Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prescott

Keith B Wetherill

Oct 6, 2003
Helsinki,Finland
:censored: I think Prescott and the so called Labour party have their own agenda and I seriously think the decision re Falmer has been purposely delayed. If and when they say no as is a distinct possibility, it will be too late to protest where it hurts as they will already have been elected.My thoughts are that we should now give up being the nice guys,and every single BRIGHTON supporter should get out there and vote Conservative or Liberal(tho'that might help Baker)
If we do that it could well affect the marginals and we can then let them know what we did!!
:bounce:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
So vote for the Tories who deselected a candidate as he publicly supported Falmer!

John Prescott could have gone with the Inspectors and turned the site down, he hs not and given Falmer another chance!

Dont forget that if teh Tories had what they wanted all football supporters would now be carrying ID cards - they do not back Sport at all!

Mr Blobby

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mr Blobby said:
So vote for the Tories who deselected a candidate as he publicly supported Falmer!

John Prescott could have gone with the Inspectors and turned the site down, he hs not and given Falmer another chance!

Dont forget that if teh Tories had what they wanted all football supporters would now be carrying ID cards - they do not back Sport at all!

Mr Blobby
U dont know what u are talking about! Seb Coe doesnt back sport then, what about the shadow culture minister visiting Falmer a few month's back, I dont mind sensible comments but please have the decency to get facts right b4 spouting eh

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It wasn't the Labour Party that couldn't make the enquiry because they had Golf/Skiing/Holidays organised, that then couldn't make an earlier (December) date as it was 'too soon' and have constantly tried to prolong things. I'm much more worried about the influence that Soames, Bottomley and (if he gets elected) the anti-Falmer MP for Kemptown will have on the outcome if the Tories get in. For me, the real nightmare is that we get the Inspector to agree that Falmer is the best location and the Tory Minister throes in his veto.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Keith B Wetherill said:
:censored: I think Prescott and the so called Labour party have their own agenda and I seriously think the decision re Falmer has been purposely delayed. If and when they say no as is a distinct possibility, it will be too late to protest where it hurts as they will already have been elected.My thoughts are that we should now give up being the nice guys,and every single BRIGHTON supporter should get out there and vote Conservative or Liberal(tho'that might help Baker)
If we do that it could well affect the marginals and we can then let them know what we did!!
:bounce:

Liberal? LIBERAL?? The party of Bellotti and Baker??? Have you completely lost it comrade?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
junior said:
I think some people need reminding that the Falmer decision is not the ONLY issue to think about when deciding who to vote for.

And this is one general election out of several I hope to vote in, but (hopefully) the only one where a stadium for the Albion is an issue.

So as far as I'm concerned on this one occasion it is the key issue.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Keith B Wetherill said:
I think Prescott and the so called Labour party have their own agenda and I seriously think the decision re Falmer has been purposely delayed.

Strike me down with a feather. I haven't heard that one Keith. How bloody original is that? Get on to The Mail and they'll make it headlines on the front page. I wish I was as clever as you.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
[ I'm much more worried about the influence that Soames, Bottomley and (if he gets elected) the anti-Falmer MP for Kemptown will have on the outcome if the Tories get in. For me, the real nightmare is that we get the Inspector to agree that Falmer is the best location and the Tory Minister throes in his veto. [/B][/QUOTE]

Isnt it a she for Kemp Town ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
junior said:
I think some people need reminding that the Falmer decision is not the ONLY issue to think about when deciding who to vote for.

How bloody patronising is that remark??

If people want to treat this is a single issue election then that's their total right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with voting on local issues and let's face it this is one of the biggest.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
sparkie said:

If people want to treat this is a single issue election then that's their total right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with voting on local issues and let's face it this is one of the biggest.

One of the biggest for us I agree but looking at the Planning Inspectorate's Website it does not rank a mention. But the South Downs National Park does plus redeveloping docks at Harwich and other things. That's why we have to keep the pressure on the media and the minister to make them realise that a new stadium soon for us is a huge local Sussex Issue

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sparkie said:

Exactly. One real problem I've got is that I can't really see any major difference between the main 3 parties with regards to national policies. Same shit different tie. Therefore local issues for a lot of people, myself included, may well make the decision for them.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Rangdo said:
Exactly. One real problem I've got is that I can't really see any major difference between the main 3 parties with regards to national policies. Same shit different tie. Therefore local issues for a lot of people, myself included, may well make the decision for them.

:thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think maybe Keith has been spending a little too much time in Helsinki, and not spending enough time paying attention to the antics of Falmer Parish Council, Lewes District Council, and the owners of Toads Hole Valley - none of whom are affiliated to Mr Prescott, and of whom have a vested interest in delaying the Inquiry.

P.S. Falmer is not an issue up here, as there is not a chance in hell of Labour taking Guildford given that the Tories only lost the seat to the LibDems by 500 votes last time out.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
junior said:

When deciding who to vote for, most people will vote based on how they feel the outcome might affect them.

If you feelings about Falmer outway your feelings about other subjects, then Falmer IS the key issue that you would be voting on.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Does anyone actually have a non-biased view on who would be the best party to vote for in terms of getting Falmer? It seems to me that it's Labour, but I can't stand Tony Blair !!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The problem is no other party has said it will give Falmer if elected so isnt it just frying pan into the fire? If you vote in this election based on Falmer you are being very silly.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Albion Dan said:
The problem is no other party has said it will give Falmer if elected so isnt it just frying pan into the fire? If you vote in this election based on Falmer you are being very silly.

Well, I am going to be silly then and vote Tory to try and get Baker out. The seat would never go to Labour in a thousand elections so I have to make my protest vote count especially if Baker and the local Lib Dems ask me who I am voting for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here