Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest Outside St James Park

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
***NEWS FLASH*** There has been football in this country since before 1992. Since the 1880s, in fact. And if we're quoting statistics, then since 1955 Newcastle have won, err, the FA Youth Cup and the Intertoto Cup.

Having 52,000 lemmings turn up week in week out to watch you does not make you a big club.

Will they get 52,000 next season? :shrug:

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Just an idle thought, but, given his obvious powers of motivation and organisation, I wonder how our own Mr Slade would have fared in turning round that bunch of big-time Charlies. It certainly didn't take him long to suss out the slackers in the Albion team.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
To the tune of Blaydon Races;

They all went down to Villa Park
Twas the 24th May
Hoping god would smile on them upon the Sabbath Day
Proud as punch in stripey shirts, cream of the Geordie Nation
Ganning along to Birmingham, to see the relegation

Oh me lands, you should've seen them crying
Watching the shambles on the pitch, premier dreams a'dying
All the lads and lasses there, all had gloomy facs
Going down the Championship with all of Shearers aces

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How man mutha man.
Ye knaa what ah mean leik.
Eeeh man, ahm gannin te the booza.
Whees i' the netty?
Gan canny or we'll dunsh summick

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
And people wonder why others are pleased/happy to see Newcastle relegated

Damian Duff
"No disrespect to the Championship but Newcastle are too big a club to be down there. I plan on being straight back up after next season."

Mr Duff might be in for a bit of a shock come next year

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And people wonder why others are pleased/happy to see Newcastle relegated

Damian Duff
"No disrespect to the Championship but Newcastle are too big a club to be down there. I plan on being straight back up after next season."

Mr Duff might be in for a bit of a shock come next year

I seem to recall Leeds players/fans saying something similar :lolol:

Do they have a website where one can go and take the piss until they get found out and banned?

ashley-cry-caricature-m.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they drop down into League 1 their only local derby will be against Hartlepool :laugh:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Good grief! Those of us who have been around for a very long time remember when Wolverhampton Wanderers was a MASSIVE club - certainly ahead of the likes of Newcastle.

When the idea of a European club competition was first floated, one of the main campaigners for this, Gabriel Hanot, editor of L'Équipe, wrote thus:-

"Before we declare that Wolverhampton Wanderers are invincible, let them go to Moscow and Budapest. And there are other internationally renowned clubs: A.C. Milan and Real Madrid to name but two. A club world championship, or at least a European one — larger, more meaningful and more prestigious than the Mitropa Cup and more original than a competition for national teams — should be launched".

Wolves ... not Manchester United, not Chelsea, not Liverpool, not Spurs. WOLVES.

i think what's interesting about this point, is that in the period since newcastle has not won a major trophy!!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I Agree its good to see smaller teams survive as we may be in that position at some point, put for the premiership I believe newcastle going down weakens it significantly we have teams like wolves/Burnley replacing M'boro and Newcastle which is a shame really

Wolves and Burnley have both won the league far more recently than Newcastle (actually within living memory for some of our older posters I should imagine), and as 'boro's only contribution to footballing history is winning the League Cup once I don't see how the Premier League would miss them at all. The Premier League won't be "weaker" without Newcastle - you never know the promoted teams might be stiffer competition for the other teams in the league!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here