Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest Outside St James Park

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Suggesting that fans shouldn't revel in other's misery seems slightly naive - show me fans of any club that don't gloat when they are winning, it's just part of being a football fan.

Of course I don't think that football fans should NEVER gloat, but I see no way in which the Newcastle situations effects us at all. We didn't relegate them, they weren't relegated instead of us and we won't be in their league next year. What's the big issue then?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Hope Ashley quits and sell's them to a foreign bloke who puts no money in at all. Not his fault they brought shit players and players who really didn't give two hoots. He has cleared the debt and put a fair few quid in and all he gets is abuse.

Nice to see you've changed your comments from what they originally said. :nono:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Of course I don't think that football fans should NEVER gloat, but I see no way in which the Newcastle situations effects us at all. We didn't relegate them, they weren't relegated instead of us and we won't be in their league next year. What's the big issue then?

But you've carefully ignored the whole rest of my post which I think answers your question as well as I could.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Tedious...

Who is the worst "newcomer" NF9 or this ninja bloke?

You have the audacity to call him tedious yet you and many others seem to jump on me at every attempt, for posted rubbish because you don't like my views, If You & Others are really that bothered about my posts that you seem to object too you should get your priorities straight afterall, this isnt REAL LIFE.:thumbsup:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I thought Newcastle were shocking today. The passing was poor, and they deserved to lose the game, and over the season, they deserved to go down. I am not happy or gloating, but I am pleased for Hull, it's good to see smaller clubs can survive in the Premiership.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I thought Newcastle were shocking today. The passing was poor, and they deserved to lose the game, and over the season, they deserved to go down. I am not happy or gloating, but I am pleased for Hull, it's good to see smaller clubs can survive in the Premiership.

I Agree its good to see smaller teams survive as we may be in that position at some point, put for the premiership I believe newcastle going down weakens it significantly we have teams like wolves/Burnley replacing M'boro and Newcastle which is a shame really

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Newcastle fans are constantly protesting about things which is the reason they're in this mess. Ever since they got on Allardyce's back after only a couple of months in the job the club's gone into freefall. They deserve relegation.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Di anyone hear Alan Shearers interview with Sky Sports after the game? I thought he was abviously a bit peed off, but he had a go at their chaiman 2 or 3 times. Once when he said: "The players in the dressing room, where blaming Mike Ashley, and then the tea lady, ect, ect", or something like that, and then he went on to say: "The club needs changing from top to bottom".

I dont think they get on personaly.

I Agree its good to see smaller teams survive as we may be in that position at some point, put for the premiership I believe newcastle going down weakens it significantly we have teams like wolves/Burnley replacing M'boro and Newcastle which is a shame really
Good grief! Those of us who have been around for a very long time remember when Wolverhampton Wanderers was a MASSIVE club - certainly ahead of the likes of Newcastle.

When the idea of a European club competition was first floated, one of the main campaigners for this, Gabriel Hanot, editor of L'Équipe, wrote thus:-

"Before we declare that Wolverhampton Wanderers are invincible, let them go to Moscow and Budapest. And there are other internationally renowned clubs: A.C. Milan and Real Madrid to name but two. A club world championship, or at least a European one — larger, more meaningful and more prestigious than the Mitropa Cup and more original than a competition for national teams — should be launched".

Wolves ... not Manchester United, not Chelsea, not Liverpool, not Spurs. WOLVES.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good grief! Those of us who have been around for a very long time remember when Wolverhampton Wanderers was a MASSIVE club - certainly ahead of the likes of Newcastle.

When the idea of a European club competition was first floated, one of the main campaigners for this, Gabriel Hanot, editor of L'Équipe, wrote thus:-

"Before we declare that Wolverhampton Wanderers are invincible, let them go to Moscow and Budapest. And there are other internationally renowned clubs: A.C. Milan and Real Madrid to name but two. A club world championship, or at least a European one — larger, more meaningful and more prestigious than the Mitropa Cup and more original than a competition for national teams — should be launched".

Wolves ... not Manchester United, not Chelsea, not Liverpool, not Spurs. WOLVES.

not to mention that both Burnley and Wolves have won the league more recently than newcastle

Apart from anything else ... the site of Molineux stadium was originally owned by the Northampton Brewery, that was in turn owned by a bloke called Pickering Phipps ...

... who was related to Roz's great great grandfather.

... which should have made her considerably richer than Tony Bloom.

... if the money hadn't ended up in some other branch of the family.

Oh, well.

:(

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I find the GLOATING at Newcastle fans unbelievable to be honest. Why do people take such delight in the failings of a club who have been in the Premiership for all but one season, who played some of the best football during the late 1990s, who have been in Europe for ten out of the last thirteen seasons, who bring JOY to the vast majority of the people in the city?

How would people like it if the tables were turned and we were in their situation? How would everyone react to fans from a club who aren't in the same division (either now or next season) and who aren't rivals, taking joy in our failings? Personally, I would find it unnecessary and hard to stomach.

Given our past I thought that Albion fans would have more compassion towards a group of fans who love their football but have been taken for numerous rides by chairmen and other board members. Obviously not.

I am not saying that everyone should feel SORRY for Newcastle fans, but taking such unbridled JOY in their failings is something that I don't want to be part of.

Have i missed RITCHIE changing his name AGAIN..?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
not to mention that both Burnley and Wolves have won the league more recently than newcastle

When I first started following football, Burnley were in the top flight. Was Ralph Coates there before he went to Spurs. Steve Kindon, Steve Daley, Martin Dobson, Andy Lochhead and Leighton James were all around in those days.Not a bad team.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

true, but then Newcastle nearly won the premiershite which is no doubt seen as more important...football only started in 1992...

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

Have the other teams you mention not done better in European competitions than Wolves?

A solitary losing appearance in the first ever UEFA Cup Final in 1972 is hardly the record of a 'massive' club...

And what of Newcastle's disposal of Upjest Dozsa in the 1969 Inter Cities Fairs Cup Final?

Btw I had a Wolves shirt as a nine year old, so they must have made some impact :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here