Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Cologne had 3 players test positive, so they isolated those 3 and continued to test the remaining players in the squad. No one else tested positive so they have continued to train.

I wonder why Dresden have chosen to isolate the whole team? Seems very strange- they must be testing all the other players so I can't see the benefit of isolating all the players who have tested negative.

Dresden were back in full training together with contact as a squad when their infections were picked up. Cologne at the time were all training independently.

If the same were to happen here then infected squads will just have to have a minimum 2 week break just delaying the season even further. I could see a situation where we have the never ending season.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just another thing to throw into the mix. Haven't heard any news about the Championship plans for finishing the season. Seems there is some that want a restart and some want points per game to decide.

If the EPL unilaterally steam on and finish the season but the EFL don't, what happens then about relegation? If the EFL finish on points per game, do they have any moral right to promotion to the EPL? Already rumours circulating that league One and Two will not restart.

I've been saying this for a while - IF the Prem has to resume so quickly and enforce the Neutral Grounds idea, then sure as hell the Championship will have to do the same. Can't have one rule for one and not for the other.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Dresden were back in full training together with contact as a squad when their infections were picked up. Cologne at the time were all training independently.

Isolating whole squads when one player tests positive is likely to scupper the league once it is underway. For that reason I would expect them to change that approach ASAP.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Isolating whole squads when one player tests positive is likely to scupper the league once it is underway. For that reason I would expect them to change that approach ASAP.

They are following Gov protocols for isolating when you come into contact with someone who has the virus so cannot see that changing or it sends very mixed messages to the public

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

And there we have it....the most stupid post on this thread.

Well done Marty_McFly

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
We should not be playing football full stop. Why don't the government just say no, it's causing massive arguments in football and there is no compromise. There could be deaths, legislation and unfair competition, just so that Sky get some football and owners get their money, absolute madness. We can go without football until it's safe to play for players, supporters etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re Dresden, I believe it's also because the different states in Germany have more individualised powers and in turn have different rules. In Dresden's state their law maker has put in place the 14 day quarantine. There may be someone with better knowledge of Germany that can tell me that's wrong, however.

This is exactly correct. The decision is entirely down to the local state authority. Nothing to do with the Dresden players resuming full training or staying together.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1259405370356834305[/tweet]

[tweet]1259398940400726017[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The rest of the world is looking on in horror at our rising death toll, and we’re still discussing restarting the football season in a month. :mad:

We simply haven’t dealt with the virus as the likes of Denmark, Germany have. The only thing we’ve become immune to is 300+ people dying everyday.

But let’s concentrate on neutral venues and a new message. I’m increasingly perplexed about what is going on. :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well Barber and the Albion in general are being royally slated in every paper. Big six must have them on their payroll

The media are being directed by those higher up the food chain in the EPL, because we dare question the fairness.

So we are to play at neutral venues, extra substitutions are possible, possibilities of shorter halves, and the chance of over seas players not making it back, the disruption of the return of the league should a player test positive.....
And now the media and some half wit fans, question our integrity !!!

How the holy hell does that work ?

I have lost all faith and any love I had for the EPL, it cares about nothing but money....
Those changes are not football, those changes hardly resemble the game we love, those changes are not looking out for players.

And the media blame us, unbelievable....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Sky reporting a third Brighton player has tested positive. I doubt our club will be the only one to have players test positive. If it happens once all players report back for full training then we will see the same as happened in Germany and the whole squads having to isolate. I really cannot see how the season will be completed within UEFA timelines, if it even restarts now.

I'm sure as we are the nations bad guys we'll be accused of making it up to avoid relegation by the press and Burnley fans.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So another Brighton player tests positive for Covid-19, the life threatening illness

The response ..... apparently we’ve made it up to avoid relegation.

Unbelievable

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ok. So if a couple of dozen Albion fans were to order some Liverpool tops off the Internet, and then mill around outside the ground when we’re playing them, pretending to be Scouse, it’s three points to Brighton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could just give the 'Brighton Kop' or whatever those bellends are called some 'free' tickets for the game. Same result, more fun for us and no Brighton fan has to sully their reputation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here