1.2 million (net migration around half that as nearly 700,000 people left the UK)

Approximate visa ratios as follows:

Work: 423,000 (42%)
Study: 379,000 (37%)
Family: 75,000 (7%)
Asylum: 81,000 (8%)
Humanitarian: 50,000 (5%)
Other: 21,000 (1%)

So, for those who believe immigration is far too high:

1. Why? The figures (to me) feel about right for a country of our population and wealth with an aging population. At least if we’re still chasing GDP growth as the measure by which we judge success.

2. Which visas should we cap? Bear in mind each has a cost. E.g. businesses that can’t get staff relocate elsewhere in Europe, and universities that can’t get foreign students to pay higher tuition costs require greater state or student subsidy.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

weapons , easy to find if looking - media wont report though

shouting allah akbar , thats in stoke , plenty more of both sides out looking for it.

Well let’s bang them up too. Just because morons are trashing your town and attacking people they see as the same as you does not justify this. The people behind mobilising the right wing riots will be running their hands with people fighting back. That fuels the fire.

As I said. This is grim.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Good on them, as far as I'm concerned (if true). Zero tolerance for racist thugs running rampant, and there's a hell of lot more of decent folk than these idiots.
Kick them to the kerb...immediately.
Utterly shocking! Machetes, knives and bats ‘good on them’ you say. Wow

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well let’s bang them up too. Just because morons are trashing your town and attacking people they see as the same as you does not justify this. The people behind mobilising the right wing riots will be running their hands with people fighting back. That fuels the fire.

As I said. This is grim.
Its grim and the lack of riot police opposing those openly carrying weapons can only be used on social media to fuel.

The news only saying far right - only enflames.

This is a shit show

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Is this true? Is there evidence. Actual evidence not lots of people telling lies like they did about stabbings today?
Not hard to search ‘Stoke’ in the search bar. Multiple videos from all sorts of people of a large group carrying machetes and bats

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People who have lethal weapons readily to hand are decent people? You've gone fully mask off here
Yup.

The decent people aren’t on the streets at all. They’re quietly tidying up afterwards.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There is other videos with machetes etc if @WATFORDO wants to look.

I'm just reporting , like say its a shit show both sides , hope its reported as that

Not sure how this ends other than Police somehow getting on top and temporarily stopping. Alot are on the streets due to media reporting and none of this helps.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone see the lone black guy getting a kicking, I think in Manchester, by racist oafs?

The main culprit should be easy to trace down the line. GBH with intent, with the racist aggravating factor. Looking at lengthy time inside.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
You must be absolutely lapping X up at the moment.
I’m in the exact same camp it seems as @Napper . I do not represent or advocate either group at all! And I’m not arguing the case in favour of the British protesters or the counter protests.

I’m arguing the case of having equality of reporting in the media, equality in the way that it is policed on both sides during and after the event, and I’m providing balance to a thread that is heavily in favour of one side

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How do you know this 1) Stoke and 2) today?

The account that has posted it has posted one video
theres is thousands of things going around that make both sides look bad.

If you stray from sky news and BBC its all there to see

If covid taught us anything , its to use non mainstream media for balanced info

anyway I'm done for the eve , suspect my posting will get twisted into me being on extreme side which couldnt be further from truth

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m in the exact same camp it seems as @Napper . I do not represent or advocate either group at all! And I’m not arguing the case in favour of the British protesters or the counter protests.

I’m arguing the case of having equality of reporting in the media, equality in the way that it is policed on both sides during and after the event, and I’m providing balance to a thread that is heavily in favour of one side
Heavily in favour of the side against extremist violence.

Youre insistence that the MSM reporting isn’t fair, policing isn’t fair is all its own narrative you’ve chosen to follow.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not hard to search ‘Stoke’ in the search bar. Multiple videos from all sorts of people of a large group carrying machetes and bats
1722709284411.png

I wouldn’t say these accounts accounts are independent of each other

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

To be clear, and there's no way I can express how strongly I feel about this, the people you describe as "British protesters" do not represent me, do not represent the British people, and do not represent any sort of coherent view that anybody with a functioning brain could get behind.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

1722709332109.png

anyway I'm done for the eve , suspect my posting will get twisted into me being on extreme side which couldnt be further from truth
Im challenging the authenticity of this, Twitter posts are notoriously difficult to qualify, could well be true but I’ll reserve judgment

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

weapons , easy to find if looking - media wont report though

shouting allah akbar , thats in stoke , plenty more of both sides out looking for it.

Allahu Akbar is chant that is used in praise and thanksgiving. A bit like a Christian saying 'Jesus is Lord'

If these folk are out looking for trouble and in possession of knives then they should be treated in the same way and probably will be. I would be surprised if the media doesn't pick it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here