Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
3E33D5F7-98C7-4DC8-A4CD-A9ACB1CB9C08.jpeg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
d) Arteta showed symptons, so got tested, found positive.

You only get tested if:
You show symptons AND have been in contact with someone that has tested positive.
OR
You show symptoms AND have recently arrived from an affected area.
Yes but I am sure they said that they have all been tested and cancelling is just precautionary.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yes but I am sure they said that they have all been tested and cancelling is just precautionary.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

The statement says they weren't tested ahead of man city game and that they expect a number of them to self isolate so it doesn't sound like they have

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The game has been officially postponed now. I was wondering if we'd get a 3-nil forfeit if Arsenal couldn't field a team.

I haven't read the thread - does anyone have any info on what happens if the season cannot be completed?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Obviously a tiny issue compared to health and life, but it’s going to be a bit boring without sport (TV and going to games). I presume that the Joshua and Fury fights will fall by the wayside too, F1 with its global travel will also be cancelled.

Fatigue will soon kick in viewing 100’s of NSC Corona Virus threads.

Thank God for boxsets and movies.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Obviously a tiny issue compared to health and life, but it’s going to be a bit boring without sport (TV and going to games). I presume that the Joshua and Fury fights will fall by the wayside too, F1 with its global travel will also be cancelled.

Fatigue will soon kick in viewing 100’s of NSC Corona Virus threads.

Thank God for boxsets and movies.

You're assuming that TV etc. will be able to keep going !

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think as it looks like we are weeks away from the peak of the outbreak postponing the league simply wont work.

Finish all leagues now on current league positions with all teams occupying promotion places going up with the premier league increasing to 22 teams next year. Not sure how they'd settle play offs though!

Perhaps premier league prize money could be voluntarily filtered down to the lower leagues?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think as it looks like we are weeks away from the peak of the outbreak postponing the league simply wont work.

Finish all leagues now on current league positions with all teams occupying promotion places going up with the premier league increasing to 22 teams next year. Not sure how they'd settle play offs though!

Perhaps premier league prize money could be voluntarily filtered down to the lower leagues?

Top 6-8 championship teams today go into pre-season mini playoff tournament to determine 2 promotion places ?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Top 6-8 championship teams today go into pre-season mini playoff tournament to determine 2 promotion places ?

I guess that could work but would be very complicated.

Be very interesting to hear the outcome fo tomorrow's meeting, I guess a suspension of the league is inevitable now.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

Your solution is completely unfair.

I haven't checked the fixtures, but what if the team in 18th (Bournemuth) has played all the top 4 both home and away but the team in 17th (Watford) has still to pay them all once.

Bournemouth would sue.

Much fairer to cancel the season. And compensate the teams in the promotion positions.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I haven't checked the fixtures, but what if the team in 18th (Bournemuth) has played all the top 4 both home and away but the team in 17th (Watford) has still to pay them all once.

Bournemouth would sue.

Much fairer to cancel the season. And compensate the teams in the promotion positions.

Yes, could promote them and temporarily expand the league. Maybe skip the Cababaw Cup for a year.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Bournemouth would sue.

I wasn't saying that. I was suggesting that promotions would stand but there would be no relegations from any divisions, the premier league would expand as a result to 22 teams.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

The sensible part of that post was the last line. ALL Premier League clubs must donate towards a fund for the lower leagues, to help stave off the otherwise inevitable club bankruptcies that will ensue if they don’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here