Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Looney

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No. That is, once again, that thing you refuse to come to terms with - nature.

So you accept that nature makes some people infertile, hence not procreating; yet you don't accept that nature makes some people homosexual, hence not procreating.

I'd LOVE to live in Bigot Land, where selective acceptance appears to be entirely normal...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't really want to wade in on this one, but I'd just like to add a few points.
The animals are gay argument doesn't really count, because we are the only animal that has sex for pleasure. If a male animal is shagging another male animal it is more likely to be a way of showing his status over the other animal, rather than because he enjoys it.
The argument that anal sex is un-natural is open to debate. Nature put the prostate up the arse, it must be there for a reason, why not so another man can touch it with his penis. Due to procreation however, I don't see how it can be argued against that it is MORE natural for a man to have sex with a woman.
I don't see how you can be born gay when you don't develop sexual urges untill you reach adolescence. Undoubtedly something happens within your body to make you swing one way or the other, but as has been said before it could just be the same principle of what gives you your personality, sexual preferences, likes and dislikes etc. which would point to it being nurture rather that nature, although that's not to say that you have a choice in the matter. Until someone discovers the gay gene this can't be proved either way

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The animals are gay argument doesn't really count, because we are the only animal that has sex for pleasure.

That is not true. The Bonobo monkeys, considered to be our closest ancestor, partake in oral sex (female to female and male to male). They also use sex as a way of greeting and favours.

There was a very interesting documentary on them about a year ago.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
That is not true. The Bonobo monkeys, considered to be our closest ancestor, partake in oral sex (female to female and male to male). They also use sex as a way of greeting and favours.

There was a very interesting documentary on them about a year ago.

Dolphins also have sex for pleasure, apparently. Theres also male to male sex in animals which is not to express dominance, as well as male/male long term mating partnerships amongst other animals (most ironically, in flamingos :lolol:)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
*sneaks back in*

Interesting point about being Born gay....teachers I know can tell in a very short period of time if a child is going to be gay, even at the age of 4...

" shouts "Apple's are great" at MYOB and runs out the door sniggering"

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Interesting point about being Born gay....teachers I know can tell in a very short period of time if a child is going to be gay, even at the age of 4...

I know what you mean. I remember being at primary school, and having a couple of unrelated really camp boys in my year. This was way before they hit puberty. Must have been about 8 years old. Both of them were out-gay by the time they went into VIth form.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The nurture v nature bit is all irrelevant anyway.

A sizeable minority of people are gay. That's their business. Doesn't matter how. AND IT'S NOT WRONG TO BE GAY. Doesn't make them better or worse. They've been persecuted since before time and there's a parade in Brighton to celebrate the fact that society doesn't marginalise them just because of this.

Pop along NMH and you might actually see them for the people that they are instead of demonising them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
BoF and MYOB, I stand corrected.

Dave, I'm not saying it's you, but that sounds suspiciously like bullshit to me. When they see a gay child do they look them up in later life to finds out if they were right? Anyone can have a guess, and assuming that they are telling the truth and can correctly predict gayness, it still doesn't prove that it is genetic.
For the record I think that it probably is genetic, but not a simple gay/straight situation, surely it would make sense that there are varying degrees of homosexuality which are then affected by your experiences in life. Either way, it still won't be proved until they find a gay gene

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My ex knew a lesbian and her brother was also gay. Also I knew a chap who was gay and so was his brother so maybe it is genetic I dunno.

Then again Im sure there are loads of straight/gay brothers and sisters.

So you accept that nature makes some people infertile, hence not procreating; yet you don't accept that nature makes some people homosexual, hence not procreating.

I'd LOVE to live in Bigot Land, where selective acceptance appears to be entirely normal...

You like throwing the 'bigot' word around like confetti because someone doesn't 'buy' that faggotty shit about "homosexuality is as natural as heterosex". So what that I don't agree with YOU and YOUR opinion like it's so f***ing righteous?

It's people like you who actually make people hate gays.

I for one, have developed a lot more disliking for gays, simply from 'debating' with a piece of crap like you. That's nice work, flaming moron.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You like throwing the 'bigot' word around like confetti because someone doesn't 'buy' that faggotty shit about "homosexuality is as natural as heterosex". So what that I don't agree with YOU and YOUR opinion like it's so f***ing righteous?

It's people like you who actually make people hate gays.

I for one, have developed a lot more disliking for gays, simply from 'debating' with a piece of crap like you. That's nice work, flaming moron.

Theres no "throwing" of terms around here, you've just admitted you're a bigot in that very post, as well as delving to extremely childish insults - "faggtty shit" for instance. Are you 13?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If gay people want to march up and down in leotards and tight jeans then that is their business.
They are sick and cannot be cured.

I would only object if money were given ( for a operation )to the really odd ones who say they are trapped in a mans body and need a sex-change.

I mean there are some folk in homes who think they are Long John Silver but we dont amputate one of their legs and stick a parrot on their shoulder do we.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Theres no "throwing" of terms around here, you've just admitted you're a bigot in that very post, as well as delving to extremely childish insults - "faggtty shit" for instance. Are you 13?

You`re a bender aren`t you. Admit it go on.

Oh just go do one, you have answered every point VERY poorly, repeated the same "he's a bigot because he doesn't agree with my incredulous opinions and refusals of nature"

I don't care what age you are, you are just a very poor person.

No wonder you're gay. You can have sex without anyone checking your personality first!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh just go do one, you have answered every point VERY poorly, repeated the same "he's a bigot because he doesn't agree with my incredulous opinions and refusals of nature"

I don't care what age you are, you are just a very poor person.

At least points have been answered, unlike your continual avoidance of questions, and worse, avoidance of fact. As goes being a "poor person", I don't feel the need to victimise sections of society, as it appears you do.

No wonder you're gay. You can have sex without anyone checking your personality first!

???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is there any reason you want to know? My private life is private.

just wondering like..............................

tee hee poofter alert

At least points have been answered, unlike your continual avoidance of questions, and worse, avoidance of fact. As goes being a "poor person", I don't feel the need to victimise sections of society, as it appears you do.

???

At least points have been answered, unlike your continual avoidance of questions, and worse, avoidance of fact. Oh, and repeating the "you are a bigot" mantra to everyone that doesn't agree with your gay opinion.

You are WRONG-UN and there's no doubt about that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here