Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
source? because we can't be to careful, can we?
I was just doing a quick search to see what was going on in Stoke and there's pretty easily findable photos and videos of two blokes looking in a pretty bad way in Stoke. with claims they were either stabbed or hit with hammers by "Muslims gangs". I won't post them here.

Other videos show large groups of, for the sake of a description, "non-white" men, in Stoke patrolling around.

It's all a bit two plus two equals something, I appreciate.

Feels like a bit of a vicious circle from here. The far-right agitators will be making the most of any supposed Muslim-on-white attacks to stir up fear and provoke revenge attacks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But here is the crux of the issue. If you have less immigrants, you will have less tax intake and less to spend on services. If you increase immigration you increase tax intake and then have more to spend on services (based on the assumption that you have a Government in power that wants to increase spending on services and not give it to their mates).

And I know I've said it before, but ees complicated and anyone who tells you different is lying. Sorry

It would be good to have a proper discussion about the facts and options for immigration in the UK but you and I know it wouldn't last 5 minutes :shootself
But the idea of constant expansion and constant economic progress is killing humanity. It's why we are also killing a lot of the planet. One reason that many of the fault lines exist which are causing a huge number of people to move around the planet. Anyone doing this for a better life or to help their family back home is taking action that's totally understandable. However for the long term health of the planet, until we discover limitless and costless energy use and marry it to sustainable consumer habits, we are screwing up the chances for each ensuing generation. We need to find a better way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But the idea of constant expansion and constant economic progress is killing humanity. It's why we are also killing a lot of the planet. One reason that many of the fault lines exist which are causing a huge number of people to move around the planet. Anyone doing this for a better life or to help their family back home is taking action that's totally understandable. However for the long term health of the planet, until we discover limitless and costless energy use and marry it to sustainable consumer habits, we are screwing up the chances for each ensuing generation. We need to find a better way.

In essence, environmentalists and Green’s argue this. The only people who argue against the relentless pursuit of economic growth for growth’s sake.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I can see your reasons for thinking that way, and can't argue against what you've said even if my decision would be different. So you're for less immigration and manage less services accordingly. Fair enough and a very good case :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can see your reasons for thinking that way, and can't argue against what you've said even if my decision would be different. So you're for less immigration and manage less services accordingly. Fair enough and a very good case :thumbsup:
I think we should all be prepared to tighten our belts and accept that the gravy train is ending. Do I believe it will happen? Nope. And as far as immigrants are concerned, if they are here legally then good luck to them. I have probably over 10 foreign nationalities in my wider family, love and appreciate them all. As for the immigrants here, everything should be done to educate everyone and integrate all communities together to aid cohesion. As someone said earlier here, once a person knows and has friends outside of their bubble, then understanding and friendship has a chance to flourish. I always think of Voltaire in times like this, 'I think of all men as my brothers' and I wish that ideal was more greatly appreciated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
source is twitter , certainly 2 blokes been attacked and stabbed etc , one looked in a bad way. More to come I expect
Given the stuff which is being thrown around might be a stray brick or metal pole? Who knows? All I know for sure is that Twitter isn’t a news source.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A man was knocked unconscious after he fell backwards in Blackpool and hit his head on the ground.

Another man drove his motorbike at a crowd before officers arrived, the Press Association reported.

The protest in the town moved towards St John's Square where punks attending the Rebellion festival were gathered.

There was "little, if any, police presence when skirmishes broke out between demonstrators and punks, with bottles and chairs being thrown and wood wielded", PA said.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

The solooshun is simple we just knead to copy donald trump

1: Build a wall it worked in the US so it will work in the Chanel
2: Drill drill drill

Regards

DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A man was knocked unconscious after he fell backwards in Blackpool and hit his head on the ground.ANd

Another man drove his motorbike at a crowd before officers arrived, the Press Association reported.

The protest in the town moved towards St John's Square where punks attending the Rebellion festival were gathered.

There was "little, if any, police presence when skirmishes broke out between demonstrators and punks, with bottles and chairs being thrown and wood wielded", PA said.

And yet another, Source ? :facepalm:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I was just doing a quick search to see what was going on in Stoke and there's pretty easily findable photos and videos of two blokes looking in a pretty bad way in Stoke. with claims they were either stabbed or hit with hammers by "Muslims gangs". I won't post them here.

Other videos show large groups of, for the sake of a description, "non-white" men, in Stoke patrolling around.

It's all a bit two plus two equals something, I appreciate.

Feels like a bit of a vicious circle from here. The far-right agitators will be making the most of any supposed Muslim-on-white attacks to stir up fear and provoke revenge attacks.
indeed, it may well be a long summer

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
POST THE LINK :facepalm:

10,000 AND 20,000 POSTS AND UNABLE TO POST A LINK

Sorry, you may unfairly be getting stick from a grumpy old git, but without a link to the actual source of these things it's just uncorroborated ramblings by some stranger on social media :shrug:
It's not ramblings, it's pretty easy to find, also now on The Guardian.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Given the stuff which is being thrown around might be a stray brick or metal pole? Who knows? All I know for sure is that Twitter isn’t a news source.
Probably not but I've seen the videos with both sides walking about openly with weapons

Tonight wont be pretty

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The police aren't messing around:

Northumbria Police says "doors have been put in" and further arrests made after "violent disorder in Sunderland".

It said warrants were carried out in Sunderland city centre and an "address in the ford estate area of the city".

"Two people were arrested - a woman aged 43 on suspicion of violent disorder, and a man aged 55 on suspicion of provoking violence," the force said.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's not ramblings, it's pretty easy to find, also now on The Guardian.

I'm sorry, but each time you post something on here, I'm not going to run round trying to find where you got it from.

Presumably when you read it, it was in the address bar at the top of the page. If you could copy and paste that in your subsequent post on NSC the source will give an indication of what weight may be associated with your post depending on whether the source is a recognised news agency or Roger on twitter in his bedroom in Bolton.

Some people (and I'm certainly not suggesting yourself, simply make things up or don't want to disclose the dubious source of their 'story'). I'm trying to do my little bit to ensure stop 'lies getting halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on' on social media (I know i'm on a hiding to nothing).

Indeed you may find posts on this very thread were sources were requested and not forthcoming :wink:

Thanks

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here