• Might buy one - depends on the presentation

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Nope, have not/will not get one

Votes: 89 78.1%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For those that have been to their presentation - have you brought one?

For those who have yet to have a presentation - do you think you might buy one?

Just intrigued by the numbers/popularity

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I couldn't see the point unless you have a pair, or even better a block of seats in a prime location. Otherwise if you want an odd one, or if you are not too fussed on location I can't see people paying much of a premium for them. There will often be seats available, and if it really does sell out regularly, they will try and expand the capacity (and hence reduce the price for oridinary PSLs... I guess PRIME location ones might always have a premium price attached??)

Anyway... we'll see when they open the 'market' for them... if they really look like taking off, you can always buy it later (although as a slightly higher price).

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Got one brought for me as a present, In the seat I've stated in my location, my brother has the one next to me.

Guess the idea was I guess if it does do well then two seats in the back row of the Northstand will be like gold dust.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In my opinion, a owning PSL will never be worthwhile unless we become an established Premier League club, expand the capacity to 30k, and are STILL regularly selling out. We're a long long off having waiting lists for season tickets.

It isn't impossible of course. But its a bit of a stretch.

I ummed and ahhed about one and then said yes.

Having been locked out of big games before (well Jimmy Case's testimonial) £500 seemed a small amount to guarantee me my seat (yes I know, on top of a ST) for life. And its MINE to sell on (NOT the club's).

I grant you that at this stage of 6-7000 crowds at Withers it might seem an extravagence but if the Gus Bus carries on like this, we may be a club like, say Leeds, and looking at top half Championship/bottom half Premier League games in ayera or two. And after all the suffering we've endured over the past 15 years, those are games i want to see!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
two seats in the back row of the northstand will be like gold dust! More like iron pyrates.

Personally, am waiting to see how season ticket sales go. If we sell out then PSL may be worth the investment but let's be honest, the valuable ones are going to be those near the front and at the halfway line in West Upper. Unfortunately, I'm in C block of west upper so don't see too much demand.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Having been locked out of big games before (well Jimmy Case's testimonial) £500 seemed a small amount to guarantee me my seat (yes I know, on top of a ST) for life. And its MINE to sell on (NOT the club's).

I grant you that at this stage of 6-7000 crowds at Withers it might seem an extravagence but if the Gus Bus carries on like this, we may be a club like, say Leeds, and looking at top half Championship/bottom half Premier League games in ayera or two. And after all the suffering we've endured over the past 15 years, those are games i want to see!

You CAN see those games... simply by renewing your season ticket each season. They won't sell a PSL for your seat to anyone else. And, I assume, the PSL is only yours for as long as someone does buy a ST for that seat - otherwise the club would be losing revenue.

To me, the only way to benefit from a PSL is to sell it. And I don't intend on giving up my ST for years to come.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I presume only the incumbent season ticket holder can by the PSL for the seat to which the season ticket pertains?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

But you are guaranteed a seat for every game provided you renew your ST, and if you don't renew your ST you'll lose your PSL anyway, so what have you gained?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You CAN see those games... simply by renewing your season ticket each season. They won't sell a PSL for your seat to anyone else. And, I assume, the PSL is only yours for as long as someone does buy a ST for that seat - otherwise the club would be losing revenue.

To me, the only way to benefit from a PSL is to sell it. And I don't intend on giving up my ST for years to come.

Exactly.
Its going to have no resale value whatsoever UNLESS the demand for future season tickets outstrips supply to the extent that we have waiting lists. Or if your seat is in a particularly valuable spot and someone wants to buy it off you. If you're intending to just keep renewing year-in, year-out though, then I really don't see the point of buying a PSL.

The only other instance I can think of where it *might* be useful is a few years down the line, if you have friends/family who decide to start going but cannot get tickets where you are sitting and so buy their tickets elsewhere in the stadium. If you wanted to join them, then you could sell your PSL (assuming there's a demand for it), and use the proceeds to buy your new season ticket elsewhere in the ground to join up with them.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Two friends of mine who support, and are STHs at different clubs (Chelsea and Watford), have both been adversely affected when the clubs extended the areas of their equivalents to the 1901 club to include my friends seats. The Watford STH was simply told he had to move to an inferior seat and the Chelsea STH was allowed to keep his seat for £6000 pa. If The Albion decided to get up to these tricks in the future would a STH be better protected if he/she had purchased a PSL?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not true.

Yes it is.
STH's will ALWAYS get first refusal on renewing their season ticket seat each year, as happens now. It will never be offered up as a PSL to someone else before you get the chance to renew. That was one misconception the club were keen to quash at the presentation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you are obiged to buy one if you are in the 1901 club? Either £500 for 5 years or £1000 for life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two friends of mine who support, and are STHs at different clubs (Chelsea and Watford), have both been adversely affected when the clubs extended the areas of their equivalents to the 1901 club to include my friends seats. The Watford STH was simply told he had to move to an inferior seat and the Chelsea STH was allowed to keep his seat for £6000 pa. If The Albion decided to get up to these tricks in the future would a STH be better protected if he/she had purchased a PSL?

I was assured that the seats for life, were exactly that and would not be moved under any circumstances, unlike Newcastle where they shifted premium seat holders to further down the stand to introduce more expensive super premium seat holders

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes it is.
STH's will ALWAYS get first refusal on renewing their season ticket seat each year, as happens now. It will never be offered up as a PSL to someone else before you get the chance to renew. That was one misconception the club were keen to quash at the presentation.

Whilst I admit it is highly unlikely Brighton would not invite you to renew your exact seat, this is not a right enshrined in contract. It's at the club's discretion. There are a few examples of clubs who have reconfigured their grounds and shunted punters about. Newcastle had a high profile case a few years back. I also think Leeds and Man U have done the same.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I admit it is highly unlikely Brighton would not invite you to renew your exact seat, this is not a right enshrined in contract. It's at the club's discretion. There are a few examples of clubs who have reconfigured their grounds and shunted punters about. Newcastle had a high profile case a few years back. I also think Leeds and Man U have done the same.

Well, anythings possible I suppose. At the clubs descretion they could treble the cost of a season ticket and insist you attend the match dressed as Barney Rubble. On the whole though I genuinely don't believe the club are out to shaft us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here