Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Given the statement at the press conference that the peak in the UK is 10 to 14 weeks away, which is towards the end of May and into June, we may get to see some games in April.
However if this true than the Euros are in danger along with Test Matches and the new 100 tournament in cricket.

How will TalkSport survive....oh hang on they bang on about gibberish anyway...so no change

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9275310 said:
The ideal scenario for England. Everyone happy presumably except Liverpool :lolol:

[tweet]1238185316369997829[/tweet]

Ohh would love that if means Leeds stay in the Championship again, I think Yorkshire would have more flooding with the wailing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think on Tuesday UEFA will decide to move the Euros to next summer and all the leagues and European competition will also postpone fixtures for 30 days. This would be to allow the seasons to overrun into the summer to complete if needed and if things do not return to normal by X date (which would be when the summer would not be sufficient to complete) then the null and void option will be triggered with European spots being granted on how the table looks when the seasons are abandoned.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If Saturdays fixtures go ahead and we lose to Arsenal and all three below us win, if league positions count for the season......then we will be relegated. That's not good news is it?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If Saturdays fixtures go ahead and we lose to Arsenal and all three below us win, if league positions count for the season......then we will be relegated. That's not good news is it?
Plus we got the week off after when others play. We really don't wanna be losing this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Given the statement at the press conference that the peak in the UK is 10 to 14 weeks away, which is towards the end of May and into June, we may get to see some games in April.
However if this true than the Euros are in danger along with Test Matches and the new 100 tournament in cricket.

I didn't hear that 10-14 week peak. I did hear that we are 4 weeks behind Italy and, if their peak is 6-10 weeks away, I'm more alarmed than I was.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Plus we got the week off after when others play. We really don't wanna be losing this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Yep. We must get at least a draw, which with out far superior GD will keep us out of the bottom 3. We can't risk being below the line were the PL to call everything off and base it on the position after Saturday.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best solution is to postpone all football for a couple of months then see where we are.

If it's better in two months just play through the summer and don't have much of a summer break (the break is now instead)

If in two months we still can't play, then stop then declare all remaining matches 0-0, abolish relegation, but promote the teams in auto promotion spots in each league. Abandon the FA cup and Champions League.

The 2020/21 season, play the full season if possible, but half the season if necessary and relegate a larger number of teams to get each division where we need. We should be in a position to play the delayed euros and start the 2021/22, which remember has a world cup in December, on time

Set up an emergency fund to keep the lower league clubs ticking over, with the money coming from the Premier League and reach an agreement with the PFA about reducing players wages whilst they're not playing, (ie most of us won't get paid if we can't work for a long period of time).

I don't agree with those saying abandon the season now. It would be completely ridiculous if Liverpool don't get their title. Amusing, but ridiculous

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
If the players or those around them in the clubs or officials get ill, then there will be no choice but to abandon the season. If not, I expect it to carry on behind closed doors.

But it only takes one or two teams out of action for a week or two for it to be untenable. I guess on the plus side the slots that would have been taken up by International or Euro Cup matches are now going to be free again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Best solution is to postpone all football for a couple of months then see where we are.

If it's better in two months just play through the summer and don't have much of a summer break (the break is now instead)

Not a ridiculous idea, but some players would be out of contract.

I reckon UEFA will insist all leagues are scrapped. We'll know that on Tuesday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If in two months we still can't play, then stop then declare all remaining matches 0-0, abolish relegation, but promote the teams in auto promotion spots in each league. Abandon the FA cup and Champions League.

The 2020/21 season, play the full season if possible, but half the season if necessary and relegate a larger number of teams to get each division where we need. We should be in a position to play the delayed euros and start the 2021/22, which remember has a world cup in December, on time

Set up an emergency fund to keep the lower league clubs ticking over, with the money coming from the Premier League and reach an agreement with the PFA about reducing players wages whilst they're not playing, (ie most of us won't get paid if we can't work for a long period of time).

I don't agree with those saying abandon the season now. It would be completely ridiculous if Liverpool don't get their title. Amusing, but ridiculous

One problem is that different regions of Europe will peak at widely different times. Some would be in the middle of their own pandemic after the blanket two month ban, others past it.

Would our 2020/21 CL places be determined by those 0-0’s on top of current points? The combined might of Manure, Arsenal and Spuds, plus Wolves, would have something to say about that ... the financial sums involved huge plus it’s a draw for new players.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
My guess is PL and Football League will go for the solution that least risks legal action. Extrapolation or foreshortening (ie stop at a date and use the table at that point) will certainly lead to legal action as they are blatantly unfair. Differential numbers of games will be completed and the quality of the remaining opposition will clearly be different for teams in critical (ie relegation PL, promo Championship) situations.

We are then left with postponement of season to date tbc (probably 30 June on assumption that Euros are postponed) with games being played whenever possible (and bugger Sky); closed doors (may be impossible if Covid-19 spreads to players as it already may have done), mixture of both these, or cancelling season. I think the season will be done well enough by Monday that somehow it will be completed unless Covid-19 is spread among players; if not, cancelling seems to me be the only option.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Anyone getting overly concerned about how and when to conclude the football season has probably failed to fully grasp the enormity of the global health, economic and social crisis that is currently unfolding.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My guess is PL and Football League will go for the solution that least risks legal action. Extrapolation or foreshortening (ie stop at a date and use the table at that point) will certainly lead to legal action as they are blatantly unfair. Differential numbers of games will be completed and the quality of the remaining opposition will clearly be different for teams in critical (ie relegation PL, promo Championship) situations.

We are then left with postponement of season to date tbc (probably 30 June on assumption that Euros are postponed) with games being played whenever possible (and bugger Sky); closed doors (may be impossible if Covid-19 spreads to players as it already may have done), mixture of both these, or cancelling season. I think the season will be done well enough by Monday that somehow it will be completed unless Covid-19 is spread among players; if not, cancelling seems to me be the only option.

I agree. Once the advice of scientists via the government is that attended football matches shouldn’t go ahead, or many games are getting postponed due to staff displaying symptoms, there’ll be a postponement of the remainder of the season.

Euro2020 will be cancelled regardless.

Some EFL clubs could go bust, perhaps a rescue package from the PL or FA?

Season 2020/21 will be the last thing to be planned.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thats the MOTD view. Personally I thought we were excellent, and took great pleasure from seeing Bissouma looking like a ridiculous footballer, Propper running a game for once, and McAllister coming on and reinacting his matchwinning Hampden Park performance against Switzerland in that Euro 1992 qualifier.

Yes this, few chances, but we largely bossed it, Bissouma’s best game - what’s not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here