Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Queen can't even lay a wreath, Harry and Meghan are spending Christmas in the States, Kate's got a houseful of sprogs, Charles has just turned 71 and Philip looks like he could peg it at any moment. This was the one moment when Andrew really needed to step up to the plate and shoulder some royal duties and he's f*cked it up big time. What an absolute waste of space.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
His 'departure' from Public Duties and charity work will surely allow him much more time to pursue his 'social' activities ! :ffsparr:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that Epstein's habits were well known quite some time ago, it was mentioned today that a Private Eye front cover in March 2011 was not to far from the truth, I won't post it here in case it causes Bozza some worries but, if you look up issue 1284 in the Private Eye Covers website all is revealed !

Ouch.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
8CCA8C1B-7A81-4A77-8305-C36CFCE65688.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Queen can't even lay a wreath, Harry and Meghan are spending Christmas in the States, Kate's got a houseful of sprogs, Charles has just turned 71 and Philip looks like he could peg it at any moment. This was the one moment when Andrew really needed to step up to the plate and shoulder some royal duties and he's f*cked it up big time. What an absolute waste of space.

Even Hyslop had hair in those days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[/B]

How do you know that this is true?
Because this country has always been royalist, which isn't surprising given the extent of the lickspittles that infect the establishment. A subtle example of this is how the BBC suppresses public outrage by never allowing a HYS section on controversial royal stories. Look at the lead item on their site.

I guarantee you that this story will melt away, and Prince Andrew will not face any charges even if it becomes blindingly obvious that he at least has a case to answer. I'd argue we've probably already reached that point with today's revelations.

And then it will all be back to normal, and people in this country will go back to comparing our unelected bloated privileged head of state family favourably to foreign elected heads of state with dumb arguments like "would you rather have Donald Trump?".

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
So Andrew is 'stepping back from Royal duties for the foreseeable future'...

Does this mean that as he is no longer working for Britain plc, we the taxpayer, no longer have to pay him?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He added that he was "willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required".

Code for, "I'll sing like a canary for immunity." The pervy grass.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
250 k from mum and 22k from army pension which is very nice but it still doesn’t cover you for flying first class and staying on amazing islands etc etc,.... nearly all year round unless you............

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
He won't be held to account even if he is proved to be a rapist. The royals are above the law in this country. Most people are happy with this though.

I don't think most people would care if Andrew got put away.On the back of the killer of Harry Dunn walking free this has come at a really bad time.No-one but no-one should be above the law however the irony that the US wouldn't give us Harrys killer so we won't give them Andy.

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019

Does this mean that as he is no longer working for Britain plc, we the taxpayer, no longer have to pay him?

Was thinking exactly the same.He should not get a penny.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
The University of Huddersfield says the Duke of York is stepping down with immediate effect.
More organisations have also announced they are cutting ties with the prince.
The Outward Bound Trust - a network of outdoor education schools - confirmed he was no longer involved with the organisation.
It said: "The board of The Outward Bound Trust has today [Thursday] accepted the resignation as Patron of HRH The Duke of York following his announcement yesterday that he will be withdrawing from public duties for the foreseeable future."
The Association of Leading Visitor Attractions - which represents tourist sites such as museums, galleries and historic houses across the UK - said the prince was no longer its president.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-50507521

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

That's correct although you will be still be:

1) Funding the person funding him
2) Paying for his security (*)

(*) Excludes all costs including (and not limited to) correctional officer wages, rolling tobacco, phone cards, guard dogs chew etc.. incurred by the Louisiana State Penitentiary during visits by HRH Duke of York.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last recorded payslip from Mum was 2012, £249k PA

I shall be having a word with my Mum shortly........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here