Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Price of cigarettes

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Travelling in to work early morning on these cold, crisp, days and the smell of smokers getting on the bus really reeks.

I'm sure these poor lads & lasses, having showered, got dressed and generally well groomed, can have no idea how awful they stink & I've even had to change seats to move away from them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anyone who wants to pack up...just reach straight for Alan Carr's Easyway to give up Smoking.

I don't mean the Goofy Gay bloke btw. I GUARANTEE you will succeed if you follow his method. It is dead easy and you will be done and dusted in less than a week.

Anyone interested can PM me or just Google it.

I know a few people who have given up using that book.........some of them more than once BOOMMM TSSSHHHHHH!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Travelling in to work early morning on these cold, crisp, days and the smell of smokers getting on the bus really reeks.

I'm sure these poor lads & lasses, having showered, got dressed and generally well groomed, can have no idea how awful they stink & I've even had to change seats to move away from them.

daily life before the smoking ban must have been absolute hell for you

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
I pay 2 quid for 20 marlboro reds.

Bargain. Its a bleedin' liberty asking people to pay £8.00 for the privelege of getting Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Impotence, Gum Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Athloscleroma, Halitosis and Myocardial Insufficiency.

Its the individuals right to acquire these conditions WITHOUT having to take out a second mortgage or starve their kiddies for them.

Smoking should be free.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Bargain. Its a bleedin' liberty asking people to pay £8.00 for the privelege of getting Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Impotence, Gum Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Athloscleroma, Halitosis and Myocardial Insufficiency.

Its the individuals right to acquire these conditions WITHOUT having to take out a second mortgage or starve their kiddies for them.

Smoking should be free.

Right...................

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anti smokers got their wish, and cigarettes are banned in public houses, and restaurants.........and they are still bitching haha....whats the next target? Car exhausts? Aircraft trails?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anti smokers got their wish, and cigarettes are banned in public houses, and restaurants.........and they are still bitching haha....whats the next target? Car exhausts? Aircraft trails?

They're not bitching, they're laughing at the people who still persist with it. Well I am, anyway. Losers.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nah, its whinging, ive just read through the posts again...

Whinging about what? They're the ones that stink, cant walk up stairs without wheezing, age prematurely and are more likely to die a horrible death. I'm not whinging about them, I just cant understand why they still do it.

It isn't that hard to give up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I wear aftershave. I dont wheeze climbing stairs, i look younger than most people my age, particularly drinkers, and more likely to die a horrible death, maybe, but i imagine it doesnt compare to being run over by an articulated lorry, or mangled in a car crash? Not sure that any death is lovely. Call it habit, call it stupid, but I enjoy smoking, and like my father, who died in his nineties, I will continue to smoke until the end...

Its dying out in the UK, and thats a good thing for future generations...just let the generations that were force fed the things at an early age go about the lives without being vilified... ;-)
Theres plenty of other things to worry about.

On a serious note, and I dont know if its reflected in other 'eastern' European countries, but I dont think ive ever seen so many young girls smoking, as ive seen here...didnt really notice it in Holland, Belgium or Germany, but here, its quite common..

The Smoking bans hasnt really affected CZ...im sure it will eventually, but definitely not yet.. im also sure that many bars and restaurants will just ignore it..same as in some other countries that have introduced bans etc..

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wear aftershave. I dont wheeze climbing stairs, i look younger than most people my age, particularly drinkers, and more likely to die a horrible death, maybe, but i imagine it doesnt compare to being run over by an articulated lorry, or mangled in a car crash? Not sure that any death is lovely. Call it habit, call it stupid, but I enjoy smoking, and like my father, who died in his nineties, I will continue to smoke until the end...

Its dying out in the UK, and thats a good thing for future generations...just let the generations that were force fed the things at an early age go about the lives without being vilified... ;-)
Theres plenty of other things to worry about.

On a serious note, and I dont know if its reflected in other 'eastern' European countries, but I dont think ive ever seen so many young girls smoking, as ive seen here...

Aftershave doesn't cover up the vile stench of stale cigarettes. Strangely enough, I still really like the smell of fresh cigarettes though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here