Premier league teams to play 1 game abroad

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
probably been done but...

...I cant WAIT to fly to Sydney just to watch Wigan v Fulham :D

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
What an absolute load of bollocks. Scudamore needs putting down. Does anyone have a say in what this absolute prick does or can he just go about thinking up the pathetic schemes without having to answer to anyone.

Fair play to Harry Redknapp who has said it's 'a load of old nonsence' and moaned about how far football is getting removed from the fans. I'd save your breath Harry, none of the morons wants to hear that.

5 cities earmarked apparently, 4 in the far east and one in Australia. Make your f***ing mind up you whinging, moaning, overpaid, deluded wankers, are you players tired or not?

Expect a petition from Manchester United fans backing the idea in the next couple of days.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Madness, why can't these foreigners watch it in the telly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The bubble one day will burst. GOOD.

The whole concept of the premeirship is now built around the same as Americian Football, where the teams are no more than Franchaise Companies, to be bought or sold at a whim, no regard to those who support by attendance. The sooner the whole lot explodes the better.

The few English players left in the top flight are overpaid under-achievers, lacking in basic technique as shown last night.

If they wish to bugger off and play elsewhere good luck, lets get back to proper football.

At the end of the day attendances and sky subscriptions are going down especially in pubs for the premiership so it will not belong before the money men go also.

More people watch at grounds, League football than premiership.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A chairman was talking on the radio tonight about "soccer" when questioned tonight.

.. absolutely ridiculous. Stan Collymore spoke a lot of sense (yes really) about it tonight. As if Blackburn are going to build up a huge following in the far east off the back of it.

This is the greed league at its worse and the Premiership are trying to defend it by saying that American Football is encroaching on his "market abroad".

I hope this will be universally rejected by fans of the clubs involved.

The chairmen should be utterly utterly ashamed they are even thinking of the idea. The next logical step is no relegation from the top league.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
I can understand the league wanting to take the clubs overseas, but to do it for premiership points and take away the fairness of the league system is rediculous.

Why not take the premier league teams out of the league cup (the top teams don't take it seriously anyway), and play a pre-season knock out cup overseas. They could play the early rounds in 4-5 different countries and rotate the final each year across Asia, the US, Australia, the middle East etc. Should be able to still attract decent sponsorship, prize money etc.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to Dubai.

I'll be more than happy to arrange accommodation and tickets.

Hows that f*** off tall building coming on?.Isnt it half as high again as the current tallest?.???

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Hang-on. For alot of football 'fans' The Prem is it,nothing else excists. For me as a footy fan this is the best thing that can ever happen. It is over.:wave:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Absolutely TEXTBOOK use of CAPITALS from tomorrow's Daily Mirror!

Attachments

• 005109432.jpg
    005109432.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 94

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
No need for the whingers to go to Withdean anymore and we could abandon Falmer, play future home games at various venues in Asia, with the money saved we could afford to pay agents higher fees, for players we could watch on more expensive subscription TV, at inconvenient times of the day

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thinking about it, how is it making the fans loose out?

They will still play the same amount of games in England so they wont be missing any other matches, and they get a nice little trip aswell!!

Its a WIN WIN!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The Mirror are a bit late with that - it was sold a while ago. Most of the Premier League clubs are foreign owned, with foreign employees, and foreign customers (via TV revenue) providing most of the income.

Local fans are becoming something of an irrelevance. Although it's nice when they have a sing song and create an atmosphere for the TV public watching around the world.

This is what makes me laugh when people say shit like 'You have to support Chelsea in the Champions League - they're representing England'.

Said it before, and I'll say it again - they're now multinational companies which just happen to have their HQs in England.

With the globalisation of sport, I'm sure one the big money-making teams will eventually be MOVED overseas. Man Utd based in China, for example.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Foreign Players, playing in foreign lands. Well let them all f*** off and we can get on with what we know and love at home!

Complete TOSS!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm so annoyed by this, but wonder whether I should actually care.

Seeded games completely undermine the concept of a league.

Premiership chairmen HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME.

Thank god some sensible managers have spoken out against it.

I'd REALLY like to think Scudamore does a Ratner and realises what an utter idiot he had made himself look and does one.

Mr Scudamore anticipated the criticism that the integrity of the competition could be damaged if, for example, Manchester United beat Derby County 5-0 in their one-off game in Shanghai while Chelsea drew 1-1 with a more formidable Blackburn Rovers in Mel-bourne. “I admit is is a deviation, albeit a minor one, one thirty-ninth, from perfect symmetry but integrity is a different word,” he said.

“There are inherent unfairnesses in our league, like playing a team coming back from a long trip in Europe or with players injured or suspended. But that is not a lack of integrity. These will all be genuine matches in the middle of the season.”

Please JUST GO AWAY, you are a laughing stock.

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Is there any way lower league clubs can disassociate themselves with the Premier League entirely? This is one of the most depressing things I've ever read about football, and I wonder when someone is going to step in and say "enoughs enough" - I'm not sure they ever will. If they don't I can see this happening because it's clear the big clubs couldn't give two fucks about their fans.

How about, The Premiership is isolated from now on. Players can still sign for those clubs, but if they don't make it they'll have to go to lower league levels, where we all pay £10 and game, we can stand on terraces and get a cheap drink at half time. Scudamore and Gold can piss off to China to host the souless big games and we'll enjoy proper football. I know this is idealistic nonsense but this is a moment where I look to the future and wonder what football is going to be like.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The FA have to sanction all League rules and competitions so they have the power of veto if they wished. Also any team playing outside of the FA jurisdiction ie in France or the far east have to seek permission, which obviously is normally given but does not have to be given.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just caught a soundbite from Scudamore, on the radio, defending this:-

"what a weekend it will be for the viewer, all the build up, news from the cities, human interest stories, LIKE THE MAN WHO HASN'T MISSED A GAME FOR 35 YEARS, STRUGGLING TO GET ON THE PLANE".

What the f**k, I'm speechless and I think that's the 1st time I've said F**k on NSC.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
What a load of bollocks. Crap idea IMHO. Money, money money..... A better idea would be for two premier teams to play a game at lower league grounds and the lower league clubs get a percentage or all of the gate receipts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here