Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride & Falmer

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What pisses me off as the lack of good will. We play away from home on the first day every year because of Pride. How about, just this once, we get to play at home?

How about giving something back to the local people who happily host Pride every year and welcome gay visitors to the city and let us celebrate that weekend after a 14 year struggle?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What pisses me off as the lack of good will.

lets not damn the whole gay community because of one mug, we can be better than that. sounds to me like the organisers are onboard with deciding a change.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What pisses me off as the lack of good will. We play away from home on the first day every year because of Pride. How about, just this once, we get to play at home?

How about giving something back to the local people who happily host Pride every year and welcome gay visitors to the city and let us celebrate that weekend after a 14 year struggle?

Because its a one way street fella, What did you expect them to bend over backwards for us ! :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the idea of pride going elsewhere is laughable. they may as well say let's not have it and just haver london pride.

LondonPride-Kozarec-Pipa.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There must be some openly gay fans on here. What do you think?
I'm happy for Pride but one year is surely a fair deal?

If they want to have Pride (is there any real need for it these days?) it should be permanently moved to a weekend that doesn't clash with the traditions and needs of a local institution that's been around since 1901.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I find the extremes on both side of this argument tedious. Frankly, moving pride is no big deal and the ridiculous reactions are the sort of thing that fuel the likes of HB&B and simpletons, but some of the homphobes on our side of the debate make me want to skip down St James street in a leather thong demading a summer long Pride culminating in a 3 week Hi Nrg party at our new stadium at the end of August.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ridiculous considering pride happens every yr and Falmer's first game is a once in a lifetime thing. Also almost every fecking yr we have to have an away fixture first cos of the f***ing thing. That bloke was clearly a twat shouting his mouth off - can't stand gay people who cry homophobe after the littlest thing!

Dandyman

In London village.
lets not damn the whole gay community because of one mug, we can be better than that. sounds to me like the organisers are onboard with deciding a change.

Sounds like the right answer.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That's a bit of a bugger.

Still, let 'em go elsewhere. After all, how many of them are of local origin?

One of my favourite moments was when, after years of all the boring taunts about my team, 2 of my uni mates came down several years after we'd left and we went out in Brighton. One was a massive SUNDERLAND fan who could be described as homo-phobic to say the least. We started off at the Nightingale Pub near the station and whilst at the bar I got talking to a couple of blokes whilst waiting to be served ("where you from, etc"). But evidently they were gay. Anyway I signalled my mate, who was making all sort of these :safeway faces etc from the table we'd grabbed, to come and give me a hand carrying the drinks back. By then I knew the moment I'd waited for many years was a matter of seconds away.....after all the years of "does your boyfriend know you're here etc" from this mate in particular. Anyway, when my mate got to the bar I decided to introduce him to these gentlemen. "Aidy (my mate), this is John...... he lives in Kemptown but as you can tell from his accent.....originally he's from SUNDERLAND......." Priceless! My mate's face dropped and he was forced out of politeness to continue the conversation about their shared NE origins. I left 'em at the bar chatting and rejoined my other mates at our table. As I've never let him forget, we may be "a town full of faggots". But they're YOUR faggots :thumbsup:

Live and let live I say, and I think my mate learnt a valuable lesson that night.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It would be so much better if it wasn't in the football season anyway :)

Thats what I have been trying to say for YEARS.

With enough planning it can tie in to when there isnt much going on.

Isnt one of the reasons that it follows the London Pride the week after? So thats TWO weekends of partying? Added to the others up and down the COUNTRY.

One of my gay mates was disgusted recently by the mess left on Beach/Hove Lawns following visitors on a hot weekend.

He gets equally angry at the mess left in Preston Park as well.

It ALSO needs to be ticketed as well.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... I'm now being reported to the LGBTS local copper for homophobic comments! This, even though my next door neighbour is gay and has been a friend for 14 years!

Excuse my ignorance but what's an LGBTS copper? I'm guessing LGB stands for Lesbian Gay Bi (although surely that's a bit of tautology as if you're lesbian by definition you must be gay) - but what are T's and S's? (Transvestites?)

This is NOT some cheap fishing post, I genuinely don't know.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

The stupid thing is, as already mentioned I'm sure the majority of them don't care which weekend it's on so it's not like they even have to "give something back" as such.

D

Deleted User X18H

Excuse my ignorance but what's an LGBTS copper? I'm guessing LGB stands for Lesbian Gay Bi (although surely that's a bit of tautology as if you're lesbian by definition you must be gay) - but what are T's and S's? (Transvestites?)

This is NOT some cheap fishing post, I genuinely don't know.

Lesbian Gay Bi (sexual) and Trans Sexual. Copper means policeman

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
jumped up twatts,getting all uppity because an event that celebrates their affliction is clashing with a truly momentous occasion , when do hetro's get their pride weekend or people who bum animals or junkies ,when are we all expected to join in and celebrate their "diversity". i lived in sydney for 18 years and as far as jockeys go , i've just about seen it all,at least there the live and let live thing worked both ways,and as for the GBLTS POLICE......haaaaa haaaaa haaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa fucksake.

Dandyman

In London village.
jumped up twatts,getting all uppity because an event that celebrates their affliction is clashing with a truly momentous occasion , when do hetro's get their pride weekend or people who bum animals or junkies ,when are we all expected to join in and celebrate their "diversity". i lived in sydney for 18 years and as far as jockeys go , i've just about seen it all,at least there the live and let live thing worked both ways,and as for the GBLTS POLICE......haaaaa haaaaa haaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa fucksake.

I don't mind Gayers but frankly I draw the line at lager swilling convicts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here