Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince William and Kate to become Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I speak only for myself but I couldn't care less about their wedding so I certainly don't give a toss about the prospect of them being given some pretentious title relating to a place neither of them have any connections to whatsoever.

You speak for me too. Couldn't give a f*** about the wedding or their future titles, quite frankly.

both BITTER women and obviously JEALOUS that you're not the Princess :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they become Duke and Duchess of Sussex will they play GOSBTS at the wedding ?

Please please please let it be the Seagulls Ska version. It would be worth GOING just to hear that crap echoing around Westminster Abbey to the awestruck horror of the 15th Duke of Schleswig-Holstein von Unterschleider im Frankenhoffen, Princess Michael of Kent and six different Armstrong-Joneses :clap:

Even Elton John couldn't top that :lolol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If Sussex becomes a Duchy, do we have to pass it on the left hand side?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about the Duke of Crawley?

I don't think the rest of Sussex needs any Royal endorsement, but Crawley could use sprucing up, and it's not like most of us would be bothered it was removed from within the county boundaries. We'll just keep Gatwick Airport, for the jobs and money, but I could see Wills and Kate coming to rest in a nice pied a terre in Maidenbower Village, or perhaps the nicer side of Pound Hill.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I should really remember to not post on NSC when referring to British patriotism because I know what a bunch of political correctness numpties they really are.

Not everyone.

Living up here in the Midlands, at least the southern edge, the tv is full of stories of potteries in Stoke going into overtime to produce commemorative china-ware....now surely that is a good thing during the depths of a recession. You may not like or agree with the Royal Family but this wedding is going to generate a lot of interest around the World, and at a time when the pound is cheap to buy it could mean shed-loads of tourists.

Is anyone going to admit to advanced myopia and say that we should turn that boost down?

1066gull

these people who hate the royal family, are you going to say no to a public holiday?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
these people who hate the royal family, are you going to say no to a public holiday?

That's irrelevant, it's been granted anyway.

I'm not religious either but it doesn't mean I insist on working Easter Sunday or Christmas Day.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

So we are paying for a very rich family to have a party, but you are suggesting it would be hypocritical for us to enjoy that day off work?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So we are paying for a very rich family to have a party, but you are suggesting it would be hypocritical for us to enjoy that day off work?

Quite.

Perhaps we should all be bowing down and saying "thank you, oh thank you, your Majesty, for this bountiful gift of a day off for us poor common folk"?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If the economy of Sussex benefits in any way from Prince William becoming it's Duke then that has to be a positive move. The name of Sussex will be mentioned all over the world...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Were not paying for the party though are we?

Well I dunno the ins and outs, we are paying for the cost of policing it, which is an inevitable part of it taking place (I do understand that counter-argument would be that it is policing the PUBLIC, not the royals, but to me it is part of their wedding celebrations). There are probably other costs being incurred by the taxpayer, although I don't know so can't say.

All I'm saying is that given that the public is putting a lot of money towards it, I don't think its hypocritical of us to enjoy a day off even if we are anti-Monarchist. Anyways, given the nature of my job I will probably spend the day working one way or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here