Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Can you advise where I can find a report by scientists to say that homosexuality is natural?

If it was natural to be gay then the human race would not exist.

Happens across species and genus groups, has nothing to do with humans at all. One thing being natural doesn't prevent other things being natural also - theres natural black haired people, theres natural brown haired people.

The standard claim that its a choice (and hence a 'sin' according to Iris Robinson et al) is rather outweighed by the fact that the same people who claim its a choice also claim that only humans are capable of free will... when homosexuality has been observed in hundreds of species (Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Anyway, its now widely believed to be either genetic or otherwise inherited (pre natal hormone/stress issues). Plus theres physical differences which frequently manifest (Homosexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Hard as you try, you can't decide to change the shape of bits of your brain!

NMH - amazingly - makes a point that has been passed around a bit which is that its also an attempt to reduce overpopulation... not seen a serious scientific study in to it but it does seem to be a favoured thesis topic if a google search is anything to go by (homosexuality overpopulation - Google Search)

This help you see how something can be 'natural' even when it appears to be contrary to the standard patterns? People don't go around attacking left handed people...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
See? You try to even be reasonable about gays, and you just get a queer **** that reminds you why they should be reviled.

The mere fact that you lump "gays" in together as one group suggests you are not being remotely reasonable.

Can you judge all whites by the same standard? I hope not, as that would make all us white people the same as Hitler, or Roy Whiting perhaps, or Stalin. What about Australians, are they all the same, or all Top Gear fans, or stamp collectors, or women, or Palace fans? So why is it so easy to brand all gay people with the same moral values?

Just as there are annoying bastards in all walks of life, so are there thoroughly decent people, and that includes the gay community. People who just want to live their lives, to be able to be with the person they choose, and to get on with things, just like you do. Nobody chooses who they fall in love with, and if we all got to grips with that, the world might be a better place. They don't actually want to be labelled as "gay" generally, but when they do it, it's often a reaction to negative treatment from others.

The reason there is a Pride in the first place is because historically, gay people have been denied the same privileges that the rest of us take for granted, and I guess until that changes, it will remain thus.

Treat everyone as you would wish to be treated, as someone once said, and perhaps there wouldn't be the need for this Pride that you evidently feel is so offensive...

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Will be vacating Brighton for the whole of Saturday. If anybody get's
any pleasure out of seeing men holding hands and kissing each other then
they are welcome to go and watch. To me it's disgusting and I would lock em
up.
When is there going to be a Proud to be straight day? The answer is it would never be allowed to happen because it would be homophobic. Please explain
what this country has come to!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will be vacating Brighton for the whole of Saturday. If anybody get's
up.
When is there going to be a Proud to be straight day? The answer is it would never be allowed to happen because it would be homophobic. Please explain
what this country has come to!!

Haha, you actually posted that without copying and pasting my entirely ironic "Post Your Own Homophobia" effort? :laugh:

What I can't get my head around is that most women, as a rule, don't give a shit either way about lesbians, yet so many straight men have such major hang ups about gay men that they declare they'd rather leave town than be within a few miles of Pride. Why? Is it a threat to your masculinity?? Why don't women care, or go around saying it's not natural, or a threat to the human race?

What's the deal, chaps? If it really comes down to the pure biology of it...well I'd be more than willing to bet that plenty of the most stringent homophobes on here have tried persuading their girlfriends to engage in a bit of, shall we say, backdoor action. So please tell me, why is it such an issue?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The offensive thing for me is that a decent word from the English language has been hijacked to give an aura of decency to something that many find tacky.It's disturbing to read that City tax payers underwrite this in- your -face nonsense;surely that cannot be so?

Gay?...........certainly not.

Pride?...........only in being reasonably far away when this charade plays out.

Jan 30, 2008
pride is just a excuse for some gays to act out sordid homosexual behavior and stroll around for the day "safe" in the knowledge that no ones going to condem them, its this sort of behavior that really pisses some people off and rightly so
let them do it behind closed doors ok but not in public, its time pride was stopped ,the longer it drags on the louder the complaints will get its only a matter of time keep the faith :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Happens across species and genus groups, has nothing to do with humans at all. One thing being natural doesn't prevent other things being natural also - theres natural black haired people, theres natural brown haired people.

The standard claim that its a choice (and hence a 'sin' according to Iris Robinson et al) is rather outweighed by the fact that the same people who claim its a choice also claim that only humans are capable of free will... when homosexuality has been observed in hundreds of species (Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Anyway, its now widely believed to be either genetic or otherwise inherited (pre natal hormone/stress issues). Plus theres physical differences which frequently manifest (Homosexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Hard as you try, you can't decide to change the shape of bits of your brain!

NMH - amazingly - makes a point that has been passed around a bit which is that its also an attempt to reduce overpopulation... not seen a serious scientific study in to it but it does seem to be a favoured thesis topic if a google search is anything to go by (homosexuality overpopulation - Google Search)

This help you see how something can be 'natural' even when it appears to be contrary to the standard patterns? People don't go around attacking left handed people...

Superb.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
pride is just a excuse for some gays to act out sordid homosexual behavior and stroll around for the day "safe" in the knowledge that no ones going to condem them, its this sort of behavior that really pisses some people off and rightly so
let them do it behind closed doors ok but not in public, its time pride was stopped ,the longer it drags on the louder the complaints will get its only a matter of time keep the faith :thumbsup:

You just don't like it when gay men ram it in your face do you!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If anybody get's
up.

Presumably you've never taken any pleasure from watching two women kissing each other then? It's exactly the same thing.

Jan 30, 2008
who REALLY wants to see them mincing around Brighton in a pathetic attempt to be part of the community . as someone said in a earlier post we now have outsiders flooding into the city for the event? and the locals getting fed up, it will not go on for ever believe me

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
who REALLY wants to see them mincing around Brighton in a pathetic attempt to be part of the community . as someone said in a earlier post we now have outsiders flooding into the city for the event? and the locals getting fed up, it will not go on for ever believe me

So you coming along to Pride on Saturday Das, or what?? It'll be a right hoot & you can even get to wear your Nazi uniform. A few bevvies; a couple of pills & you can be Herman Goering! Your bound to get a lot of admiring looks & lots of attention, so what the hell are you waiting for? You KNOW it makes sense!! :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think it is interesting that it is the more right wing / fascist sector of the board who are so vehemently anti-Pride. It highlights how uneducated they are as a large number of notorious fascists were total screamers.

It is also funny how Das was so adamant that some of us go to his Nazi March that he didn't even attend. However I did attend to see for myself. Das should go along to Pride and see for himself. Though the fact that he isa a NAzi would probably rule him out of this kind of open mindedness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here