Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So can I just check, the chap seen in Sunderland with the swastika tattoo, are we allowed to call him far right or is that somehow Keir Starmer levels of wrong?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t think there is one solution in this thread it’s now going back and forth the protesters are morons, the immigrants who work for the NHS are lovely people.

The whole immigration entry system needs an over haul far to many people whom we have no knowledge about have got in through the back door.
Sort that problem first you can’t come here without enough money to support yourself and over a skill that’s required. Send a clear message there are to be zero benefits for new arrivals you are wasting your time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In legal proceedings what went before, extreme violence on repeat, will be very relevant. The police aren’t emotionless punchbags. In the moment one reacted with violence back.

The virtue signallers and police haters (one admits that he his) all disappeared when the full story emerged. Turns out the race card was baloney too.

If a copper kicked a rioting fascist who’d been part of a family smashing cowards punches into the skull of a copper, there would not have been a mass nsc pile on.
Without wanting to derail the thread, the full story still hasn’t been made public. The mother was racially abused, right at the start of the incident, whilst still on the plane, nudged/rammed with a baggage trolley (seemingly by the same persons, the sons then had an altercation with said person, the police then went to grab them at the ticket machine etc etc.
Even then, I still have t got the full story.

Back on track.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So can I just check, the chap seen in Sunderland with the swastika tattoo, are we allowed to call him far right or is that somehow Keir Starmer levels of wrong?
Can never get my head around things like that. Presumably during the war he thought ‘we’ were on the wrong side ? 😵‍💫

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can never get my head around things like that. Presumably during the war he thought ‘we’ were on the wrong side ? 😵‍💫
Unfortunately this is the level of stupidity that, according to some on this thread, expect others to cuddle and try to understand.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Send a clear message there are to be zero benefits for new arrivals you are wasting your time.
It should, of course, be pointed out that immigrants do not receive benefits in this country after arrival.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is amazing how people think this is all about immigration. During the 70s and 80s there was close to negative migration but the far right/national front etc was incredibly popular. Whisper it quietly but these people rioting just want a vehicle to ride for their racism. If we stopped immigration it would be something else.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It should, of course, be pointed out that immigrants do not receive benefits in this country after arrival.
The problem is social media again, where claims of luxury 4* hotels, free housing, and benefits.
A bloke in the QT audience proudly stated he saw immigrants walking up the beach, straight into the Benefits Office. :facepalm:

Somebody has groomed him into really believing this nonsense, to the point of making a complete fool of himself on national tv.

I used the term grooming intentionally.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
(Remainer here) the immigration floodgates were opened as ONS figures show, the numbers are huge. Personally I welcomed the hard working eastern Europeans and still do. But little infrastructure was built to adjust in terms of huge programmes of housing, schools, additional hospital capacity, GP’s, transport.

It was very laissez faire, very British with no top down planning.
Britain was very laissez faire, and I’m including Blair/Brown in this as well as Cameron.

Article 7 in the EU states going to work in another state, has to have private insurance for three months, and also to have paid work within three months.
It was never implemented in Britain, even though it was available, ergo uncontrolled immigration.

Laissez faire indeed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In legal proceedings what went before, extreme violence on repeat, will be very relevant. The police aren’t emotionless punchbags. In the moment one reacted with violence back.

The virtue signallers and police haters (one admits that he his) all disappeared when the full story emerged. Turns out the race card was baloney too.

If a copper kicked a rioting fascist who’d been part of a family smashing cowards punches into the skull of a copper, there would not have been a mass nsc pile on.
There would, from me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, and discussed on another thread. All the countries you mention have a similar problem:
Pensioners living longer
Negative birth rates
Reliance of economic growth (that goes hand in hand with population growth)

If each of these western governments needs evidence of growth to demonstrate their economic competence - they also need population growth and immigration.

Why else following Brexit has there been so much legal immigration? The Tories have banged on about ‘stopping the boats’ while leaving the harbour open.

Sadly though, blaming immigrants and foreigners is probably as old as human beings forming the first tribes.
Blaming foreigners and praying to god. Both are human traditions. Not everything humans do is rational. Or right.

Maybe I'm lucky, never having been troubled by such foolishness (as an adult).

I have no sympathy for those that are.

boik

Where places have exceptionally high proportion of immigrants and have lots of deprivation e.g. Skegness and Boston areas you find high anti immigrant sentiment and they will get elected. Otherwise it tends to be an indirect correlation I.e. the more immigrants you have the less likely you are to dislike them. And areas with very few immigrants are firmly against them. Lots has been written about this phenomenon and is often called contact theory. Having friends from “outgroup” makes you more positive towards them.
As Stewart Lee's opening line in his "Islamaphobia"................. "Like most people, I hate all muslims. Excepet for the ones I've met who all seem very nice".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And three meals a day and clothing, heating and so on. Some don't even get that
Luckily for some of those protesting they’ll get the same benefits in prison

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t think there is one solution in this thread it’s now going back and forth the protesters are morons, the immigrants who work for the NHS are lovely people.

The whole immigration entry system needs an over haul far to many people whom we have no knowledge about have got in through the back door.
Sort that problem first you can’t come here without enough money to support yourself and over a skill that’s required. Send a clear message there are to be zero benefits for new arrivals you are wasting your time.
The back door is a red herring. The vast majority of immigrants are here legally. The only 'overhaul' possible is to block even more of the people coming here to populate essential services.

We could of course increase salaries for doctors, nurses and others to fill vacancies with indigenous people, but that would cause a massive backlash, particularly among those who want to block immigration. Oh the irony.

At least we no longer hear white people whining they can't get a job because of Foringers. Although maybe they do that in places like Sunderland and Hartlepool. I am out of touch with the thoughts of the ignorant feral white underclass.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here