Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince William and Kate to become Duke and Duchess of Sussex

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I speak only for myself but I couldn't care less about their wedding so I certainly don't give a toss about the prospect of them being given some pretentious title relating to a place neither of them have any connections to whatsoever.

methinks you speak for many, both over there and over here.....

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I speak only for myself but I couldn't care less about their wedding so I certainly don't give a toss about the prospect of them being given some pretentious title relating to a place neither of them have any connections to whatsoever.

My mum has been Duchess of Sussex for many years,and I'm sure that's true for a lot of folks mums.

I agree with the sentiment.I just cannot raise any enthusiasm for this.

But William at least has a connection : he will one day be King and be our sovereign,including Sussex,and we will have to kiss his feet and generally be nice to him.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Monarchy debate to one side...

Surely the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex should be invited to the first league game and grand opening of Sussex's biggest and best stadium?

Would be sure to generate EVEN MORE publicity about our grand home coming too.

As he's a fan of Aston Villa, he's probably more likely to visit Villa Park than The Amex - should he ever have a spare Saturday afternoon.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I would much rather somebody tweeted 'let's abolish the anachronistic unelected parasites that calls itself the British Monarchy'.

Closely followed by 'let's abolish the anachronistic parasites that call themselves politicians'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here