• Nope, have not/will not get one

Votes: 89 78.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have 2 front row WSU seats but still don't see the merit in the PSL. As stated above...

1. I can't see why I won't be renewing at any point in time.
2. If I didn't want to renew, I really can't see why someone would want to pay £500, or more, for each of my seats when there is almost certainly going to be seats free of acquisition cost available from the club. The value of anything is only what someone is willing to pay, so you'd have to find someone who was willing to shell out to buy the PSL from you as well as simultaneously buy a season ticket from the club.

I suppose the only risk, and one I hadn't considered until I read this thread, is that at some point in the future the club re-classify the lower rows in the WSU into some sort of premium category. And, if they did, would a PSL necessarily protect against losing a seat when that happens?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, anythings possible I suppose. At the clubs descretion they could treble the cost of a season ticket and insist you attend the match dressed as Barney Rubble. On the whole though I genuinely don't believe the club are out to shaft us.

I agree. And I think it is highly unlikely Bloom will do this. I'm simply saying you do not have a right to you seat, hence the PSL.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well, anythings possible I suppose. At the clubs descretion they could treble the cost of a season ticket and insist you attend the match dressed as Barney Rubble. On the whole though I genuinely don't believe the club are out to shaft us.

I would agree if the ladies had to dress as Betty Rubble and the kids as BAMBAM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barney Rubble (and a leprechaun) beat me in last year's London marathon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just remembered there was a guy at our presentation who was interested in getting a PSL, as he was due to move to Manchester for a couple of years, but would be coming back to Sussex afterwards and wanted to "sub-let" his chosen season ticket seat to someone else for the couple of seasons he was away. The club were fine with this.

So presumably he'd own the PSL, the 3rd party would buy the season ticket for that seat for the season(s) this guy is away, but when he returned then he (as the PSL) would then oust the STH from his seat. Obviously he'd only be able to do this from the start of a new season, ie he'd have to buy his own season ticket, he wouldn't be able to "reclaim" it mid-season, unless he'd already agreed/arranged to buy the remainder of that season ticket from the STH.

A lot of faff though innit.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Exactly. Keep renewing it and there is no need for a PSL. Can't say I'm looking to profit from it or be fussed over who gets it if I ever decide not to renew so it's not for me.

They seem to have sold very well around the World though so perhaps it will catch on eventually

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
What's to stop someone buying a PSL, not renewing their seat the next season thus leaving the seat empty, then buying a season ticket elsewhere in the stadium (in a cheaper area) then gaining access to the stadium with their card and just sitting in the PSL seat?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What's to stop someone buying a PSL, not renewing their seat the next season thus leaving the seat empty, then buying a season ticket elsewhere in the stadium (in a cheaper area) then gaining access to the stadium with their card and just sitting in the PSL seat?

I would imagine that the PSL would lapse if you don't have a season ticket for that seat. Otherwise, over time, you could end up with loads of empty seats, and lost revenue for the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You give up your season ticket, you lose your PSL on that seat.
Simple.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
The PSL is yours for life! That's what you're paying for! You get a certificate and everything!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone actually received their license yet?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The PSL is yours for life! That's what you're paying for! You get a certificate and everything!

Sorry yes, you're right.
I can't see that they'd allow someone with an existing PSL to purchase another season ticket in their own name for another seat elsewhere in the stadium though. Every season ticket is in the name of an individual, you can't double-up and have more than one seat in your name surely.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Not if you don't pay for a season ticket its not

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now I'm confused !

Yes I think, from memory, if you do not renew your season ticket then you forfeit your PSL.

Otherwise the club would end up with an empty seat for life !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here