Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Programs

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Out of interest, what do people get out of buying a programme? I've never bought home programmes, and only occasionally buy away ones, but that more out of "something to read" than anything else and they usually end up in the bin.

Just reached for the Watford game programme.
The things that I really enjoy about the programme are:

Will Buckley's beautiful face gazing at me from the front cover
Wonderful range of pictures
Interviews with players, managers and people at the club (In this one Noone, El-Abd, Helge Riepenhof, Buckley, Neil Paton and Elphick)
'Cult Heroes', gives me an insight into the players who I'm not old enough to have seen play
Banter, banter, banter - childish yet funny football stories
The Albion Alphabet
LOVELY STATS

All in 82 pages of quality paper, well worth £3.50 if you ask me.

Plus the front cover has a matt finish which I especially like. Too many programmes are glossy and consequently look cheap and tacky.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
For some people programmes enhance the matchday experience, for others they don't.

I used to never fail to buy one, adding to a huge collection which is now boxed up in the loft and rarely see the light of day. And this was my problem, having such a quantity and not really doing anything with them once they've been read.

About 5 years ago I decided not to continue buying them. Not because of the cost, content, adverts, quality, writers, but because I didn't want to store any more. I didn't miss not buying them, they weren't a crucial part of my day out. I probably only get one at the start of a season, Christmas and then last match.

What people seem to be forgetting is that everyone has freedom of choice. No-one forces you to buy a programme, it's your decision. If £4 is too much or you feel the quality is not good enough or you don't like a contributor, simple, DON'T BUY ONE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here