Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, the far right are indeed simpletons, and they really should be given short shrift.
And we should never pander to them and their hurty feelings.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A roof over your head isn’t a benefit?
Most would refer to it as a basic human right. What else should we deny people arriving in this country, water? Food? Sleep?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Precisely the point he stupidly made. Labelling a massive proportion of the electorate as such is naive at best, incompetent at worst. He’s made it impossible to be anywhere on the right other than ‘far right’. If you disagree with him, labour, or anyone on the left at all you are immediately far right. Keep telling people they are far right and eventually they will act as such.
Labour are never going to harvest votes from the far right, so why should Starmer be nice to them?

Especially when they have been on the streets rioting, injuring the police and behaving like tuppenny ha'penny wankas?

Who cares about their hurty feelings?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Precisely the point he stupidly made. Labelling a massive proportion of the electorate as such is naive at best, incompetent at worst. He’s made it impossible to be anywhere on the right other than ‘far right’. If you disagree with him, labour, or anyone on the left at all you are immediately far right. Keep telling people they are far right and eventually they will act as such.
If people on the right don’t want to be tarred as all being extremists then they need to do more to weed out the extremists within their own community.

That’s how they’ve told us it has to work for other minorities.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
looks like plenty more marches planned today across the country
Hopefully we can get some water cannons and soap to give them all a good wash while they’re out there

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perfect. Completely understandable. Others would say people like me, which although having comedy value, just alienates others.
Post deleted on advice of the more observant

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most would refer to it as a basic human right. What else should we deny people arriving in this country, water? Food? Sleep?
I agree with you.

It does however beg the question why we have homeless people (mostly white males) sleeping rough. My understanding is this is when mental health and substance abuse issues stop people actively engaging with the system that will house them. Happy to be corrected.

I would be astonished if it were the case that the state is legally obliged to put a roof over the head of 'illegal' immigrants, but not our 'own' homeless people. Again, happy (well, not happy) top be corrected.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I agree with you.

It does however beg the question why we have homeless people (mostly white males) sleeping rough. My understanding is this is when mental health and substance abuse issues stop people actively engaging with the system that will house them. Happy to be corrected.

I would be astonished if it were the case that the state is legally obliged to put a roof over the head of 'illegal' immigrants, but not our 'own' homeless people. Again, happy (well, not happy) top be corrected.
I don’t think it is a requirement if the state to house anyone, I would argue it should be but that’s a much different discussion with many different factors involved.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I agree with you.

Always my understanding. There are places to stay for free (hence frustration at beggars on tube / train saying they are £15 a night) as long as you are sober etc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Let’s play a little game.

Which of these counts as an illegal immigrant

1) someone crossing the channel in a boat and claiming asylum when they arrive
2) someone travelling from Heathrow to america using someone else’s passport.

I will give a helping hand. Tommy Robinson has done time for the one that actually is illegal immigration.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Back then of course we never had IRA attacks PLUS murderous knife attacks on innocent children by the mentally ill.

Perhaps it’s Thatcher’s fault?
So all the heinous crimes against children back then didn’t happen, or neither Hindley or Brady were mentally ill, or Dunblane was a gun rather than a knife…no one is ever sure what you’re actually trying to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here