Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Programs

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I will sacrifice the programme to cover the increased cost of pies/pints. I don't really read them in great detail and most end up in the recycling 2-3 weeks after the game.

I appreciate this is revenue going to Azure and not the club, but personally meerting mates for a chat, a pie and a pint add more to the matchday experience than a programme.

Thought Saturday was poor for the price. Could have been a lot more info about pre-season as most people wouldn't have seen the games. I suppose interviews with Koosh, Bruno and Bridge will follow in later programmes.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Programmes are £3.50 this season as confirmed by a programme seller on Sat. I won't complain provided the quality is the same.

If we want our team to be challenging for promotion we all have to do our bit, we can't expect Tony to pay for everything.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Programmes are £3.50 this season as confirmed by a programme seller on Sat. I won't complain provided the quality is the same.

If we want our team to be challenging for promotion we all have to do our bit, we can't expect Tony to pay for everything.

Just turning up IS doing our bit.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Since the inception of big screens allied to mobile internet and pre-match and half time entertainment the actual matchday usage of a programme is much more limited and like others mine always seem to be destined for recycling within a week or two. Hopefully we keep the standard up because it really is a cracking publication compared to many but I think it is quite likely that I will buy a programme less often - although knowing me...............:rolleyes:

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
It's not like the old days, where a match programme and the argus were the only source of club news and were essential reading, the club website and nsc has all the info i need.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Shall we wait for the Cardiff game to find out the price and what its like then? Or shall we continue to bitch about drop in standard/price increase that hasn't actually happened....yet.

Good call. I don't know why but it continues to amaze me how so many NSC posters over react like a load of old women over issues like this.

Hmm, perhaps headless chickens is a more pc term than "old women".......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good call. I don't know why but it continues to amaze me how so many NSC posters over react like a load of old women over issues like this.

Hmm, perhaps headless chickens is a more pc term than "old women".......

your all wrong, i'ts all Barbers's falt :angry:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of interest, is there any factual evidence that Barber is responsible for:

£28 away end prices (last year they were £24 with no transport included)
£28 cheapest home ticket prices (last year they were £24 with no transport included I think) (are Brighton bus tickets £4?)
£4 programs (that are much poorer quality than last season)
£4 a pint for lager (well £3.60 if you are sensible)
£7.50 for a pie and a pint (I think that's the figure quoted by someone on here)
£30 for a friendly against the European Champions (which sold out)

and generally 8 & 28% increases on things accross the board.

Is it him that has personally decided on these rises? Were they on the cards anyway? Why does there seem to be a witch hunt against him on here?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

£28 cheapest home ticket prices (last year they were £24 with no transport included I think) (are Brighton bus tickets £4?)
£7.50 for a pie and a pint (I think that's the figure quoted by someone on here)

Is it him that has personally decided on these rises? Were they on the cards anyway? Why does there seem to be a witch hunt against him on here?

Good post. I'm amazed at all the bad feeling towards him by a lot of people on here.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yes, there was somebody who sits in a box who said he was told that this seasons' programme was going to be like the one we had on saturday. I forget his name, it was posted in the first thread about the programme from saturday. I sincerely hope we show up tomorrow night and we have last seasons gloriously made programme on sale for the FDM. If his programme is like saturdays one, it will be a massive shame. I understand the need to keep costs down and maximise profitiability, but it's like they're taking every single aspect of the Amex experience and making it slightly worse. If the programme is rubbish this season, I probably won't buy it and the pie pricing shambles is looking like meaning I won't have the pies either. When you consider they don't want everyone showing up at 2:30 and leaving immediately after the game, they're not going about it overly well.

It was me! Hello.

I was told in June when I visited the club that they were reducing the size of the programme and its complete format as production costs were going through the roof. I had been enquiring about an advert in there for my business you see. However, like you, I hope I'm proved wrong and it goes back to how it used to be. The difference in class was massive. I used to arrive almost two hours early to sit and read the programme over a pint and pie. Doubt I'll be doing either of those now!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
But I agree, let's wait and see what the Cardiff game has in store for us all rather than sitting here playing a guessing game. I know that Albion press officers come on here for a read so perhaps they will take some of our comments on board.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Exactly right. Barber has only been in the job a few weeks and some of those decisions will have been made by the board of directors before he arrived (travel) and by Azure (catering).
The fans want higher quality players and higher positioning in the League, expect Tony Bloom to fork out millions but grumble at a few quid here and there. I don't eat at the Amex, sometimes buy a programme and have a drink now and again. My travel costs have been included in my ticket instead of the vouchers I paid for previously. I don't particularly feel that I'm being ripped off but that's just my opinion.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Having amast a large and heavy collection of programmes since 1963, I have now come to the conclusion that most of their reference use has been replaced by the internet. OK, some of these programmes have some sentimenal vlue, but overall I have come to the conclusion that they are nowadays a waste of money. So for those people deciding not to pay the new prices, I don't think you'll regret it. If you also give up your pie and pint, you'll be saving roughly £250 a year, which will probably pay for the increase in season ticket prices next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
All the time the club is on the ascendancy, prices will increase across the board. The bean counters at the club will be monitoring fans expenditure and until a red line is crossed (it may happen, it may not) they won't be coming down. Success costs money, our money!!

As for the programme, I don't believe we will see an inferior edition for more money. Unless the club want to kill off the match day programme of course. :shrug:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Last season's programme was excellent and this was recognised by the programme collecting fraternity.

Programmes for friendlies will ALWAYS be much. much smaller than the usual issue, unless it's something really special (like the Tottenham game last year for example).

As someone has said, wait till the Cardiff programme before kicking off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here