Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest Outside St James Park

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
It's lucky Tony Bloom is a BHA fan, as he could probably buy NU for what he's just splashed on Falmer ;)

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Against Ashley I assume? Players really have to look at themselves as well, some really shocking performances from players that were once seen as quality premiership players.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I lived up Newcastle years ago. They are the only team other than the Albion that I've supported in any way.

But
The Newcastle fans believe they are special and have the title on passion. Like hell - they lost their claim on that when they let that Shepherd fool get away with insulting them all the other season. Any other team's supporters (not just us) would have run him out of town, money or not.

Crying now is too late.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They should have stuck with big Sam. They have only themselves to blame (the board that is)

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I stood on The Gallowgate End one Saturday afternoon as a teenager and saw Malcolm McDonald knock a couple in...

Thighs like oaks as I recall

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I find the GLOATING at Newcastle fans unbelievable to be honest. Why do people take such delight in the failings of a club who have been in the Premiership for all but one season, who played some of the best football during the late 1990s, who have been in Europe for ten out of the last thirteen seasons, who bring JOY to the vast majority of the people in the city?

How would people like it if the tables were turned and we were in their situation? How would everyone react to fans from a club who aren't in the same division (either now or next season) and who aren't rivals, taking joy in our failings? Personally, I would find it unnecessary and hard to stomach.

Given our past I thought that Albion fans would have more compassion towards a group of fans who love their football but have been taken for numerous rides by chairmen and other board members. Obviously not.

I am not saying that everyone should feel SORRY for Newcastle fans, but taking such unbridled JOY in their failings is something that I don't want to be part of.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I find the GLOATING at Newcastle fans unbelievable to be honest. Why do people take such delight in the failings of a club who have been in the Premiership for all but one season, who played some of the best football during the late 1990s, who have been in Europe for ten out of the last thirteen seasons, who bring JOY to the vast majority of the people in the city?

How would people like it if the tables were turned and we were in their situation? How would everyone react to fans from a club who aren't in the same division (either now or next season) and who aren't rivals, taking joy in our failings? Personally, I would find it unnecessary and hard to stomach.

Given our past I thought that Albion fans would have more compassion towards a group of fans who love their football but have been taken for numerous rides by chairmen and other board members. Obviously not.

I am not saying that everyone should feel SORRY for Newcastle fans, but taking such unbridled JOY in their failings is something that I don't want to be part of.

They are not going out of business. Thats the difference. They got relagated and from what i hear are going to win "5-0" at every game. They wont. Thats why its funny.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
They are not going out of business. Thats the difference. They got relagated and from what i hear are going to win "5-0" at every game. They wont. Thats why its funny.

I didn't say they were. I just don't see the point of taking such joy in their failings. We are not rivals with them so what's the point?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
610x.jpg

ferk arhh yu ferk ohhh boy

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't say they were. I just don't see the point of taking such joy in their failings. We are not rivals with them so what's the point?

It's partly the media's fault as well, but certainly all this season there has been an impression that the likes of Newcastle are too good to go down. It's also the way that the reasoning that it would be a disaster for such a big football club, in a city where everyone talks about NUFC - it's hard to stomach for fans of other clubs that don't happen to be obese, have their club's tatoos and take their shirt off. Sky don't like admitting football happens below the Premiership, and all the talk has been as if Newcastle would cease to exist if they went down. Relegation and promotion have always been part of football and yet Sky would like it if it ceased to exist - Newcastle will have good days again.

Plus, the fact is that we always like the underdogs, and by the sae token seeing a rich, well supported, 'established' Premiership club having a difficult time is always going to be midly entertaining at least. Suggesting that fans shouldn't revel in other's misery seems slightly naive - show me fans of any club that don't gloat when they are winning, it's just part of being a football fan. It would be much better for the other Championship teams if Hull went down, but I bet they'd much prefer to see Newcastle at the Keepmoat!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope Ashley quits and sell's them to a foreign bloke who puts no money in at all. Not his fault they brought shit players and players who really didn't give two hoots. He has cleared the debt and put a fair few quid in and all he gets is abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here